Blackburn Rovers 3 - 1 Newcastle - 01/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

If people are calling that header from Martins by the six yard box an 'easy chance', then they need to re-think. The ball was bouncing over his head and Friedel was fast coming out to meet him. Wasn't a sitter by any means.

It would be better to call it a sitter, Martins can't score those apparently..

It would have been a golden chance for Peter Crouch.

'Golden Chance' is the tier just below 'sitter', btw.

bri

If people are calling that header from Martins by the six yard box an 'easy chance', then they need to re-think. The ball was bouncing over his head and Friedel was fast coming out to meet him. Wasn't a sitter by any means.

brilliantly taken goal... viduka a proven goal  scorer couldn't do the same in virtually the same position ... Martins did well today as did Smith

I'd back Martins over Smith any day of the week. Smith's a tidy player at times with some skill but he's just not worth a shirt every week. For a striker, the lack of goalscoring positions he gets into is criminal. It's far less than, for example, Shola, although Smith is a better player.

It's difficult to know where he could ever fit into a side every week in the Premiership.

Guest fishman09

i think its laughable when people say that we're not as good as blackburn, portsmouth etc etc etc.  when hughes took ova blackburn it toook ages for them to start becoming anywhere near a decent team at least 2 seasons surely?  when he first went there they were terrible, full of cloggers and gbh merchants.  its taken him awhile to get topgether a 'decent' side, which i think on another day with our 'new' patchwork team would beat.

i do not understand the mentality of thise who keep going on and bloody on about how we should be amazing after a 3rd of a season under sam and lots of new players.  yes its frustrating to witness perfermoances like the liverpool game, but christ he ain't got a magic wand has he?  he needs at least one more trandsfer window to address the shortcomings he's seen with the playing staff.  bear in mind, that this is a man who has reconstructed our backroom staff or playing staff and the faciltiies/mentality of the whole club...friggen alex ferguson would struggle in those circumstances

fish

Football's not played on paper KD, Blackburn are a better team than us, just as Portsmouth are. Lots of people overestimate our quality in comparison to other teams.

myth. we could have easily destroyed liverpool if we had showed some commitment\"!!!

definitely agree with the bold bit though. blackburn finished in the euro spots last year and portsmouth will probably do so this year.

Is that a joke?

yes, although to some people its not.

Thank Christ.

It would be better to call it a sitter, Martins can't score those apparently..

It would have been a golden chance for Peter Crouch.

'Golden Chance' is the tier just below 'sitter', btw.

at the height the ball came into the box it would have hit crouch in the bollocks

From the worst of Daglish to the worst of Keegan. Its an improvement though.

Gutted we lost this game, it was there for the taking and could have easily gone either way.

Cant believe we are still suffering at the back, but its no suprise given how it was patched together today. Rozenhal is still finding his feet in the premiership and needs to toughen, losing Faye was a big blow today.

Cant fault the effort today, but lots of work to do at the back. N'Zogbia is doing a good job at LB but he isnt a good LB, we need another LB in January if he doesnt want to play Enrique.

Possibly better keeping Roz out of the side whilst he is settling, he isnt up to the pace yet or physicality. Carr didnt actually look too bad today.

bri

brilliantly taken goal... viduka a proven goal  scorer couldn't do the same in virtually the same position ... Martins did well today as did Smith

To be fair Viduka isnt half as match fit as martins. I thought he did well today, keeping him fit is the problem, like a fair few of our players.

I've enjoyed the game more than ony other this season apart from the score.  If we'd played away like this all season we would b 8 points better off because we would have won at Derby, Reading and at the mackems.  We'll win more than lose if we can play like that every week, a bit more creativity in the middle and we'll be OK.

True....I watched the whole game...The boys did well today and deserved a draw...If we show passion, heart and effort like today then we will won more games than loose...We also need our proper defenders back, we are playing with a make shift at the back with Geremi and Zoggi...

One thing I'm still disappointed with Allardyce is that he didn't take off Butt who was mostly invisible in the 2nd half and should have brought Emre in his place. I also want to see N'Zogbia at LW and play Enrique as LB...

by the way blackburn totally deserved to win. we had more shots but they took theirs, we deserved f*** all, and luck doesn't come into it. very good performance by the sounds of it, but i saw the last goal and thats what we can't do, finish chances like that, we'd find away to cock it up.

Mate, I think you wouldn't say this if you had watched the game...We really REALLY deserved a draw...Our make shift defense is just too weak to handle teams like Blackburn...Though as I said before, Butt should have gone off in 2nd half and Emre on but Sam didn't do it...

we need to sort out a defensive midfielder who will protect the back four ... defending starts from the front, I saw alot of chasing down from the fornt, in milner, smith and martins, then there was a great big gaping hole between defence and midfileders which they managed to exploit ... He has to decide who will just sit in there and do the  basic stuff... i think that is geremi

Guest optimistic nit

by the way blackburn totally deserved to win. we had more shots but they took theirs, we deserved f*** all, and luck doesn't come into it. very good performance by the sounds of it, but i saw the last goal and thats what we can't do, finish chances like that, we'd find away to cock it up.

Mate, I think you wouldn't say this if you had watched the game...We really REALLY deserved a draw...Our make shift defense is just too weak to handle teams like Blackburn...Though as I said before, Butt should have gone off in 2nd half and Emre on but Sam didn't do it...

no, its a team game and no matter how well we played we didn't have enough shots on target (8 from 20 is nowhere near enough in my opinion, 12 out of 20 miniumum) and we didn't score enough goals. it was an improvement, and we're going in the right direction, but we're going to continue almost winning games until these problems are sorted. we played wigan off teh park at SJP but only won 1-0, to a goal in the 90th minute.

I'm glad Arsenal is this Wednesday and not a full week.  What the lads need is to get right back out there, not a week to mope around and wonder what went wrong. 

i'd much rather brum was before arsenal

I'm not sure.  We have to play them some time, and I'd rather it was when they were feeling angry and hard done by than after a win.

We've not once this season played Milner right, N'Zogbia left, Enrique LB, apart from about half an hour against Everton before they switched over for some bizarre reason. I can't get my head round that because it's such a simple thing to do. Swapping Enrique and Charlie round every game is doing nobody any favours. How he expects them to switch their form on and off like a tap in different positions is anyone's guess.

Spot on...

I am happy about the performance today and the left hand side of the picth was constant menace thanks to N'zogbia and Milner we should play with them all the time over there. In Januray we need center halfs and world class right winger like Qursema and we will be there at the end of the second half of the season.

Sometimes I wish I didnt support newcastle. Not because of the team or the piss poor performances or the mis management. more the stream of constant idiots who wait for us to fall so they can whinge and call for the heads of managers.

my feelings exactly, watching the match in the pub today, there was a group of 50 year olds standing behind me, at 2-1 giving it 'pack your bags sam' etc . when they were moving up field for the last one, one of them's going 'goal, goal, goal', i turned round and said 'are you a fucking blackburn supporter like?' he just looked at me and nodded, not a brain cell in his head, i'm not reading the rest of this because i cant be arsed with the negativity, all i'll say is they didnt deserve one never mind three, and our performance was promising regarding the formation, it seemed to be working a lot better than previously

Guest Brazilianbob

Personally I think this good performance is just  a blip and I firmly believe that with BSA at the helm this type of away performance will not be maintained.  After last week the players had no choice but to put their heart and soul into this game, and they may even carry it over into the Arsenal game, but I reckon BSA will privately be thinking that if we had defended for 90 minutes we may have got something out of the game.  You watch, the next away game it will be 10 defenders and Viduka up front, and it will be back to the usual abysmal performances.

Also, if BSA can get this sort of performance out of the players at will, why hasn't he done so in any of the previous matches?  The truth is the players were ashamed by their performance last week and tried to make up for it today, this performance had nothing to do with BSA and I have absolutely no faith in the man at all!!!

Personally I think this good performance is just  a blip and I firmly believe that with BSA at the helm this type of away performance will not be maintained.  After last week the players had no choice but to put their heart and soul into this game, and they may even carry it over into the Arsenal game, but I reckon BSA will privately be thinking that if we had defended for 90 minutes we may have got something out of the game.  You watch, the next away game it will be 10 defenders and Viduka up front, and it will be back to the usual abysmal performances.

Also, if BSA can get this sort of performance out of the players at will, why hasn't he done so in any of the previous matches?  The truth is the players were ashamed by their performance last week and tried to make up for it today, this performance had nothing to do with BSA and I have absolutely no faith in the man at all!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Aaaah so when we play well the players get the recognition but when we play boring football its down to "BSA"'s ineptitude as a manager?.. get a grip ffs