Let's keep St James' Park a cauldron of noise

Benwell Lad

I can understand people's annoyance at fans not getting behind the team but ultimately it's not the fans' fault that the team is crap.

It's the fans fault for buying a ticket to the football when they really should've got one to the Pantomime instead.

People can do whatever they want.  If buying a ticket then leaving early is what floats their boat then that's their decision.

Personally, I just think that there are other parties who are more culpable, and therefore more deserving of criticism, than the fans for the current situation.

There may be more culpable parties but as far as I know no one has EVER criticised the fans. Some London based newspapers have twisted the context of some quotations to make it sound that way and help their anti-Newcastle agendas.

Point is if the Newcastle crowd can create the kind of atmosphere for which we were once famous ( but more recently sadly only seen in Athens, Frankfurt etc) then everyone enjoys the match more, us, the players - everyone except the opposing team and manager.

It was well known that opposing managers used to instruct their teams to try and slow things down and take the heat out of the game at SJP to quieten the crowd. The crowd nowadays just make it far too easy for them.

I really really hope the atmosphere's absolutely jumping tonight.

Glad i'm in the Gallowgate.

Hope you're not scared of the dark. Know what you mean though and agree.

I know we all get frustrated, but the booing doesnt help the team one bit. Let's try and stay behind them as much as possible.

Lets get behind the lads for once!

And boo after the match if we are shit

everyone at our club needs our full 100% backing tommorow and we need to do our very best to be their 12th man.

Haway the lads  O0

The atmosphere at liverpool was weird.  You could tell before kickoff even that everyone would be impatient and not too interested.  I wonder why it was so different on saturday.  I think tomorrow should start quite good.

We were in the game and put a decent performance in sat, V Liverpool we were never in it from the 1st kick.

The atmosphere at liverpool was weird.  You could tell before kickoff even that everyone would be impatient and not too interested.  I wonder why it was so different on saturday.  I think tomorrow should start quite good.

We were in the game and put a decent performance in sat, V Liverpool we were never in it from the 1st kick.

that, and the away support is always better than home support, for any team

Early kick-off, not enough beer.

Even if we get played off the park, I'll  stay to watch Arsenal play their football. I'm not saying that thats what I want or expect, but the price you pay for a ticket nowadays means you might aswell stay and watcha football team firing on all cylinders. I'll never understand people leaving at half time, having payed so much money for a seat, what does it achieve at all, I'd rather see people staying and booing, well maybe not. But anyone going to a Newcastle match thinking its gonna be a comfortable afair has either just got a out of a coma or is in serious denial. You go along to support your team and watch some football, not to go along and watch the best team in the world (otherwise we'd all just be glory seeking Man Utd fans). So in short no its not too much to ask for St James Park to be an absolute fortress of noise tomorrow, and following saturday  (and assuming that a lot of the away fans at blackburn have tickets aswell) its what I expect. Its arsenal for fucks sake, we ain't gonna sail by them.

Early kick-off, not enough beer.

Correct. I think it's our duty to get as drunk as possible tomorrow. Do it for the team! Do it for the shirt! Do it for the club you love!

Even if we get played off the park, I'll stay to watch Arsenal play their football. I'm not saying that thats what I want or expect, but the price you pay for a ticket nowadays means you might aswell stay and watcha football team firing on all cylinders. I'll never understand people leaving at half time, having payed so much money for a seat, what does it achieve at all, I'd rather see people staying and booing, well maybe not. But anyone going to a Newcastle match thinking its gonna be a comfortable afair has either just got a out of a coma or is in serious denial. You go along to support your team and watch some football, not to go along and watch the best team in the world (otherwise we'd all just be glory seeking Man Utd fans). So in short no its not too much to ask for St James Park to be an absolute fortress of noise tomorrow, and following saturday (and assuming that a lot of the away fans at blackburn have tickets aswell) its what I expect. Its arsenal for fucks sake, we ain't gonna sail by them.

That's what I expected at the very least last season, and Arsenal were beyond shit.

No, but it even before kick off, you could just tell.  It was the same at Reading away.

Guest microbar

Yes come on lets get 100% behind our magnificent team of has beens and non tryers,

And get behind our super manager who has managed to get us 1 point out of fifteen,

And lets stand there in the face of Adversity and Boo the f****** arse off the players and the manager.  :rant:

SACK FAT SAM NOW SACK FAT SAM.

Yes come on lets get 100% behind our magnificent team of has beens and non tryers,

And get behind our super manager who has managed to get us 1 point out of fifteen,

And lets stand there in the face of Adversity and Boo the f****** arse off the players and the manager.  :rant:

SACK FAT SAM NOW SACK FAT SAM.

Either the team is shit or the manager is? Cant make up your mind? Because if as you say the players are has-beens, then they really arent good enough are they? In which case why expect miracles from the manager?

Lets start with some basic logic tests. If A is bigger than B and B is bigger than C, is A bigger or smaller than C?