Blackburn Rovers 3 - 1 Newcastle - 01/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

Good half that. They'll get a rollocking though, still a few little errors in defense - just silly little things like getting caught in possession - namely Butt and Rozehnal, and Shay's kicking has been frighteningly bad.

We've got a good balnace though and we're moving for each other. Martins and Smith are working well, and i'm quite pleased with Geremi's assistance in the final third aswell. He needs to release the ball quicker, though. It's a bit difficult to tell how we're playing; it looks like 4-4-2 when we're on the ball and 4-5-1 when we don't have it (Geremi pushing out to the right to assist Carr).

We're doing well though. Promising. Great chance for Smith, absolutely sublime little pass by Martins.

Oh and, what an absolute peach of a ball that was by Barton through to Martins. Oba's looking alright, can't seem to decide what to do when he has the ball, but he's had some good little touches.

This is promising. Really need to keep it tight after half-time.

Think we've played pretty well first half. Nothing special, and we've obviously had a couple of blips defensively, but not too bad, miles better than the last few weeks have been.

Our end product is not good though, too often when we get into the box, we don't have one player who really looks deadly. Smith (overhead kick) and Butt (long ranger) both had lots of time and space to get it right, to score or open Blackburn up respectively and both rushed it. I know Smith was offside but he didn't know that.

All these calls for Emre befuddle me. Emre will only come on play some long balls out of play, fall over and roll around like he has ruptured his achilles, kick a couple of corner kicks onto the head of the first Blackburn player, committ as many fouls as he can and then ultimately run out of steam after 10 mins.

Forget about it.

Shay Given cocked up a second time then.

James would you please f*** off.

I'm just stating facts. Given made two bad mistakes when we were passing the ball around that could have cost us.

You're clearly not at the game, not watching or have some sort of prejudice against Given. He hasn't put a foot wrong today.

Think we've played pretty well first half. Nothing special, and we've obviously had a couple of blips defensively, but not too bad, miles better than the last few weeks have been.

Our end product is not good though, too often when we get into the box, we don't have one player who really looks deadly. Smith (overhead kick) and Butt (long ranger) both had lots of time and space to get it right, to score or open Blackburn up respectively and both rushed it. I know Smith was offside but he didn't know that.

Bit harsh, that. If the Smith chance had come off, it would've been goal of the month. Good improvisation.

I'm just stating facts. Given made two bad mistakes when we were passing the ball around that could have cost us.

You're clearly not at the game, not watching or have some sort of prejudice against Given. He hasn't put a foot wrong today.

He's been ropey to say the least. Kicking is atrocious.

Guest Harry-Norway

Get Emre in,he is a creative midfielder,and he will have more space in this game then for a long time.

Good game Toon-keep a clean sheet please,its more then a year since lasttime

So he didn't kick the ball straight in to Roque Santa Cruz

And he didn't give Bentley the opportunity to shoot from 50 yards.

Bit harsh, that. If the Smith chance had come off, it would've been goal of the month. Good improvisation.

Smith's having a good game - but he really should have just let the ball come down there.

Well aye, ditto Butt, but I'd rather score than take a chance on winning goal of the month. Thought Smith had time to take a touch and finish it quite easily, flag allowing obviously.

... a truthful point then completely shattered. The Bentley thing was hardly his fault.

that second one was all rozenhal

Smith's having a good game - but he really should have just let the ball come down there.

Dunno. Can't remember if Friedel was coming for it. He probably didn't know how much time he had.

Guest Deep456

Second wasn't his fault and I doubt someone will score from 50yards.

I don't know why Given came tbh. Carr and Beye appeared to have it covered. Shouldn't have been giving it to Rozehnal under pressure imo.

Rozehnal clearly didn't know about the pressure, crazy lack of talking.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

It's amusing that people are criticising zoggy for being anonymous, he's playing left back for f***'s sake.

Yeah I don't so much mind anonymous defenders tbh.  You'd rather have one with the presence of Titus Bramble?