Geremi

Kev

I'm not a Butt fan, that sounds horrible.

I think we should look to get rid of him in the summer as he's very limited and getting on for a footballer.  He's too one dimensional and his passing at times is shocking, it's not just that we lose possession it's also where we lose it and the outcome.  I'd like to see him replaced and shipped out, we should look for somebody young as back-up to his replacement, a younger player who can develop and come in as cover.

I think we should look to get rid of him in the summer as he's very limited and getting on for a footballer.  He's too one dimensional and his passing at times is shocking, it's not just that we lose possession it's also where we lose it and the outcome.  I'd like to see him replaced and shipped out, we should look for somebody young as back-up to his replacement, a younger player who can develop and come in as cover.

Wouldn't mind someone like Lassana Diarra, he seems to want out at Arsenal...but he'd probably expect to start most games....

Guest nufcandy

Wouldn't mind someone like Lassana Diarra, he seems to want out at Arsenal...but he'd probably expect to start most games....

id like denilson or song from arsenal like but am not sure we'd get them ;)

to be honest i think diarras not hard enough, im not saying nicky butt is a hard nut but hes got abit bite in him. and i think in that position you need fight and grit to put in a good shift

Where'd you hear that? He's only just gone there.

Where'd you hear that? He's only just gone there.

It was SSN, he has blabbed to the French press.  Diarra would be canny if some of the other midfielders even though not DM were at least tall, so I would pass this chap by.

Diaby would be my preferred choice of DM/CM from the Arsenal fringe players.

Decent squad players Butt and Geremi. But we should be looking for better.

Geremi can fill in at RB, RW, CM so i'd preffer it if he stuck around.

Butt we should be looking to replace. I'd like to see Barton and Emre given a run in the CM slots for the time being. Maybe Roze too. I'd certainly be on the lookout for a Top Class striker and a CM ASAP if i were Sam.

I remember the days when everyone was trying to oust Gary Speed from our side. Same situation now I reckon, with Geremi playing the water carrier role and others not noticing his contribution when he is playing for us.

Our bad run coincided with Geremi not playing central midfield.

Also, look at the Telegraph match reports. There is a Flash programme at the bottom that has several pro-zone style statistics. Look at Geremi's individual statistics, and compare them to others, in particular, Butt. You'll find that he receives the most passes from our defenders, and he has a better pass completion rate than all our other midfielders, and makes more successful passes, and generally wins the ball more often than other midfielders.

What does this actually mean in match terms? Well, he helps the defence play it short, and he is good at quickly getting the ball to our more dangerous players. In moves leading up to goals we have scored, he has been involved more often than any other player, and this demonstrates that some of our best attacking moves have gone through him.

He was shit against Fulham though - I thought our midfield found it very difficult playing against a five man midfield when there was a big gaping hole on our right hand side.

I also dont think we need Butt, Geremi and Barton if playing three central midfielders. Judging on what I've seen on the pitch complemented with the statistics, Butt needs ousting and replacing in January. I feel we can also get better with Geremi in the team if we ever get around to playing an effective right winger.

Guest Knightrider

Geremi has a knack of ghosting into key areas to cut out opposition runners in our defensive zone which does go unnoticed. He is forever blocking runs, attempted passes and being there for a Toon shirt to pass to or use as a gateway and invariably when he's on the ball he finds his man. Although over distance his passing like much of the team's is frankly rubbish.

Also, look at the Telegraph match reports. There is a Flash programme at the bottom that has several pro-zone style statistics. Look at Geremi's individual statistics, and compare them to others, in particular, Butt. You'll find that he receives the most passes from our defenders, and he has a better pass completion rate than all our other midfielders, and makes more successful passes, and generally wins the ball more often than other midfielders.

What does this actually mean in match terms? Well, he helps the defence play it short, and he is good at quickly getting the ball to our more dangerous players. In moves leading up to goals we have scored, he has been involved more often than any other player, and this demonstrates that some of our best attacking moves have gone through him.

Gezza is the king of running back & collecting the 2 yard pass off our CB's & then a making a simple pass to either fullback which I reckon the CB's could of done. For a bloke who was a creative force at Boro I dont want him fucking around at Cacapa toes, he should be hanging around the halfway line & let our CB's or fullbacks find him with a pass or he could every now & again when we play 433 drift out to the right midfield as he has the experience of playing RM/RW.

Its a bit unrealistic to expect our defenders to find Geremi at halfway. Its tactics like that which lead to long ball, even if that wasn't the initial intention.

Also, passing from centre back to attacking full back can be quite risky these days when Premiership teams like to play Kuyt and Bellamy style players who play as a first line of defence. Getting the ball to the full back via Geremi allows the full back to push up without running the risk of a dangerous interception.

Its a bit unrealistic to expect our defenders to find Geremi at halfway. Its tactics like that which lead to long ball, even if that wasn't the initial intention.

Well him running back  & collecting the ball & having our back 4 + him + Butt all now behind the ball, while the oppo has 10 outfield players covering our 4 players is not ideal & I am sure a percentage man like yourself can see that. We are not  a creative team because our midfield are all playing inside our half, all of  the following do it: Emre,Barton, Geremi, Butt. Our midfield needs STAY in the MIDdle of the FIELD at times & let the defence find them.

Well him running back  & collecting the ball & having our back 4 + him + Butt all now behind the ball, while the oppo has 10 outfield players covering our 4 players is not ideal & I am sure a percentage man like yourself can see that. We are not  a creative team because our midfield are all playing inside our half, all of  the following do it: Emre,Barton, Geremi, Butt. Our midfield needs STAY in the MIDdle of the FIELD at times & let the defence find them.

Have to agree with some of this. If anyone should be collecting, it should be Butt really, as he's our anchoring midfielder...? To be honest, I'm not quite sure what role it is Geremi is supposed to play, but he's definitely not 100% comfortable in it. Even though he probably does alot of unnoticed work, as mentioned by HTT, we're crying out for some creativity - something Geremi is not showing. Granted, in away matches I'd expect us to be sitting alot deeper, which is fine. But at home, versus inferior opposition like Derby, we need to take the game to them, and that requires a whole lot more creativity than what's been displayed so far. Too bad Derby is the only (arguably) easy home game in close sight..

Geremi has a knack of ghosting into key areas to cut out opposition runners in our defensive zone which does go unnoticed. He is forever blocking runs, attempted passes and being there for a Toon shirt to pass to or use as a gateway and invariably when he's on the ball he finds his man. Although over distance his passing like much of the team's is frankly rubbish.

I'm sorry but this is exactly what he should do, and also exactly what he doesn't do.  Chases around like Jenas & Faye used to, never making a tackle or a block on the ball, and never making himself available for the ball other than to collect it from the centre halves.  Don't believe me?  Watch the Birmingham game again.

We'll learn one day that ex-Chelski players are shite for us.... Baba/Parker/Duffer/Geremi...... once you've spent time in the smoke , going up t'north is the end of your days as a performing footballer.... I made the reverse trip of course and still doing the biz in my 50's kicking the shi* out of the Soft Southern Jessies :knuppel2:

Guest loves the toon

imo hes one of the worst players in our squad

should be in the top 5 worst signings of the summer

i never did rate him, hes played s**** all season

i hope hes dropped v derby, never captain again and rid of him in a few weeks

i might be being harsh but i think hes s*** and gives the ball away all of the time

Yes, Geremi has been poor lately, but to say "get rid of him" is just stupid. He clearly can play well as he has shown in pre-season and we're going to have to be patient with him. If he doesn't find his form eventually then he'll have to be more of a bit-part player and someone else will have to be captain. He's also decent at right back if Beye is ever injured or moves to the centre.

im entitled to my own opinion  :smitten:

never mind your entitled to your own opinion its twenty past eleven at night now get to bed for school. :laugh:

i might be being harsh but i think hes s*** and gives the ball away all of the time

Yes, Geremi has been poor lately, but to say "get rid of him" is just stupid. He clearly can play well as he has shown in pre-season and we're going to have to be patient with him. If he doesn't find his form eventually then he'll have to be more of a bit-part player and someone else will have to be captain. He's also decent at right back if Beye is ever injured or moves to the centre.

never mind your entitled to your own opinion its twenty past eleven at night now get to bed me lad

Your IP matches, so even pretending for a minute you aren't just Kev, why don't you just say it to him in person?

Guest loves the toon

never mind your entitled to your own opinion its twenty past eleven at night now get to bed me lad

Your IP matches, so even pretending for a minute you aren't just Kev, why don't you just say it to him in person?

cause kevs at home he doesnt live with me

who's ip matches who's ?