Capello confirmed as new England manager

kirkwdavis2001
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If there's one manager who i think could get Lampard's international career back on track, and employ him so that he is effective, it's Mourinho. :undecided: I can't really see how that's an argument against appointing him.

Lampard doesnt merit such treatment. After 4 years of utter pish, he should be brushed aside, not made the heart and soul of the side.

Well, usually i wouldn't disagree, i'm sick of Lampard. But if it were Mourinho, it'd be a bit different i would have thought.

For me getting owt out of Lampard is the only "for" I can think of Mourinho beyond the obvious competence. There are other managers with more ticks in more boxes (Scolari!!!). Choosing Mourinho ahead of other candidates (Scolari...) because of that...well. It would be a little silly.

I'm not saying that i'd have Mourinho purely because he could rejuvinate Lampard. I was just pointing it out as an odd reason to suggest not appointing him...

I'd have Mourinho because he's a really good, successful manager.

No he isn't. Succesful, yes. But he's not really good.

How does that even make sense?

If you've won two Portuguese Championships, the UEFA Cup and Champions League in corresponding seasons - and then two Premier Leagues, two League Cups and two FA Cups... you've got to have something about you.

In five years, Mourinho has won twelve trophies.

Mourinho not really good?

He's compentent enough. But for the amount of money he spent, he still relied on Ranieri's players, and the hoof to Drogba. And they never made an impact on the champions league. Dont care what the league table said, he's nowhere near the level of the top bosses like Taggart and Wenger.

He's compentent enough. But for the amount of money he spent, he still relied on Ranieri's players, and the hoof to Drogba. And they never made an impact on the champions league. Dont care what the league table said, he's nowhere near the level of the top bosses like Taggart and Wenger.

Not sure what his budget was at Porto, when he won the UEFA Cup and Champions League two seasons on the bounce, but i doubt it'll have been over-much.

He's got Chelsea to the semis hasn't he. Apart from winning the Uefa Cup and Champions League in consecutive years with Porto of course.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

so winning it wasnt an impact with a lesser team? A semi final against liverpool which they were beaten by a goal that didnt cross the line. Thumping barcelona, steam rolling many other top class teams, wake up man

Not sure what his budget was at Porto, when he won the UEFA Cup and Champions League two seasons on the bounce, but i doubt it'll have been over-much.

Yeah, he did a good job there.

This is a bit silly anyway. Just a question of semantics over what "Really good" means. IMO, Arsene Wenger is really good. Jose Mourinho isn't.

First of all you're showing your ignorance towards him winning the CL with Porto, I also haven't seen a better drilled team since the Premiership started that compares to the team he put out before Abramovich bought Sheva. Signings won't play a part as an International manager although its hard to judge which have been his and which have been Arnesens at Chelsea.

First of all you're showing your ignorance towards him winning the CL with Porto, I also haven't seen a better drilled team since the Premiership started that compares to the team he put out before Abramovich bought Sheva. Signings won't play a part as an International manager although its hard to judge which have been his and which have been Arnesens at Chelsea.

I know signings are irrelevant. Similarly, drilling - he won't get time on the training field at international level either.

The main reason I don't want him to be England manager is that I just think, despite all the style and charisma of the man, that when push came to shove, his answer was far more basic - to lob it up to Drogba. Just like we were lobbing it up to Crouch last night. I don't like it and I don't want it.

Would Wenger make a good international coach?

I don't think he'd be as good as he is Arsenal. Not enough time on the training field. But he's someone who's philosphies on how to play the game would work well. Wouldn't see us repeatedly chucking the ball 50 yards down the pitch straight into the hands of the more accomplished opposition in the vain hope of building an attack via the top of Peter Crouch's head.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

See that fat knacker on SSN then? :lol:

I.fink.Murino.wiwl.be.the.mayn

I was walking into the kitchen pissing myself about that.  Fucking hell, they could get people with more than 2 brain cells to come on Sky from time to time.

:lol:

Wenger said in fourfourtwo that he wouldn't manage England because he thinks the manager should be an English guy.

Plus he'd have to put English players in the team.

To be fair, so would i, though i dont think jose would take the england job, he's a man of his word and he's said he wouldnt manage england so i'll take that as gospel, i just wish he was back in the premiership again.

Theres a quote from allardyce saying that he cant take the job cos his chairman, unlike his last chairmen isnt offereing the oppurtunity to do so, now i read into that, is that he still wants the job badly, now in my little world, i'd like to see Mort let him go for it then take Jose! That would be so sweet!

I'm all for foreign managers, but if they can't talk the language then whats the point? As far as I know Capello doesn't talk it - correct me if i'm wrong.

Apparently he's big mates with Ferguson. Do you think Fergie speaks Italian?