Blackburn Rovers 3 - 1 Newcastle - 01/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

one point out of a gazillion recently. the manager making up "facts" about the first 10 games, then after a season where a number of our wins were ones in which we should have lost, we go and play better, but lose.

Manager not good enough, squad not good enough, and we're going to get humped on Wednesday.

"give SA time"....."we need consistency"....."Barton will be immense for us"......"Smith, he's a good signing"......

...all wrong, and all things we'll be suffering for until we wake up to the fact that our manager is out of his depth, we need to give THE RIGHT MAN, not this one, time, and that a number of our players are not fucking good enough.

But hey ho, we'll cheer them to defeat on Wednesday night again, with fans vocal support during the game papering over the cracks of our position.

We are where we should be in the league, with this manager and a squad like this. But maybe if we give Sam more money, he'll come good. After all, he's only spent £25m so far........

one point out of a gazillion recently. the manager making up "facts" about the first 10 games, then after a season where a number of our wins were ones in which we should have lost, we go and play better, but lose.

Manager not good enough, squad not good enough, and we're going to get humped on Wednesday.

"give SA time"....."we need consistency"....."Barton will be immense for us"......"Smith, he's a good signing"......

...all wrong, and all things we'll be suffering for until we wake up to the fact that our manager is out of his depth, we need to give THE RIGHT MAN, not this one, time, and that a number of our players are not f****** good enough.

But hey ho, we'll cheer them to defeat on Wednesday night again, with fans vocal support during the game papering over the cracks of our position.

We are where we should be in the league, with this manager and a squad like this. But maybe if we give Sam more money, he'll come good. After all, he's only spent £25m so far........

I love your optimism.

...all wrong, and all things we'll be suffering for until we wake up to the fact that our manager is out of his depth, we need to give THE RIGHT MAN, not this one, time, and that a number of our players are not fucking good enough.

Looks like you've missed the news in the last few weeks.

Logical scheduling from MOTD:

Aston Villa v Arsenal

Wigan v Man City

Sunderland v Derby

Portsmouth v Everton

Chelsea v West Ham

Blackburn v Newcastle

Reading v Middlesbrough

Staines v Peterborough

FA Cup round-up

:idiot2:

Logical scheduling from MOTD:

Aston Villa v Arsenal

Wigan v Man City

Sunderland v Derby

Portsmouth v Everton

Chelsea v West Ham

Blackburn v Newcastle

Reading v Middlesbrough

Staines v Peterborough

FA Cup round-up

:idiot2:

It's alphabetical order, they use the Greek alphabet.

...all wrong, and all things we'll be suffering for until we wake up to the fact that our manager is out of his depth, we need to give THE RIGHT MAN, not this one, time, and that a number of our players are not f****** good enough.

Classic example of the rich turd that is posted on here at times. Could have gone either way today, we played fairly well and the attitude couldnt be faulted. Sadly, some people have their "brains" set to negative and wont look at any positives no matter how clear they are.

Even though the front two played well, when it came to where it matters, making intelligent runs and getting into goalscoring positions, they were poor and that imo cost us a point if not 3. Loads of times we got crosses in and Martins and Smith were on the edge of the box on their heels. Their link up play with back to goal was good specially in the first half but they simply didn't get into positions where they will get chances, the goal aside, of course, where everyone was prepared for the ball into the box. There was loads of examples I noticed like when Carr dug that cross out, ffs, I know he wasn't expecting it but either one of them has to run to the near post there and then there's a goal waiting for them, the defender was stood still basically. Obviously Martins and Smith are still getting to know each other so things like this will happen when they think the other will go and vice versa but it's still frustrating to watch. It was one of those games today where you really see the value of Owen, making the little runs and nicking one in the near post. For all the good work Smith and Martins put in they will never have that instinct because their games are built around different things.

Overall though it was like a different team was playing, much more fight n that. We closed them down high up the pitch and they couldn't do anything for long parts of the game, we put lots of pressure on them and it was just that sharpness and movement up front we were lacking as I mentioned that stopped us from getting something imo. The only worrying thing for me is as I saw written on here before that the game today was a perfect bounce back with a good performance game. Huge support that put the home lot to shame, an opposition that play the similar sort of game (getting into the oppositions face and ruffing them up way rather than getting it down and playing sort of way) and the absoloute mare last week which gave the players that extra point to prove and show the fans what they can do. It will be very interesting to see if the boys can transfer this over to the next few games or whether that was just a reaction from the humiliating game last week against Liverpool and the Pompey game.

It was better but i'm still uneasy about it all, the next few weeks are crucial, we need a similar performance against Arsenal even if we do get done, because we then have two winnable games iirc and we the worst thing we need is to go into those games low on confidence and playing like a team of strangers again.               

How the fuck have they neglected to show the Emerton handball? Fucking joke.

I saw it on Sky earlier and while it was a definite handball, Mr Atkinson would've needed x-ray vision to see it.

The handball by Geremi wasn't a pen for my money, the ball was blasted at him from less than a metre away.

How the fuck have they neglected to show the Emerton handball? Fucking joke.

I saw it on Sky earlier and while it was a definite handball, Mr Atkinson would've needed x-ray vision to see it.

The handball by Geremi wasn't a pen for my money, the ball was blasted at him from less than a metre away.

Still should have been shown. Highlights my arse.

Oh there you go.

After a good day down to Ewood only marred by the result, a porsche rammed into  the 306 bus I was on coming home.

We could of won it as someone said above. Shay is dodgy on the long ranger shots, I once got shot down on here for saying that BUT HE FOOKING IS!!!!! As for Faye going off that was shocking I thought we had new all spanking medical crew, I remember many years ago George Graham said any player that needs to wear cycling type shorts under there shorts are unfit, tbf that was one of Carrs better games. Smith played well, Oba had them worried. Oba & Zog have knack of shooting into the oppositions legs. Oh well bring on the gunners.

Guest Toon Barmy

Steven Carr was to blame for their second goal.

Having got across to cover for Beye not being there for the first challenge, he narrowly missed the second challenge.  Ho does that make it his fault?

A soft header into danger, should not be on the pitch, let alone on the bench, we are going backwards if this is the caliber of defender we are relying on.

Carr had a good game today.

The defending after his header was to blame for the goal.

His rubbish header was the start of it. He was unopposed and fucked it up.

Not excusing the rest, but he was as culpable as anyone.

Well a bit disappointed with the score line today but not with the team effort though, we played well today and deserved at least a draw, a shame Faye went off injured he was looking his usual dominating self . I have to say Geremi was our weakest link today and Zoggy also, Geremi was far to slow and Zoggy was just f****** useless loosing the ball constantly passing was s***, time to drop both of them especially Geremi, Barton put in a good game, Smith for all his work and effort he doesn't come up with much end product it's obvious he's much better playing up front. I noticed when Viduka came on and the ball was being played at his feet he looked dangerous I just wish Sam would get rid of this long ball tactics it clearly doesn't work with our team. All in all it was a good game from the lads except the defence.