Another takeover rumour...

Guest Ridzuan

They discussed this on that Sky show with the journalists this morning and Rob Beesley said he had interviewed Ashley a few weeks ago about the speculation and Ashley was adamant that he was not interested in selling.  When the rumours emerged again, he spoke to Ashley again and Beesley said he was convinced that there was no truth in it.

I know it is all mischief-making by the papers but I hate seeing these rumours which contrast so strongly with all the effort being put in by Mort and Ashley.  Also why on earth would they go to such lengths on the PR side, if they were looking to get out quick - it would just be so unnecessary especially when the supporters were so used to being ignored by the Club by the previous regime.

there barely seems to be a day goes by without some arsewipe writing bollocks about us.

I think the job spec' for journalists must be the ability to lie, if they can't find a story they'll invent one.

two good articles there, cheers mick

as for the lies, can we start an e mail campaign? just draft up a short letter about how we know its lies and they're only embarassing themselves and we're boy-cotting their paper, etc, money usually talks, and just all send the same e mail every time this happens

Tired of reading shit about takeovers.  Ashley ain't going to sell unless its for more money than he's currently spent on the club, and the rumour is suggesting a fee which would leave Ashley at a loss if he sold.

Utter bollocks.

I dont get it, aside from this supposed 'north' 'south' divide we have, why do journos have such a vendetta against us? Am i wrong calling it a vendetta? its really unsteadying stuff to have so much negative and disruptive stuff written about us?

I dont get it, aside from this supposed 'north' 'south' divide we have, why do journos have such a vendetta against us? Am i wrong calling it a vendetta? its really unsteadying stuff to have so much negative and disruptive stuff written about us?

my feeling is that they're pretty intimidated by our potential, if ashley and mort get things right we could be an absolute juggernaut of a club

my feeling is that they're pretty intimidated by our potential, if ashley and mort get things right we could be an absolute juggernaut of a club

Why would a journo be threatened by the possibilty of nufc reaching its potential? The only thing that i can think of is that nufc in recent years has been a cash cow for the number of negative incedent and has got a lot of interest from the media about it, maybe they're trying to flog a dead horse, its kinda a soap opera up here. But that doesnt really explain they're motivation to actively disrupt us. I cant think of a single club bar Chelsea that has had so much negative stuff written about them, in fact id go as far as saying no team has had more negative press in the entire history of the prem than nufc. Is that a bit OTT?

Why would a journo be threatened by the possibilty of nufc reaching its potential?

because they each have their own teams that they support

Why would a journo be threatened by the possibilty of nufc reaching its potential? The only thing that i can think of is that nufc in recent years has been a cash cow for the number of negative incedent and has got a lot of interest from the media about it, maybe they're trying to flog a dead horse, its kinda a soap opera up here. But that doesnt really explain they're motivation to actively disrupt us. I cant think of a single club bar Chelsea that has had so much negative stuff written about them, in fact id go as far as saying no team has had more negative press in the entire history of the prem than nufc. Is that a bit OTT?

it could be that the fans at other clubs don't buy the paper just cos there is a headline related to their club or they just shrug it off where as there is always a reaction from a sizeable ammount of newcastle fans.