Should we get rid of anyone in january?

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest optimistic nit

I don't see any reason to worry about Edgar, I've liked him when he's played.  I don't see why kids shouldn't get games from time to time.

hes not a top class player though, if you compare our bench with liverpool's

harper carr barton milner edgar

??? riise crouch babel mascherano

what a fucking stupid post, on so many levels. :lol:

Couldnt agree more Parky. The personnel at the moment are not good enough.

they are better that what they are performing at the moment. the personnel are better than sunderlnad,boro,derby,reading what blew it was the formation and tactics

But not better than Spurs, Everton or West Ham tbf.

i'd say equal too at least

Aye. There is also still the possibility that we will take 12 points off the teams you mentioned at home (to go with the 2 we already have  :laugh: :blush:)

we were only looking for 4 from the away games, thats half the problem

Win your homes and draw aways = 76 points.

don't forget we only want draws at home to the top 4 ;)

Hmmm.. wonder how much we would get for Ameobi, the 200 Newcastle game veteran... 3-4m? Or maybe West Ham will buy him for 8m if we are lucky.

Would actually pay money to see this team:

Bellamy - Ameobi

Dyer* - Bowyer - Parker - Solano

*ML? Yes, like we all know and remember Dyer doesn't mind playing out of position as long as it benefits the team.

Guest Ridzuan

I think Babayaro and Ameobi will be on top of the list to go but I think the more important thing is that we should get new players one that is very quick,I think that is what we are missing right now and of course a new striker,doesnt have to be world class but Im sure there will be many that is better than Ameobi.

Should we get rid of anyone in January.

Several different answers really...

..There are a few players I'd love to get rid of but will or can we replace them properly? comes down to whether they are actually doing the club any harm.

If they are making trouble amoungst the squad than yes.

But id rather we kept them until the summer if there is going to be little problem keeping them until then. The squad isnt big enough at the minute.

Come the summer its a different matter, Carr, Babayaro, Ameobi, Ramage, Pattison will all be out the door without much doubt.

Guest The Libertine

nobody said owen. surprising, considering the majority want his head. or at least wanted, its hard to keep track of all the knee-jerking towards him.

to bin, the usual suspects out who should have been out in the summer at the very latest (ameobi, carr, babayaro)

nobody said owen. surprising, considering the majority want his head. or at least wanted, its hard to keep track of all the knee-jerking towards him.

There are only 2 clubs in the world he could pass a medical at, us and the club who sold him to us.

Owen (But nobody would buy him)

Carr (For being fat)

Baba Stabba (For being a leech)

Geremi (Offers Nothing, and doesn't look arsed)

Zoggy (Not nearly good enough to warrant a starting place)

Milner (See above)

Emre (Too lightweight)

Smith (Total waste of money as many thought)

Defense wise I'm happy enough, I think the midfield is the only problem we have and as a result other teams are bypassing the midfield and putting unecesarry pressure on the back line.

I'd like to see how chelsea's back line would cope with our midfield in front of them, probably ship as many goals.

I think Sam's been clutching at straws with the lads in midfield and just has tried every combination possible with no positive outcome! It must be dawning on him now that they simply do not have the ability.

So give Sam time people he's still got my backing and with the right signings in midfield in January we could be smiling come the end of the season.

Guest The Libertine

There are only 2 clubs in the world he could pass a medical at, us and the club who sold him to us.

this thread is purely fictional though. most of the players mentioned will never be bought by anyone ever again.

Carr (For being fat)

Milner (See above)

Emre (Too lightweight)

Defense wise I'm happy enough, I think the midfield is the only problem we have and as a result other teams are bypassing the midfield and putting unecesarry pressure on the back line.

I'd like to see how chelsea's back line would cope with our midfield in front of them, probably ship as many goals.

I think Sam's been clutching at straws with the lads in midfield and just has tried every combination possible with no positive outcome! It must be dawning on him now that they simply do not have the ability.

So give Sam time people he's still got my backing and with the right signings in midfield in January we could be smiling come the end of the season.

8 Players out in January (without even mentioning some of them you have chosen) :lol:

This isn't fucking champ man for christ sake :lol:

Carr (For being fat)

Milner (See above)

Emre (Too lightweight)

8 Players out in January (without even mentioning some of them you have chosen) :lol:

This isn't f****** champ man for christ sake :lol:

I suppose I should have mentioned any of the above as you couldn't get rid of them all in the jan window

It's more of a shortlist of ones that should be up for the chop

our squad is so small especially with the amount of injuries we get

should we get rid of anyone in january?

with a bench including carr and edgar i would be worried if we lost more players

in january we must buy more than we sell if big sam decides to get rid of the shite

Including many of the players HE bought?

Rumours MON might try to get you to sell Milner in January.

Any chance of this happening?

He is the saviour of the club apparently.

Who, the 1940s haircutted Boys Own magazine right winger, or the Woody Allen of Derry?