Capello confirmed as new England manager

kirkwdavis2001
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It was very hard deciding what I wanted tonight, the ginger cunt getting all the luck in the world and scraping though or him hopefully getting the sack when we go out.

We weren't ever going to win it with this useless tosser anyway!

I thought Jose ruled out managing England.. He said that only national team that he will manage is Portugal, because it would be too weird if it was his side versus Portugal, because he would be on Portugal's side.

And I think he also ruled out managing in England anyway, wanted to learn new language.. Probably heading to Italy.

I wouldn't be totally against Shearer being appointed. See if he's up to management, somewhere where he has resources. (IE, worthless him going to Hartlepool, or summat).

Probably still 60-40 against, like.

Guest LucaAltieri

Sam Allardyce or Alan Shearer! Perfect job for Shearer!

Agreed. Takes everything else out of the equation... we'll be able to see right off if he's up to a career in management without all the money issues, injury problems/transfer window craziness.

This is such a strange feeling....on the one hand i am happy that mclaren will imminently be unemployed and that many of the England "stars" will have their careers blighted by this, but on the other I am disappointed to be missing out on some good old fashioned summer tournament watching in various pubs etc.

Scolari is leaving Portugal after Euro. You have to figure Jose will get his wish this fall.

he said he wants to coach Portugal towards the end of his career

true, very true. I can't see any decent English managers that are available. Harry may take it but Jose is available, the FA should pull out all of the stops to get him. We'll end up with Steve Coppell though!

the best English manager with European and international experience is probably Roy Hodgson, who coached the Swiss to a world cup and euro championship ,and Finland just missed out this time around. He also coached Inter Milan twice, Udinese etc.

There`s not any decent English managers around though. The likes of Curbs don`t even have experience of taking a team to  a Champions league place, hell even a UEFA Cup placing

The press seems to point O'Neil as favourite. I know he did reasonably well with Celtic but he has not reach the finals of the CL or even managed a national team....it's another mistake waiting to happen I tell you. We have to go for the big names like Scolari, Capello...etc.

Mourinho would be really interesting but I doubt it's gonna happen. Imagine the war that will erupt when Mourinho calls up a slightly injured Rooney to play. Fergie would just explode!  :frantic:

Guest DarkSchneider

Shearer would be interesting. It worked for Germany, Croatia whose Bilic was appointed after the world cup and look where they are now.

Guest Ridzuan

Big Sam or Big Phil.  Anyone as long as they're BIG  :razz:   I doubt Jose would touch England with the proverbial sh*tty stick  :nope:

Would you mind Big Show taking over the team? If you have not heard him before,try searching him on google or something.

mourinho would be great i suppose - he plays the media game, but doesn't let the media affect his decisions.

big al could be interesting, but i dont think the FA have the guts to appoint someone without any experience.

as for mon - for englands sake i hope not, might as well stick with the shite you've got now...

No doubt the media will make Mourinho and Lippi their odds on favourites, seeing as they are both good, experienced and available.

The sad fact is that the standard of coaching in this country is very poor compared to our continental rivals. There isn't one English manager you could realistically say is top drawer. The country's top 4 teams are managed by foreigners, last season's fifth placed team is managed by a foreigner, the league's most improved team is managed by the ex-England manager...who is a foreigner.

And just while i'm ranting, as if the English FA weren't a farcical enough outfit already, they agree to host an American football game on the Wembley pitch 2 weeks before a crucial European Championship qualifier. Heads should roll!