Danny Haynes

Menace

Guest nufcandy

think alot of managers will be watching him, only 19 isnt he?

has he played for the under21s?

Plays for the U19's apparantly.

ah rite, when ive seen him hes been like dyer, fast tricky but struggled to finish, havnt seen enough to judge him though

remember the name from fm :D

but can someone fill me in regarding real life - who is he, what position does he play etc?

cheers

A young striker at Ipswich. Watched him for England vs. Holland in a U19 game where Krul saved a penalty. Looked extremley quick.

Apparantly Sam is monitoring him. No link, just word of mouth.

Thoughts?

the path to glory is full of cheap youngsters and foreigners, I'm sure we are on the right path here, it isn't as if all the other successful clubs don't follow this path, and we haven't signed top quality youngsters before from Ipswich.

Thoughts?

the path to glory is full of cheap youngsters and foreigners, I'm sure we are on the right path here, it isn't as if all the other successful clubs don't follow this path, and we haven't signed top quality youngsters before from Ipswich.

You blame the manager?!? He's the one who decides whom we are signing. I thought you'd give SA a bit more time actually, i think he deserves more personally.

Thoughts?

You blame the manager?!? He's the one who decides whom we are signing. I thought you'd give SA a bit more time actually, i think he deserves more personally.

Yes, the manager is to blame/congratulate. He should decide, but as said elsewhere, I am worried that his hands may be tied. And I do think he deserves more time, as I wanted him. Although if he starts to really lose the plot, the club will have to act. Thats football.

We've needed to look at the youth in the leagues below us for a long time now. Its not something you can stop doing either, we should be setting aside £2-3m per year as gambles on bringing in young talent until the reserves and youth teams are bursting with talent.

At the moment there is simply nothing there bar one or two maybes.

With our Youth Team getting knocked out of the FA Youth Cup by Shrewsbury, we need to bring in as many good youngsters as possible.

We won the FA Youth Cup in 1985 mate. I'm not being funny, but its no guarantee of anything. Only Gazza made it to the top from that team. The rest of them played in the lower leagues ie ian Bogie, Joe Allon, Brian Tinnion. I can't think of anyone else, they all disappeared.

The youth team is only part of the club. You can't ignore the current first team and build your hopes on the youth team. Everybody is looking for the best youngsters, not just us. If anything, having a top class first team now would attract the better youngsters.

What I find disturbing is the comments from the club, which I suspect may be aimed at deflecting the attention from the present squad because they don't want to spend, compete, and build it up, and posts such as yours suggest it is succeeding.

I obviously hope that I am wrong, and the club has a rounded view of all things which are important.

Have I missed the quotes that may be aimed at deflecting the attention from the present squad because they don't want to this, that and the other?

Serious question, might have just missed the interview in question.

With our Youth Team getting knocked out of the FA Youth Cup by Shrewsbury, we need to bring in as many good youngsters as possible.

We won the FA Youth Cup in 1985 mate. I'm not being funny, but its no guarantee of anything. Only Gazza made it to the top from that team. The rest of them played in the lower leagues ie ian Bogie, Joe Allon, Brian Tinnion. I can't think of anyone else, they all disappeared.

The youth team is only part of the club. You can't ignore the current first team and build your hopes on the youth team. Everybody is looking for the best youngsters, not just us. If anything, having a top class first team now would attract the better youngsters.

What I find disturbing is the comments from the club, which I suspect may be aimed at deflecting the attention from the present squad because they don't want to spend, compete, and build it up, and posts such as yours suggest it is succeeding.

I obviously hope that I am wrong, and the club has a rounded view of all things which are important.

Paul Stephenson shone for a little and Tinnion did a decent job for us for a while. They werent good enough and ended up in the same boat. Problem nowadays is that we have a pretty much all English set up and not sure of how many outside the North East. The chances of getting a player up to scratch in our league have receded since Bosman for obvious reasons. The kids have to be exceptional or there will be better within or outside the EU (depending on work permits) that teams can get.  We need to widen the net. There are ways around the Academy rules about location.  Clearly the first team needs looking at too.

Paul Stephenson shone for a little and Tinnion did a decent job for us for a while. They werent good enough and ended up in the same boat. Problem nowadays is that we have a pretty much all English set up and not sure of how many outside the North East. The chances of getting a player up to scratch in our league have receded since Bosman for obvious reasons. The kids have to be exceptional or there will be better within or outside the EU (depending on work permits) that teams can get.  We need to widen the net. There are ways around the Academy rules about location.  Clearly the first team needs looking at too.

This is true. I knew I had missed someone, and yes it was Paul Stephenson.

Have I missed the quotes that may be aimed at deflecting the attention from the present squad because they don't want to this, that and the other?

Lets just say I've seen people before trying to fob supporters off and do things on the cheap, and alarm bells are ringing.

And I don't believe in this "long term planning" bringing automatic success, as everybody does it, it doesn't mean we are any different to anyone else, so what exactly does it mean ?

The first team, is what matters. I fail to see how you can't see this, assuming you can't, otherwise you wouldn't have asked the question.

Lets just say I've seen people before trying to fob supporters off and do things on the cheap, and alarm bells are ringing.

And I don't believe in this "long term planning" bringing automatic success, as everybody does it, it doesn't mean we are any different to anyone else, so what exactly does it mean ?

The first team, is what matters. I fail to see how you can't see this, assuming you can't, otherwise you wouldn't have asked the question.

I asked the question because I haven't seen any quotes that, to me, seemed to insinuate the things that you are worried about. I still haven't, after your response.

I couldn't agree more that the first team is what matters, and I haven't stated anything to the contrary, anywhere.

The youthteam isen´t a mesaure of how good a team is, thats right. But if you have a good academy the chanses of getting a good first team is much better.

As many is suggetsing. Even if you got a good youth-team the account of players that makes it to the PL is not great but the chanses increas a lot.

That many are happy with this new strategy is just because we never ever have used it before and we are problebly the biggest team in the world that hasent done that! Even my favorite team in Sweden! is doing it (the 26th best league in europe or what it is) but not Newcastle in one off the biggest!