Danny Haynes

Menace

Saw him last season in the FA Cup, he scored an offside goal, didn't know it was offside and was busy dancing in front his fans whilst we had the ball down the other end.  :lol:

He looked fairly threatening though.

Place one youngster with excellent potential in a team of misfits that wont make it professionally in the reserve or youth teams is not going to turn that youngster into a good Premiership player.

The better the crop of youngsters in our academy/reserves, the better the chances that one or two players will come into our first team and become a good regular feature.

Its survival of the fittest, and the fittest has had to constantly better himself to stay ahead of the opposition.

This is partly how the youth setup works in Brazil.

Have I missed the quotes that may be aimed at deflecting the attention from the present squad because they don't want to this, that and the other?

Serious question, might have just missed the interview in question.

Lets just say I've seen people before trying to fob supporters off and do things on the cheap, and alarm bells are ringing.

And I don't believe in this "long term planning" bringing automatic success, as everybody does it, it doesn't mean we are any different to anyone else, so what exactly does it mean ?

The first team, is what matters. I fail to see how you can't see this, assuming you can't, otherwise you wouldn't have asked the question.

I asked the question because  I haven't seen any quotes that, to me, seemed to insinuate the things that you are worried about . I still haven't, after your response.

I couldn't agree more that the first team is what matters, and I haven't stated anything to the contrary, anywhere.

well, if you haven't experienced a shit board first hand, then you wouldn't would you

well, if you haven't experienced a s*** board first hand, then you wouldn't would you

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Congratulations, you've managed to turn a thread about Danny Haynes into a thread about the board, you're obsessed.  :idiot2:

well, if you haven't experienced a s*** board first hand, then you wouldn't would you

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Congratulations, you've managed to turn a thread about Danny Haynes into a thread about the board, you're obsessed.  :idiot2:

Your avatar shows who is really obsessed here.

Have I missed the quotes that may be aimed at deflecting the attention from the present squad because they don't want to this, that and the other?

Lets just say I've seen people before trying to fob supporters off and do things on the cheap, and alarm bells are ringing.

And I don't believe in this "long term planning" bringing automatic success, as everybody does it, it doesn't mean we are any different to anyone else, so what exactly does it mean ?

The first team, is what matters. I fail to see how you can't see this, assuming you can't, otherwise you wouldn't have asked the question.

I asked the question because  I haven't seen any quotes that, to me, seemed to insinuate the things that you are worried about . I still haven't, after your response.

I couldn't agree more that the first team is what matters, and I haven't stated anything to the contrary, anywhere.

well, if you haven't experienced a shit board first hand, then you wouldn't would you

No I haven't, I'm only 21. I note you still haven't directed me towards any quotes that suggested they didn't want to spend in January though. Wouldn't it just have been easier to link me after my question rather than make assumptions about what I did and didn't think?

Saw him last season in the FA Cup, he scored an offside goal, didn't know it was offside and was busy dancing in front his fans whilst we had the ball down the other end.  :lol:

He looked fairly threatening though.

Yeah he was blatently on side. 

Plenty of youtube clips with him on.

No I haven't, I'm only 21. I note you still haven't directed me towards any quotes that suggested they didn't want to spend in January though. Wouldn't it just have been easier to link me after my question rather than make assumptions about what I did and didn't think?

I really don't want to go into this again at the moment. You know what I have always posted, and I didn't mean to dig at you. I don't really think that people want a message board where everybody agrees with each other, nor do I think that people want a message board whereby factual information is constantly ignored.

You see, it's not  the fact you think anything that is the problem here. I'm just saying that the ex board was far from shit, and the facts prove it, and people should accept that this is the case.

I'm not happy with the quality of player that has came into the club, and the manager can only bring in players to the level he is backed at. If you want success, you have got to get the best players sometimes, and be prepared to pay the going rate sometimes, or outbid your rivals.

The prospect of seeing the club shopping around the lower leagues, or obscure foreign ones now, for talented players at cheap prices, fills me with dismay. I watched this for 30 years, despite what people like Mick say about it being "the same as the last board". So far, all the comments appear to point towards this route ie a cheaper route to success. It never works, and it won't work. You also won't attract the best youngsters, unless you have one of the best teams. Who would sign for us instead of one of the top 4, unless we join them ?

That's all fair enough, I wasn't trying to have a dig, just a bit bemused you seemed to be trying to put words in my mouth. What I was really asking was what you had seen that made you think this board was going to do things on the cheap (with no comment on what the past board(s) have or haven't done!). Basically the way I see it is that there's no reason to believe these rumoured transfers of the last few days are instead of any other transfers, rather that they are in addition. I guess we'll see who's right over the next few years, as Ashley looks to me as though he's going to stick around for a while yet.

The prospect of seeing the club shopping around the lower leagues, or obscure foreign ones now, for talented players at cheap prices, fills me with dismay. I watched this for 30 years, despite what people like Mick say about it being "the same as the last board". So far, all the comments appear to point towards this route ie a cheaper route to success. It never works, and it won't work. You also won't attract the best youngsters, unless you have one of the best teams. Who would sign for us instead of one of the top 4, unless we join them ?

Like I said earlier:

Place one youngster with excellent potential in a team of misfits that wont make it professionally in the reserve or youth teams is not going to turn that youngster into a good Premiership player.

The better the crop of youngsters in our academy/reserves, the better the chances that one or two players will come into our first team and become a good regular feature.

Its survival of the fittest, and the fittest has had to constantly better himself to stay ahead of the opposition.

This is partly how the youth setup works in Brazil.

As long as we invest in youth and match it with the best players we can possibly get now, there is no problem.

Shepherd's transfer policy helped leave us £100m in debt, a lot of which was spent in periods when we weren't competitive, and there was too much short-termism.

Short-termism is only good if there is also a good long-term plan in place - something that we did not have post-Robson.

I think its worth the odd gamble from the lower leagues.

As long as we are not spending a fortune I don't mind, there are good players that slip the net and when they are given the chance of better coaching and playing with better players they respond. Look at some of the reading players that Coppell has taken a risk on like Hunt, okay not really a risk at 100K but I would say his value is around 2-3 million now on the transfer market and he has been very useful for Reading.

However, there have been many flops from the lower leagues, just ask Birmingham fans, that Campbell was a flop and I am sure though he was bought on the back of the performance v Sunderland, hardly a good indication really!