Reality testing.

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Out of those, I'd have, in order:

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

What impresses you about David Moyes?

I liek the way he goes about things. He's quietly built up a nice effective little squad, containing a number of players, despite what some of us might be stupid enough to think, that are better than our equivalents.

I can't agree abotu the "big players" thing, because there is little evidence of Allardyce being any better at that, other than his abilities to get faded starts to perform relatively well.

Over five years.

yes, over a good period of time. And he's had some very good and some bad seasons. But i like him. And he looks all scary-eyed as well. Like a ginger Collina.

Don't you see the hypocrisy in critisising Allardyce already then?

Moyes initial signings btw:

First summer

Yobo (£1m, paid a further £4.5m the following summer)

Li Weng Fei (£200k)

Li Tei (£200k)

Juliano Rodrigo (£1.25m)

Richard Wright (£3.5m)

First January

Ibrahim Saeed (Loan)

Brian McBride (3-month loan)

Iain Turner (£50k)

Espen Baardsen (Free)

Undoubtedly, it took him a while. But he didn't spend the amounts Allardyce has. Anyway, the Moyes thing is an opinion from afar, isn't it. There is more at stake with MUFC as far as i'm concerned, so i'm more jumpy.

You're a Man Utd fan?! Explains it all. :razz:

stupid fat fingers! :(

Guest LucaAltieri

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

WUM

Explain yourself.

I would never, ever want Redknapp at my cluib, or any club I had any vestige of respect for. Ever.

Whether you like him or not... worse than Bruce? Come on now.

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

WUM

Explain yourself.

I would never, ever want Redknapp at my cluib, or any club I had any vestige of respect for. Ever.

NM  caught in a peverse maelstrom of irrationality....Not like you mate. bluerazz.gif

Guest optimistic nit

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

WUM

Explain yourself.

tbh its not a list of who are the best in his opinion, in order, but who he would like, in order. so whether he's better than bruce or worse, it makes no difference to the list if he doesn't like redknapp. "I'd have" is the key phrase in the quoted post.

Can't say I really wanted any of them but can't say I wanted Sam either. Juande Ramos was my preferred choice but I never realised just how likely he was to leave. Knowing now that we have a billionaire in charge I'd definitely have preferred Ramos, he's shown he can cut it at the top and get the best out of players. I also think Ramos would have had a better idea of how to work with the current players and bring in his own to complement them, rather than a squad overhaul which Allardyce will probably need to do.

I'm not pining for any of the others in that poll though just because Sam's having problems, I'm not sure any of them would have been able to turn these players around because as Dr Spectrum pointed out they are all more dour types of managers. I must admit Hughes is making a name for himself though, and Blackburn do play a decent passing game at least from the highlights I've seen. I think we'll need to either back or sack Allardyce next summer because he doesn't seem comfortable with the current players, nor do they seem comfortable with his system. The fact he brought in 9 players was about more than just squad building, he must have looked at our squad and wondered how they would play his football - I know many of us did. The hope was that he'd change his philosophy but I guess we have the answer to that now - he won't. If he can weather the storm he'll get the backing he wants, I only hope the faith in him isn't misguided.

There's something about redknapp that i detest so I'd vener want him either. Typical cockney t***. Goes for his twatting son as well.

He gets results, though.

Pretty true. He's clearly pretty effective at that club.

I just can't stand him.

You appear to let your prejudice affect your judgement quite frequently.

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

WUM

Explain yourself.

NM  caught in a peverse maelstrom of irrationality....Not like you mate. bluerazz.gif

Oooh, cutting. You wish.

There's something about redknapp that i detest so I'd vener want him either. Typical cockney t***. Goes for his twatting son as well.

He gets results, though.

Pretty true. He's clearly pretty effective at that club.

I just can't stand him.

You appear to let your prejudice affect your judgement quite frequently.

Really? Based on that comment, you appear to talk shit. But don't worry, i don't think anyone's noticed.

Seeing as I reckon he'd have taken the job if he was offered it - how would people have voted differently if Eriksson was on the list?

FS only wanted Allardyce iirc.

I doubt whether Sven would have come as he was in the early stages of talking the new owners (promising big tansfer budget) at Man City.

Sven is doing too well to be fairily included in this poll I have matched SA against people of similar ability.

I can't comment on Redknapp during West Ham or Redknapp during Bournemouth. But how on earth does he manage to earn the nickname of wheeler dealer when he has spent an absolute fortune in Portsmouth?

He bought Portsmouth safety in the miracle escape season. This year he has spent big in getting Muntari, Nugent and Utaka.

I can't comment on Redknapp during West Ham or Redknapp during Bournemouth. But how on earth does he manage to earn the nickname of wheeler dealer when he has spent an absolute fortune in Portsmouth?

He bought Portsmouth safety in the miracle escape season. This year he has spent big in getting Muntari, Nugent and Utaka.

Agreed. But he has taken them to the next level.

Portsmouth.

It is not too hard when you have some continuity, and you are financially backed by the owner.

I would rate Big Sam, Hughes and Moyes better than Redknapp if taking them up antoerh level is the yardstick.

Portsmouth.

It is not too hard when you have some continuity, and you are financially backed by the owner.

I would rate Big Sam, Hughes and Moyes better than Redknapp if taking them up antoerh level is the yardstick.

That is why those are the names in the poll kind sir. All those managers are pretty much as good as each other circumstances permitting.

Guest Brewcastle

By the way woulnt go near MON

what has he done at Villa??

What's Allardyce done at Newcastle..

Well we are two points of Villa who under MON for more than a season and who have spent more money are no better than us.

Sam has had about 11 games

When we look at what teams NUFC have met so far, we should have been in top 5 at the table.