Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't know how to feel about this. The horrendous cynic in me says;

"f*** off, you like so many others that donned the shirt showed your true loyalty when we needed you the most, you had no intention of staying you just played the PR game claiming you wanted to stay and would help us back up."

But then the old romantic in me says;

"Thanks for the service, the goal against Birmingham, celebrating beating the Mackem twats infront of the Gallowgate last year and just for being an all round nice guy, at 31 time is short, go and enjoy your career."

Moi Aussi.  :no:

...is it wrong to wish mike ashley was dead? :lol:

of course it is, but jesus fucking christ, this club is being dismantled day by day and it makes me sick to my stomach with anger and disgust.

of course it is, but jesus fucking christ, this club is being dismantled day by day and it makes me sick to my stomach with anger and disgust.

If there was a protest, I would join it. Not that it would achieve anything, but it'd at least make me feel a bit better.

of course it is, but jesus f***ing christ, this club is being dismantled day by day and it makes me sick to my stomach with anger and disgust.

If there was a protest, I would join it. Not that it would achieve anything, but it'd at least make me feel a bit better.

I am with ya mate... I know it won't chnage anything but I need to feel like I am doing something

Its ashame it has come to this. Gutted Habib has been forced to leave because of the shamble Ashley has created. I don't think its any coincidence that its the senior players who have been first out in telling us their worried, even if I don't rate Nolan, he's correct.

Its ashame it has come to this. Gutted Habib has been forced to leave because of the shamble Ashley has created. I don't think its any coincidence that its the senior players who have been first out in telling us their worried, even if I don't rate Nolan, he's correct.

Notice none of the gutless bastards have put in a transfer request though. FAR too much to lose if they do that. The Club needs to keep a lid on this sort of shit and ban any player from speaking to the press.

I don't blame ya Beye, good luck in the future.

Why don't you 'blame him'? I blame him for being part of a totally underperforming team that took us down without a whimper. He's as guilty as the rest. He (and others)should keep his fucking mouth shut as long as he's prepared to take his wage every week.

Notice none of the gutless bastards have put in a transfer request though. FAR too much to lose if they do that. The Club needs to keep a lid on this sort of s*** and ban any player from speaking to the press.

agree.. sad sad state we're in lads..

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Anyone else think that this 'player unrest' could all be instigated by Shearer as a way to crank up the pressure on Ashley to sell up asap? It all seems a bit too well co-ordianted to me.

Anyone else think that this 'player unrest' could all be instigated by Shearer as a way to crank up the pressure on Ashley to sell up asap? It all seems a bit too well co-ordianted to me.

No.. it's just a nice excuse for the rats to leave the sinking ship

Notice none of the gutless bastards have put in a transfer request though. FAR too much to lose if they do that. The Club needs to keep a lid on this sort of s*** and ban any player from speaking to the press.

This.

Guest Stephen927

Expected this from the moment we were relegated. He's been a breath of fresh air in the right back position when in past years we have had to watch Stephen Carr on that flank.

Can see there being plenty of decent clubs willing to take him, probably for only about £1m considering he only has a year left on his deal and we need to get him off the books. £1m for a player like Beye, a true bargain for anyone who snaps him up.

backing up crumpys point. i take it habib has put in an official transfer request. if not stamp greedy twat across all of his pics.

it seems strange for a club in our financial situation that there hasn't been a firesale, i can only assume this is because ashley doesn't want to be disposing of assets while the club is up for sale (any alteration in the situation of the assets will affect the price).

i'd also like to point out that after a very good first season he was distinctly ordinary last season as often happens to players reaching the end of their careers, however he would be perfect for the position we are in.

Guest Stephen927

Well he has come out in the press and said he wants to move, that is as good as a transfer request. If he were to ask for a loyalty bonus when we went to sell him, all the club has to do is point to the quotes from the papers, and Beye either claims they were made up and brings the papers into disrepute, or accepts that he wanted to move on and doesn't get his bonus.

Well he has come out in the press and said he wants to move, that is as good as a transfer request. If he were to ask for a loyalty bonus when we went to sell him, all the club has to do is point to the quotes from the papers, and Beye either claims they were made up and brings the papers into disrepute, or accepts that he wanted to move on and doesn't get his bonus.

pretty sure it doesn't work that way. it needs to be an official written request given to the club. (thats why given handed his in as late as possiblt before the window shut, even though he' agitated in the press for a move he still had to hand in an official one)

Why would you put a transfer request if you can get away with not doing it? Any idiot would do the same.

i honestly don't think i would if i'd made millions out of a club i claimed to love. if i thought i'd be struggling financially then fair enough but that isn't the case.