Reality testing.

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you could wind the clock back to the summer, which one of these managers would you pick with the benefit of a little hindsight?

Moyes

Allardyce

Bruce

O'Neill

Redknapp

Hughes

Please only pick one from this list and explain why?

Guest LucaAltieri

'arry.

Put together a strong side without breaking the bank. Closest thing in the premiership to "the entertainers" at the moment. 7-4 indeed.

'arry.

Put together a strong side without breaking the bank. Closest thing in the premiership to "the entertainers" at the moment. 7-4 indeed.

Must have spent a fair bit surely? Paid £7m for Nugent for a start!

Managers like Redknapp don't seem stable enough for my liking.

Guest LucaAltieri

'arry.

Must have spent a fair bit surely? Paid £7m for Nugent for a start!

Managers like Redknapp don't seem stable enough for my liking.

Fair point re: Nugent.

You could argue the market is crazy at the moment anyway. £17m for Bent.

Redknapp. Could you imagine the type of players he would get to Newcastle with our budget! Especially as he loves attacking football.

This is the guy that somehow managed to get D'Alessandro to Pompey for a year.

We would have an exciting, strong and pacy side with loads of skill and ability.

Sigh ...

Allardyce. Exactly what we needed. All the kneejerkers are forgetting that he had a whole club to rebuild when he first came. He's rebuilt the squad and backroom staff, whilst still keeping a half decent position in the league (or at least one that can be easily built upon later in the season).

By the way woulnt go near MON

what has he done at Villa??

Sold all their right backs and not replaced them :D

Has got some good youth in though.

Yer with the youth but villa are still a really poor side he also bought in Zat Knight and Curtis Davies as well as around 7 million on Petrov who is awful.

Redknapp. Could you imagine the type of players he would get to Newcastle with our budget! Especially as he loves attacking football.

This is the guy that somehow managed to get D'Alessandro to Pompey for a year.

We would have an exciting, strong and pacy side with loads of skill and ability.

Sigh ...

What is our budget? I am guessing Redknapp spent more than us this summer.

I don't think he is all he is cracked up to be either, Pompey will do well in spells but ultimately will fall away again.

By the way woulnt go near MON

what has he done at Villa??

What's Allardyce done at Newcastle..

Well we are two points of Villa who under MON for more than a season and who have spent more money are no better than us.

Sam has had about 11 games

Guest Sniffer

I don't think any of them are capable of getting the Toon where we want to be, which is probably not so much a reflection on them as it on us. Some of them, like 'appy 'arry and that dirty bastard hughes, have done a terrific job but my gut feeling is that they wouldn't be able to do it here.

Probably due to the curse.