Nail your colours to the mast: Sack or No Sack?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jose Mourinho was a translator, I would say from that to what he is now is quite a bit bigger of a change than a goalkeeping coach becoming a coach.

Ok, let's get rid and bring in a translator.  bluelaugh.gif

Joking aside, Mourinho is a one off although didn't Wenger start out as a school teacher or something?  I'll stick with the coaching decision being baffling while acknowledging that it could turn out well.

Jose Mourinho was a translator, I would say from that to what he is now is quite a bit bigger of a change than a goalkeeping coach becoming a coach.

Ok, let's get rid and bring in a translator.   bluelaugh.gif

Joking aside, Mourinho is a one off although didn't Wenger start out as a school teacher or something?  I'll stick with the coaching decision being baffling while acknowledging that it could turn out well.

I don't see why its baffling at all but fair enough :D

Guest interceptor

Definitely NO SACK.

Even though I was at the game yesterday and left totally demoralised, we need to stop having this reaction of sacking the manager after a few poor performances.

What we need to do instead is get rid of the PLAYERS.

Big Sam has not had enough transfer window time yet imo to truly mould and shape the team.

He needs plenty of spending power and I hope Chris Mort and Mike Ashley give him that come January 1st.

Given

Geremi

Enrique (Carr)

Beye

Rozehnal

Smith

N'Zogbia (Milner)

Butt

Emre (Barton)

Viduka

Martins

yeah I know quite of few of those playing on Sat were his players but what I mean was he was only just appointed and then immediately thrust into the summer transfer window before he'd really had a chance to see the team he inherited play and what was needed. Many of the purchases were panic buys and the new management didn't really have a handle on the purse strings to let him really buy who he wanted I reckon.

Big Sam is bringing a lot of changes to the backroom staff and that, as well as a stop-start season so far in terms of an international break every few weeks haven't really helped. Now there's no international break til February I understand, it gives them the chance to really work on what Big Sam wants them to do.

I Hope....

He replaced Lee Clark with a bloke called Adam Sadler who's now in charge of the reserves.

Worse than I thought then,  :-[ an actor.

Troisi: Kangaroo song, kangaroo song, kangaroo song, KANGAROO SONG!

Sadler: ALLLRRIIIGGGHTT!

Ok, let's get rid and bring in a translator.   bluelaugh.gif

He holds a  UEFA A Coaching Licence, hardly seems baffling...however the expectations on here of some people would no doubt have expected Mourinho to take over the reserves

Ok, let's get rid and bring in a translator.  bluelaugh.gif

He holds a  UEFA A Coaching Licence, hardly seems baffling...however the expectations on here of some people would no doubt have expected Mourinho to take over the reserves

only after he'd got the youth team to win the league

Dunno if its been posted, but the interview is also on SSN's if you have time to catch it:

Newcastle chairman Chris Mort insists the club are fully behind manager Sam Allardyce.

The Toon Army are growing restless after seeing their side slump to successive heavy home defeats, 4-1 to Portsmouth and 3-0 in Saturday against Liverpool.

Mort admits that the fans have every right to be unhappy after booing their side off the pitch following their under-par display against Liverpool.

Backing

"It is certainly not surprising the fans are not happy," Mort told Sky Sports News.

"We have had two disappointing home games on the trot the fans don't want that, the manager doesn't want that and we certainly don't want that.

"No complaints they are disappointed with the results and we are to, but we must move on."

Mort said that at the moment Newcastle were standing by Allardyce - who was appointed by the previous board, before current owner Mike Ashley took charge.

"We would like to do [stand by him]," he continued.

"We have got an experienced manager who is clearly having a tough time but he is an experienced guy and will hopefully bring the team through."

Allardyce himself is clear that a lot of building work needs to be done at St James' Park and said it will not happen overnight.

Patience

"It cant be done in a short period of time," he told Sky Sports News.

"They have been trying to do that for a number of years and it has not worked, so we are trying to do it slowly and surely and progressively and will hope we get there and sustain it, that is what I want us to do.

"We have got to do better and hopefully that will turn around in the next few weeks."

Dunno if its been posted, but the interview is also on SSN's if you have time to catch it:

Newcastle chairman Chris Mort insists the club are fully behind manager Sam Allardyce.

The Toon Army are growing restless after seeing their side slump to successive heavy home defeats, 4-1 to Portsmouth and 3-0 in Saturday against Liverpool.

Mort admits that the fans have every right to be unhappy after booing their side off the pitch following their under-par display against Liverpool.

Backing

"It is certainly not surprising the fans are not happy," Mort told Sky Sports News.

"We have had two disappointing home games on the trot the fans don't want that, the manager doesn't want that and we certainly don't want that.

"No complaints they are disappointed with the results and we are to, but we must move on."

Mort said that at the moment Newcastle were standing by Allardyce - who was appointed by the previous board, before current owner Mike Ashley took charge.

"We would like to do [stand by him]," he continued.

"We have got an experienced manager who is clearly having a tough time but he is an experienced guy and will hopefully bring the team through."

Allardyce himself is clear that a lot of building work needs to be done at St James' Park and said it will not happen overnight.

Patience

"It cant be done in a short period of time," he told Sky Sports News.

"They have been trying to do that for a number of years and it has not worked, so we are trying to do it slowly and surely and progressively and will hope we get there and sustain it, that is what I want us to do.

"We have got to do better and hopefully that will turn around in the next few weeks."

chairman backs manager....could it be the vote of confidence ?

take special note of the final sentance in the interview.

Taking N'Zogbia off left 3 central midfielders and a right-sided one. The right-sided one then played on the left. N'Zogbia was poor yesterday but I put that down to the formation as much as anything and everyone, just about, was poor in any case. When Allardyce did change things to a more conventional 4-4-2 he didn't give N'Zogbia enough of a chance to make an impact in his favoured position imo. Taking the young un off was the 'easy option' though rather than biting the bullet and replacing one of the central midfielders.

At a push he could have even taken off Viduka, put Smith up-front and simply put Milner on the right. N'Zogbia coming off was a joke.

Why is taking one of the worst performers on the pitch off a joke?

Or are you basing your judgement on previous performances? Fair enough if you are but then i'd expect you to take account of the manager's previous record in assessing him too (which you may do, i havent checked, that could sound unfair so sorry)?

That last bit was just in case anyone doesnt want to take account of the manager's previous record but also thought the decision to take Zog off was worth a boo. And because i'm a fan of logical thought.

That was based on the fact that when you're looking for a goal, how is bringing off your one natural left-winger off for a right-winger (who should have started anyway), and going with Barton on the right and Smith in the centre going to change things?

And how in the name of fuck is leaving a player on the pitch, who is doing nothing, playing shit and offering nowt going to change things??

And how in the name of f*** is leaving a player on the pitch, who is doing nothing, playing s*** and offering nowt going to change things??

Maybe we'd have been better balancing the side and putting him into a position he felt comfortable with.

And how in the name of f*** is leaving a player on the pitch, who is doing nothing, playing s*** and offering nowt going to change things??

Maybe we'd have been better balancing the side and putting him into a position he felt comfortable with.

What like a left sided midfield position? He wasnt playing in nets Mick  :lol:

I'd like to see Allardyce out and it's nothing to do with raised expectations since Ashley arrived. I've seen nothing to suggest Ashley is going to back the manager as well as the previous board, and to be honest , I don't blame him because Allardyce is not his choice. I wouldn't give him my money.

I've never seen Allardyce as the right man because I think he's a small club man, I think he's out of his depth here. The signs are there, just as they were there with previous managers. Ashley has some big decisions to make in the coming weeks because we need players and they must be better than we have now, not squad players. This will cost a lot of money, Allardyce is not his appointment but it's his money. I know what I'd do if it was my money.

I hope people get to throw this post back at me at some point in the future when FS has us challenging near the top of the league.

Good post, pretty much how I feel.

shame you disagreed with me and kicked up such a fuss when I said exactly the same thing.

Clearly, the managerial time bomb is now ticking away under Allardyce's seat...

I don’t necessarily think that’s the case, it may be a genuine show of support.

Good. Because I'm calmer now than I was when I left Newcastle last night. I'm coming round to the view that we should at least keep Allardyce until Rafa is definitely available.  :cheesy:

:lol:

Ouch, No I meant balancing the team by possibly bringing an ineffective Viduka off and bringing the unthinkable Carr on and sticking Smith up front with Geremi playing right wing.  Or bringing Milner on and leaving Geremi at rightback with Smith up front.

I'd like to see Allardyce out and it's nothing to do with raised expectations since Ashley arrived. I've seen nothing to suggest Ashley is going to back the manager as well as the previous board, and to be honest , I don't blame him because Allardyce is not his choice. I wouldn't give him my money.

I've never seen Allardyce as the right man because I think he's a small club man, I think he's out of his depth here. The signs are there, just as they were there with previous managers. Ashley has some big decisions to make in the coming weeks because we need players and they must be better than we have now, not squad players. This will cost a lot of money, Allardyce is not his appointment but it's his money. I know what I'd do if it was my money.

I hope people get to throw this post back at me at some point in the future when FS has us challenging near the top of the league.

shame you disagreed with me and kicked up such a fuss when I said exactly the same thing.

My reply was in agreement with his opinion on Allardyce at this point in time, clearly.

:lol:

Ouch, No I meant balancing the team by possibly bringing an ineffective Viduka off and bringing the unthinkable Carr on and sticking Smith up front with Geremi playing right wing.  Or bringing Milner on and leaving Geremi at rightback with Smith up front.

Carr and Milner on the right yesterday would have been preferable to whatever shambles was meant to be occupying that space.

Seeing Carr warm up at half time i said that i thought he would come on. For the completely ineffectual Geremi though....

My reply was in agreement with his opinion on Allardyce at this point in time, clearly.

Clearly not, I quoted the post perfectly correctly. 

Carr and Milner on the right yesterday would have been preferable to whatever shambles was meant to be occupying that space.

Seeing Carr warm up at half time i said that i thought he would come on. For the completely ineffectual Geremi though....

The sad thing is that not long ago I wouldn't have considered that I could actually want to see Carr ever play for us again never mind me suggesting it and somebody agreeing with me, strange times.

Clearly not, I quoted the post perfectly correctly. 

I'll try to break down my post to stop people getting confused in future, thanks for pointing it out and I hope it hasn't caused any confusion on your part.