This week's other international games

Decky

I can only suggest every Englishman laughs long and loud into the faces of the bitter Jocks. The filthy Mackems of Europe.

I had the misfortune to stand tonight in a pub with a jock who cheered on Scotland which is totally fair enough and come the unlucky end nobody in the pub cheered.

However the disgusting bitter vitriol by this drunken oaf towards England during Israel v Russia was as embarassing as it was predictably bitter.

Losers yet again, the Scots should realise that they'll always blow it. Get back to your treble whiskeys. :clap:

:clap:

No doubt I'll be labelled a hypocrite, or something, by our local Scots, but try putting up with all the anti-English "banter" these cunts dish out daily for 20 years and we'll see just how tolerant they are.

Incidently, I tanned a bottle of Jack Daniels in a (double) celebration, but I have a 7am start tomorrow... :hmm:

Guest alijmitchell

I can only suggest every Englishman laughs long and loud into the faces of the bitter Jocks. The filthy Mackems of Europe.

I had the misfortune to stand tonight in a pub with a jock who cheered on Scotland which is totally fair enough and come the unlucky end nobody in the pub cheered.

However the disgusting bitter vitriol by this drunken oaf towards England during Israel v Russia was as embarassing as it was predictably bitter.

Losers yet again, the Scots should realise that they'll always blow it. Get back to your treble whiskeys.  :clap:

Had to endure that throughout the whole qualifying campaign, things like cheering on macedonia, slashing drinks pirces for vodka and baltika beer when russia won, and just general anti englishness. The amount of smug jibes i received when they started off the campaign was unreal too, and I've kept my mouth shut all this time, telling them just to wait until the very end to see what happens. Even if we don't manage to make it on wednesday, i have to say i'm absolutely fucking delighted they completely choked, and it serves the fuckers right.

I'm still hungover from Saturday.  I can't ever remember being as drunk as that  :crazy2:

It was a good laugh though, the result aside.  We never really gave ourselves much of a chance conceding that early goal  :undecided:

I was hearing that we'll be in pot 2 for the world cup draw so hopefully we'll get an easier group this time around  :frantic:

Alan Hutton gets better every time I see him.

Toon scout has a Luca at stars

Nov 19 2007 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United scout Paul Montgomery travelled to Scotland on a double mission on Saturday.

And he was left to rue the one who got away as Luca Toni put Italy on their way to a decisive Euro 2008 qualifying victory over Scotland with his goal after a couple of minutes.

For the Italian was a player Montgomery wanted to bring to St James’ Park before the World Cup in the summer of 2006.

But despite his recommendation, the move for Toni failed to materialise, with Montgomery heading to Hampden Park to support his big pal, former Rangers boss Alex McLeish, and to check on Scotland right-back Alan Hutton.

Montgomery – his official title at St James’s Park is United Kingdom and Europe scouting coordinator – said today: “I worked with Alex at Ibrox for a couple of years and like everyone else I was desperately sorry at the way Scotland went out after doing brilliantly in their group.

“I was sitting quite close to the Scotland dug-out and I only had a brief word with Alex. While he was proud at what Scotland had done he was bitterly disappointed.

“As far as Alan Hutton is concerned, he is a player who was brought into Ibrox when Alex was in charge and a player I have kept an eye on since then.”

Unfortunately for United and Montgomery, someone else who has an eye on Hutton is Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson as he hunts for an eventual replacement for Gary Neville.

The article then goes into total shite....

In the summer of 2006, Montgomery, who first appeared at St James’s Park as one of Sir Bobby Robson’s scouts, was working for Glenn Roeder, who had just been appointed as United boss.

And I remember asking Montgomery if there was one player he would like to bring to United from the World Cup, to which he replied: “Luca Toni.”

And he said today: “At the time Toni was playing for Fiorentina and he was probably available for around £1m.

“But within a year his value had shot up and he moved to Bayern Munich in the summer for £7.7m.”

Either our scout is thick as fuck or Anal's making stuff up.

That Hutton fella looks mint down the right-hand side.

He did aswell. Looked very good.

Think someone mentioned him the game before aswell.

a scout was up there from newcastle mainly wanting to watch toni from italy and hutton from scotland

If we sent a scout to watch Toni then that is Roeder esque.

If Roeder turned down the chance to sign Toni for £1m which I massivley doubt he should be shot.

a scout was up there from newcastle mainly wanting to watch toni from italy and hutton from scotland

If we sent a scout to watch Toni then that is Roeder esque.

If Roeder turned down the chance to sign Toni for £1m which I massivley doubt he should be shot.

A) Do you need to scout a player like Toni to know how good he is?

B) He plays for Bayern Munich. Enough said.

We will be scouting Messi next...

:lol: You don't say.