Blackburn Rovers 3 - 1 Newcastle - 01/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

I don't know why Given came tbh. Carr and Beye appeared to have it covered. Shouldn't have been giving it to Rozehnal under pressure imo.

Rozehnal clearly didn't know about the pressure, crazy lack of talking.

Even worse pass, if that's the case.

It's amusing that people are criticising zoggy for being anonymous, he's playing left back for f***'s sake.

I know! I've been quite happy not to hear his name at all actually. A nice solid quiet defensive performance would make me happy.

That was much better, picking out individual players for criticism in the first half is a bit harsh as we've played well as a team.  N'Zogbia has done nothing wrong so I find it hard to understand how he could be one of the worst players, anyway, we've played well as a team.

I must admit that I expected a very unbalanced game but it hasn’t gone that way so far, we’ve played down both sides.

That was much better, picking out individual players for criticism in the first half is a bit harsh as we've played well as a team.  N'Zogbia has done nothing wrong so I find it hard to understand how he could be one of the worst players, anyway, we've played well as a team.

I must admit that I expected a very unbalanced game but it hasn’t gone that way so far, we’ve played down both sides.

Well said, Mick.

I don't know why Given came tbh. Carr and Beye appeared to have it covered. Shouldn't have been giving it to Rozehnal under pressure imo.

Rozehnal clearly didn't know about the pressure, crazy lack of talking.

Even worse pass, if that's the case.

Not the best pass in the world no, but easily dealt with if there was a basic level of communication going on.

Think we've played pretty well first half. Nothing special, and we've obviously had a couple of blips defensively, but not too bad, miles better than the last few weeks have been.

Our end product is not good though, too often when we get into the box, we don't have one player who really looks deadly. Smith (overhead kick) and Butt (long ranger) both had lots of time and space to get it right, to score or open Blackburn up respectively and both rushed it. I know Smith was offside but he didn't know that.

Bit harsh, that. If the Smith chance had come off, it would've been goal of the month. Good improvisation.

As opposed to chesting it, bringing it down, and easily placing it past the keeper? He had no-one around him. He just snatched at it, he had a LOT more time and space than he thought he had.

It's alright though. Martins is playing superb and the two forwards are linking up surprisingly well.

Wish Zog was playing in midfield! WTF is up with that? Did we just sign Enrique for home games?

Shay Given cocked up a second time then.

James would you please f*** off.

I'm just stating facts. Given made two bad mistakes when we were passing the ball around that could have cost us.

You're clearly not at the game, not watching or have some sort of prejudice against Given. He hasn't put a foot wrong today.

So he didn't kick the ball straight in to Roque Santa Cruz

And he didn't give Bentley the opportunity to shoot from 50 yards.

Hitting Santa Cruz was a fluke that you can't blame him for.

He dealt with the run-up to the Bentley incident faultlessly, passed to Roz, who then made a  needless mistake.

It's no wonder that the players think that the fans are irrationally critical if that is how Given is going to be judged.