GRAND SUPER DUPER BOWL WORLD SERIES TASTIC SLAM SUNDAY

Guest BooBoo

Always good to see Cristiano performing in a big game again.  :thup:

Yeah, along with Gerrard, Torres, Lampard, Rooney, Fabregas

Difference being, some of these players occasionally do produce top form in big games.

Ronaldo never does.

Didn't you watch the last World Cup?

Yes I did thank you.

Pretty shabby affair wasn't it apart from Argentina, Germany and Ivory Coast all trying to play some football.

Difference being, some of these players occasionally do produce top form in big games.

Ronaldo never does.

Yes I did thank you.

Pretty shabby affair wasn't it apart from Argentina, Germany and Ivory Coast all trying to play some football.

I wasn't talking to you :)

Ronaldo never does.

No, not really.

Can't really comment then, can you.

Do you understand the difference between a big game and a big tournament?

Do you understand that big games come within a big tournament?

Yes.

I don't personally count Iran, Mexico and Angola as massive tests though, which was who Portugal played in the group stages.

Don't recall Ronaldo playing great against England or Holland, two games I did actually see and would classify as big games.

Which is my point, not sure what yours is.

No it wasn't.  I thought Mort asked you to post that on his behalf.

As for Ronaldo never producing in the big games - Man Utd 7 - 1 Roma

Yeah, he's great when everything is going swimmingly for the team.

Ronaldo never does.

No, not really.

Yes.

I don't personally count Iran, Mexico and Angola as massive tests though, which was who Portugal played in the group stages.

Don't recall Ronaldo playing great against England or Holland, two games I did actually see and would classify as big games.

Really? He can't really play well when he's not playing can he? He did play very good against England and France in the Semi-Final, did you not bother watching Euro 2004 either? The one Portugal got to the final in, the one where Ronaldo was one of the top scorers in the tournament including one in the Semi-Final. That said, it was only a big tournament, wasn't it?

As for Fabregas being a whiny, moany little prick...

Arsenal as a team whinge about everything, remember Adebayor against us? An innocous clash with Taylor early on, Taylor walking back by gave him a blatant "Sorry about that mate" look. Rather than just get on about it Adebayor cried for about a full minute to anyone who would listen. Toure is another, pisses and moans about everything.

Great team, immensely talented, but an awful bunch of dickheads by and large. A good reflection of their manager tbh.

I still remember that foul by Barton where Toure ran 30 yards up the pitch to scream at the referee. Quality that :lol:

He is usually the main reason things go "swimmingly for the team"

Ronaldo never does.

No, not really.

Yes.

Really? He can't really play well when he's not playing can he? He did play very good against England and France in the Semi-Final, did you not bother watching Euro 2004 either? The one Portugal got to the final in, the one where Ronaldo was one of the top scorers in the tournament including one in the Semi-Final. That said, it was only a big tournament, wasn't it?

I actually missed the entire Euro Championships in 2004 as it happens, was away for the summer.

I'm not sure you've quite grasped the concept of a big game yet either. My point is that Ronaldo is, for the overwhelming majority of big games he plays in, not in the least bit outstanding for a player of his abilities.

He is usually the main reason things go "swimmingly for the team"

Suppose we'll agree to disagree there.

I'm more of the opinion that he's a player that, when the team is doing well, he's a devestating weapon to have, one of the best in the world. But he doesn't dictate a game, it's just not his game.

The reason he generally doesn't perform in big games is a direct result of this, as the team isn't sufficiently on top to give him the platform to do his thing.

Ronaldo never does.

No, not really.

Yes.

I actually missed the entire Euro Championships in 2004 as it happens, was away for the summer.

I'm not sure you've quite grasped the concept of a big game yet either. My point is that Ronaldo is, for the overwhelming majority of big games he plays in, not in the least bit outstanding for a player of his abilities.

...and you'd be 100% right. :thup:

Ronaldo never does.

No, not really.

Yes.

...and you'd be 100% right. :thup:

I learned from the best.  :smitten:

His step-overs pissed me off today. Just fucking run to the byline and deliver in a hard-hit cross ffs. Fancying about, giving the defenders time to adjust and mark his teammates and then giving even more time for their midfielders to come back and then rob the ball off of him. What a tit.

Good cross for the Rooney miss though ;)

Ronaldo never does.

No, not really.

Yes.

Are World Cup/Euro quarter finals and semi-finals not big games? I think so. I can see where you're coming from, you don't always see what Ronaldo is capable of in games which you would consider as the ones which the top players step up to the plate, however, in games such as between the top 4 teams (sorry Spec), it doesn't allow the more attacking players to show their capabilities, how many attacking games do you see between these teams where attacking players are giving the space to hurt players? Not very many. In these type of games it's generally very congested and neither team want to give anything away which encourages more defensive type of games.

His step-overs pissed me off today. Just f****** run to the byline and deliver in a hard-hit cross ffs. Fancying about, giving the defenders time to adjust and mark his teammates and then giving even more time for their midfielders to come back and then rob the ball off of him. What a tit.

Sound's like a rich man's Milner to me...  :frantic:

Tbf, his position and style of play means it's very unlikely that he'll take the game by the scruff of the neck and dominate it. He's the type of player to drift in and out of the game. Your best bet is hoping he comes through and does something magical which no one else could do, though that's something which he's done a bit but not nearly enough in the so-called 'big' games.

Tbf, his position and style of play means it's very unlikely that he'll take the game by the scruff of the neck and dominate it. He's the type of player to drift in and out of the game. Your best bet is hoping he comes through and does something magical which no one else could do except in, something which he's done a bit but not nearly enough in the so-called 'big' games.

Sums it up well tbh.

Still only young though so I'd expect he'll get better at producing against better players as time goes on.