Boro in £10m bid for Ronaldinho...yes THE Ronaldinho!!!!!

Guest johnson293

Guest johnson293

Sorry if this has already been posted, but it is canny funny!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2941112,00.html

Boro in shock Ronaldinho link

Reported bid from Teesside

Middlesbrough are reported to have lodged a bid for Barcelona superstar Ronaldinho.

Reports in Catalunya, including their leading daily Sport, claim that despite all the rumours surrounding Ronaldinho and his future, Boro are the only firm bidders so far.

Milan and Chelsea are known admirers and look set to go head-to-head to land the 27-year-old - if and when he is made available by Barca, who continually insist that he is staying at Camp Nou.

Ambitious

Now lowly Boro - who have a firm liking for Brazilians having signed eight over the past decade - have seemingly made what appears to be a cheeky bid for Ronaldinho as reports state their offer is as low as 15million euros (£10million).

Boro, whose support has continued to dwindle this term, would love to have a repeat of the Juninho era, which although was destined to failure, saw sell-outs at The Riverside on a weekly basis - interest which the club has not been able to rekindle.

However, even though Boro's bid has been acknowledged - it seems doomed to failure as even if Barca accepted, Ronaldinho is highly unlikely to sacrifice his Barcelona career for a team which now has only memories of European football rather than ambitions of it.

:crazy2: :frantic:

The chemical levels are obviously reaching dangerous levels down there!!!!!  ;D

Whats going on with him? Why are Barca supposed to be willing to sell, and he is supposedly wanting to leave?

This is not the first time he's been linked away, i though he was playing for them and more importantly scoring for them as well??

If they are willing to sell, we should go for it. Ashley can afford to take that kind hit in the pocket, i doubt Boro can with their 15k average attendance paying his wages.

Whats going on with him? Why are Barca supposed to be willing to sell, and he is supposedly wanting to leave?

This is not the first time he's been linked away, i though he was playing for them and more importantly scoring for them as well??

If they are willing to sell, we should go for it. Ashley can afford to take that kind hit in the pocket, i doubt Boro can with their 15k average attendance paying his wages.

Dont think he turned up for the two games prior to the weekend. Has just been acting like a dick tbh. Edmilson said something about him not training hard and he took offence, cant remember the whole story.

Dont think he turned up for the two games prior to the weekend. Has just been acting like a dick tbh. Edmilson said something about him not training hard and he took offence, cant remember the whole story.

"In our group of 23-25 players and coaches we are like a family and on many occasions the family has a black sheep."

"The world in which footballers live is different because money, success, fame, women and getting things easily means they lose the true values in life.

"Sometimes our job takes second place and players say 'I've got a meeting or an advertising commitment so I'm going to train quickly."

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/european/article3191555.ece

"In our group of 23-25 players and coaches we are like a family and on many occasions the family has a black sheep."

"The world in which footballers live is different because money, success, fame, women and getting things easily means they lose the true values in life.

"Sometimes our job takes second place and players say 'I've got a meeting or an advertising commitment so I'm going to train quickly."

Thats the one, don't think he turned up to the next game after that was said.

Thats the one, don't think he turned up to the next game after that was said.

Well if you are gonna piss on probably the worlds great football club in any kind of manner, there is only one way you are going to head. Ronaldo & Kluivert wasted the end of their careers due to problems such as this, i really hope Ronnie doesn't do that same, but this: "The world in which footballers live is different because money, success, fame, women and getting things easily means they lose the true values in life.

" really does ring bells.

They were really selling out on a regular basis with Juninho?

His first spell with Boro they did, or were very close to it.

That was before they had the corners filled in, and had a capacity of about 24k.

Middlesbrough are reported to have lodged a bid for Barcelona superstar Ronaldinho.

ronaldinho on signing for boro "ive always supported middlesborough since i was a little boy and admired the classy football they played. ive always dreamed of playing for such a fantastic club in such a wonderful place in the world with a great stadium and huge fanbase"

actually maybe its not so likely after all!

ronaldinho on signing for boro "ive always supported middlesborough since i was a little boy and admired the classy football they played. ive always dreamed of playing for such a fantastic club in such a wonderful place in the world with a great stadium and huge fanbase"

actually maybe its not so likely after all!

He used to sleep in a Robbie Mustoe football shirt though.

I think Ronaldinho's form may be a symptom of a bigger problem at Barca at the minute. When I say "problem" I mean by their and his very high standards. They're starting to remind me of the issue Real Madrid had not too long ago with their galacticos. Some people questioned the wisdom in signing Thierry Henry and it did look like the sort of signing Real Madrid would have made under Florentino Perez. Barcelona didn't really need Henry, they already had Eto'o, Messi, and Ronaldinho and two top class youngsters coming through in Giovanni and Bojan.

Ronaldinho set extremely high standards two seasons ago and I don't believe he'll ever be that good again. Messi was only beginning to make a name for himself that season and slotted straight in often alternating with Giuly, while players like Eto'o and Ronaldinho were on fire and everything clicked into place. What they have now is at least as much quality at their disposal, but not the balance and teamwork they had back then. Ronaldinho revelled in his superstar status, but now his influence in the team isn't so important and he doesn't look quite as hungry any more. To play at the level he did two years ago is something few players can ever sustain and if you lose the hunger or the fire in your belly your performances will drop. There have also been one or two issues with his weight, something he would be on top of if he had the hunger and desire of two years ago.

He is always going to be compared to that form which is perhaps a bit unfair, because even when he plays well people expect more. He isn't a machine and he will have off days, but people find that hard to accept and as such a huge name he becomes an easy target. Barcelona once looked like a team made for him, but now other players are stealing the limelight and you get the feeling he wants to be the heartbeat of the side. He's only been dropped for a couple of games and it's caused controversy, but he's become something of a victim of his incredible form. Edmilson probably has a point about the effects of fame and fortune, but Ronaldinho clearly still enjoys his football and if he wants to be the heartbeat of the team then a move might not be the worst thing for him.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but it is canny funny!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2941112,00.html

Boro in shock Ronaldinho link

Reported bid from Teesside

Reports in Catalunya, including their leading daily Sport, claim that despite all the rumours surrounding Ronaldinho and his future, Boro are the only firm bidders so far.

Milan and Chelsea are known admirers and look set to go head-to-head to land the 27-year-old - if and when he is made available by Barca, who continually insist that he is staying at Camp Nou.

Ambitious

Now lowly Boro - who have a firm liking for Brazilians having signed eight over the past decade - have seemingly made what appears to be a cheeky bid for Ronaldinho as reports state their offer is as low as 15million euros (£10million).

Boro, whose support has continued to dwindle this term, would love to have a repeat of the Juninho era, which although was destined to failure, saw sell-outs at The Riverside on a weekly basis - interest which the club has not been able to rekindle.

However, even though Boro's bid has been acknowledged - it seems doomed to failure as even if Barca accepted, Ronaldinho is highly unlikely to sacrifice his Barcelona career for a team which now has only memories of European football rather than ambitions of it.

:crazy2: :frantic:

The chemical levels are obviously reaching dangerous levels down there!!!!!  ;D

Yet WE got affronted when people (rightly) chuckled at our Rooney/Ronaldo/other lies "moves" leaked by Fat Fred to keep the fans in line.

It's total bullspit but I'm glad you can smile before Arsenal come to town and despatch the fat man.

It must be the first time in football history that anybody has used Ronaldinho as a smokescreen to land James Beattie.

and yes, it's come to that.

ps - we were right about Viduka weren't we?

It's total bullspit but I'm glad you can smile before Arsenal come to town and despatch the fat man.

It must be the first time in football history that anybody has used Ronaldinho as a smokescreen to land James Beattie.

and yes, it's come to that.

ps - we were right about Viduka weren't we?

Beattie will be a bloody waste of time and money. Tell me if I was right about that come the end of the season.