Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is extremely worrying. We seem to be selling at a fast rate now with absolutely no new signings what so ever, we really are f***ed.

We can't afford to keep them, i'd probably be more worried if everyone stayed.

:sadnod:

That's an understandable comment but the one flaw is that we also can't afford not to replace them, and there is zero sign of us looking to do that.

From a fans perspective I'd much rather we hung on to the players we can't afford than not have any players left at all, which at the current rate is looking increasingly likely.

Lost:

Owen

Viduka

Cacapa

Loven

Martins

Bassong

Beye

Brought in:

No fucker

If we don't replace them we will have a shit team, but atleast we won't go bust. Right now financial stability is huge for us.

players like Bassong and Beye are types of players that can cope with the rough side of championship football, it was sad that we could not keep them.   

Guest Wally_McFool

If we don't replace them we will have a shit team, but at least we won't go bust. Right now financial stability is huge for us.

Do you think that we will have financial stability when we have a team of basically untried kids struggling at the bottom of the league  because I dont.

I couldn't give a fuck that nearly all of those players have left but I am really pissed off that there seems to be no sign of bringing any new players in.

Its fucking ridiculous.

If we don't replace them we will have a s*** team, but at least we won't go bust. Right now financial stability is huge for us.

Do you think that we will have financial stability when we have a team of basically untried kids struggling at the bottom of the league  because I dont.

I think in the long term we'd be better off than we would with a huge wage bill in midtable.

If we don't replace them we will have a s*** team, but at least we won't go bust. Right now financial stability is huge for us.

I think in the long term we'd be better off than we would with a huge wage bill in midtable.

Wally is spot on. Mid table could well be a reach for this squad now. There is way more chance of us going bust if we slip down another league rather than maintaining a high wage for one season in the championship.

Happy he is going to villa. Dissapointing we couldnt keep hold of him at this stage of his career, but yet again we move on.

God only knows whats going to happen if we sell/loan colo and Enrique and then Taylor gets injured for any amount of time.

Kadar and Tozer or Butt and Geremi in defence?

Wally is spot on. Mid table could well be a reach for this squad now. There is way more chance of us going bust if we slip down another league rather than maintaining a high wage for one season in the championship.

I don't understand, if we have a high wage bill for one season in the championship then we ARE bust, surely. In our current state how can we survive with a wage bill that is around the same level as our turnover?

I don't understand, if we have a high wage bill for one season in the championship then we ARE bust, surely. In our current state how can we survive with a wage bill that is around the same level as our turnover?

How do you know that ? Do you have an iside track to Mike Ashley or something. We will only go "bust" if he decides he wants us too. He's bank rolling the club at the moment, Administration right now makes no sense for him financially, however should we drop to league 1 then it becomes way more attractive to him.

If we had hung on to all our players, I could pretty confidently say we had the best squad in the Championship and under even a half decent manager we would be favourites to go up. But as the squad gets thinner and thinner we are becoming more likely to struggle than we are to rise again. Financially a drop to League 1 will cripple us completely.

How do you know that ? Do you have an iside track to Mike Ashley or something. We will only go "bust" if he decides he wants us too. He's bank rolling the club at the moment, Administration right now makes no sense for him financially, however should we drop to league 1 then it becomes way more attractive to him.

If we had hung on to all our players, I could pretty confidently say we had the best squad in the Championship and under even a half decent manager we would be favourites to go up. But as the squad gets thinner and thinner we are becoming more likely to struggle than we are to rise again. Financially a drop to League 1 will cripple us completely.

No i don't, but what you've said raises more questions. The club is making losses, and Ashley is bankrolling that, yet he wants a high price for the club because he wants to get his money back? It doesn't really make sense.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10265~1747165,00.html

WEBFLASH: Beye Signs

Villa have signed defender Habib Beye on a three-year deal from Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee.

The experienced right-back becomes Martin O'Neill's third signing of the summer.

The 31-year-old Senegalese international, who can also play at centre-back, was Newcastle's Player of the Year in 2008 and also a UEFA Cup finalist with Marseille in 2004 as the French side were defeated by Valencia in the showpiece decider.

Stay tuned to www.avfc.co.uk for more reaction to our new signing.

Nothing affects me about this football club anymore. If this were last summer, I'd be sad and angry.

Now for him and Bassong, coupled with the fact that they've both been totally unprofessional throughout pre-season, I'm very meh.

Mike Ashley's Black and White army ey lads? :(