Peter Crouch

Kev

Guest Reservoir Mags

I will go for Berbatove very agile striker and his love for toon gives us total commitment.

Shola's a geordie and Toon fan.

He doesn't exactly look like he gives 100% every time hes on the pitch

That's not fair on Shola.  He ALWAYS gives 100%.  Trouble is 100% of shite is still shite!

Crouch is a very handy, intelligent player, and I hope we don't sell him. He and Torres play very well together.

Reverse psychology?

Not at all. I rate him more highly that Kuyt--Crouchy has a bit of class about him, even if he has the elegance of a drunken giraffe.

It really helps who he has playing around him and they movement they make off the ball.

He would have those same types of player here and sadly would be very exposed

I think he plays well with Owen, not that you're having Crouch, like.

That's lucky, because he's still s***. Plus, the Crouch-Torres partnership is the same as the Kuyt-Torres or the Babel-Torres partnership - Fernando makes anyone look twice the player they are. I mean, he makes Steven Gerrard look like a "brilliant" footballer for Liverpool, when anyone who's seen Ingerlund play knows that he's not that great...

Because all the other England players shone so brightly  under McClaren?

I thought Scott Carson came away with a glowing reputation

If we are going to pay 8m+ for a striker, i say we get Berbatov

why would he leave spurs (in the uefa cup) for newcastle who arnt in europe?

if he leaves he will join a champs league side

If we are going to pay 8m+ for a striker, i say we get Berbatov

Reckon we need a RM more, why don't we get C. Ronaldo for £10m?

If we are prepared to splash out 8m on a striker of Crouchs ability, i say we put more money in to get Berbatov.

Thats my point. Sorry if some thaught i was implying that we could get Berbatov for 8m  :lol:

• 2 months later...

SSN's saying he's on a free at the end of the season.

I guess they mean he can buy out his own contract if he wants too same as Dunne.

The way Liverpool have treat him i'd say there's a good chance Crouch leaves for a couple of million max.

We should be making out interest known imo.

Guest Erich von Manstein

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7120859.stm

Manchester City could target Peter Crouch after Blues chairman Thaksin Shinawatra revealed manager Sven-Goran Eriksson was a fan of the striker.

Eriksson, who worked with the Liverpool star during his reign as England boss, is keen to sign a forward during the January transfer window.

"Sven is looking for one striker and one or two midfielders," said Thaksin.

"Sven does like Peter Crouch, very much. But he has yet to decide (if he will make an offer)."

i think we should be challenging city or any other club in january to try and buy crouch from liverpool

always thought he was a top class player

No more top four cast-off players please.

Manchester City could target Peter Crouch after Blues chairman Thaksin Shinawatra revealed manager Sven-Goran Eriksson was a fan of the striker.

Eriksson, who worked with the Liverpool star during his reign as England boss, is keen to sign a forward during the January transfer window.

"Sven does like Peter Crouch, very much. But he has yet to decide (if he will make an offer)."

i think we should be challenging city or any other club in january to try and buy crouch from liverpool

Lassana Diarra, Sol Campbell, David Bentley, David James

Yeah all fucking shit like.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Since when where they at our club like? Stupid cunt.

Scott Parker

Damien Duff

Alan Smith

Nicky Butt

Geremi

Babayaro

All who have came in and done effectively SFA for us.

Guest Erich von Manstein

What would you prefer?  Mid table cast-off players?

Maybe a dip in the lower leagues? Everton did well with the likes of Cahill, Lescott and Jagielka.

Top four players aren't the only options available, you know.

I started a thread a few month ago saying City were after Crouch with Steven Ireland going the other way.

(can't find it though) The reason it didn't happen in the last transfer window was the injury to Voronin as it was (i was told it was) agreed in principle between the Clubs.

Lassana Diarra, Sol Campbell , David Bentley, David James

Dreadful since about November

well done you listed 4 players who have made it, maybe 3 diarra as he's not had enough games to judge either way, and your pushing it with James whos hardly a top4 cast off, played for liverpool yes, . i could give you 20 that have failed big time.

Guest MagicNumber9

I never used to want crouch here when mentioned in past, but when he gets a game for Liverpool he scores, and we need a goalscorer, instead of blowing 6mill on smith if rather have put it towards Crouch.. if we can get a sniff near 6mill back for him we should sell and if Liverpool will let him go at. reasonable price we should take him

• 2 months later...
Guest johnson293

From Todays 'People'....

1 June 2008

HOTLINE - Toon to stun Pompey with Crouch bid

EXCLUSIVE BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

By Martin Hardy

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan wants to hijack Portsmouth's bid for Peter Crouch with an £8million deal.

Crouch is ready to quit Liverpool after becoming a bit-part player under Rafa Benitez.

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp is a big admirer and moves have already been made to take the player to Fratton Park.

Redknapp will pair Crouch, 27, with Jermain Defoe and give him all the starts he wants - a sticking point for the player at Liverpool.

Crouch, on England duty in Trinidad and Tobago, said: ''I played nowhere near enough games last year, I accept that. I think I need to play more regularly. You have to be playing football to be noticed.''

But Keegan sees the beanpole striker as the ideal target man to lead his side next season.

He wants to recruit experienced Premier League players who are on the fringe of the England side - and Crouch fits the bill perfectly.

Keegan also reckons he can persuade stars who are not playing regularly that they stand a better chance of impressing England chief Fabio Capello with first-team football at Newcastle than sitting on the bench elsewhere.

But Keegan faces a fight to get his targets through the door at St James' Park this summer. Toon football director Dennis Wise believes the Magpies should go for France hotshot Bafetimbi Gomis.

The London arm of the club's recruitment staff, led by Wise, wants young players in the hope that their value will rocket once they gain exposure in the Premier League.

Crucially, they have the backing of billionaire owner Mike Ashley.

Landing Gomis, however, will not be easy - or cheap. The St Etienne striker, 22, scored twice on his full debut for France against Ecuador and has attracted interest from both Milan clubs.

Newcastle and Manchester City are battling it out for Deportivo La Coruna's £10m-rated Argentine defender Fabricio Coloccini, whose agent will talk with both clubs this week.

Bit more media bollocks in there intimating that Ashley is backing the 'Wise' team, and not Keegan.  :rolleyes:

And, heres the Wiki page on the Argentinian defender mentioned above...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabricio_Coloccini

could live with crouchigol for that price - would be more than adequate filling the viduka role as he's pretty good on the deck in tight situations, deceptively so, and is more mobile than viduka as well

wouldn't be the worst signing we ever made that one

and isn't coloccini a bit of a fanny? 

probably just his '80's mop top hairdo influencing me but he always struck me as an anti-argentine defender, i.e. a bit of a fairy and not the usual hardman type they produce who can mark someone out of a game

stand to be corrected on that one mind

probably just his '80's mop top hairdo influencing me but he always struck me as an anti-argentine defender, i.e. a bit of a fairy and not the usual hardman type they produce who can mark someone out of a game

he's as hard as they come

he's as hard as they come

i'll resist the urge to hit you with an innuendo laden retort..!!!

fair enough, is he any good though?

Guest NUFC4

bring crouchy in for 8mill, that's not a bad bit of business.  we need a big target up top with viduka's fitness constantly in question