Anelka to Chelski

Mr. Snrub

Bit of an extreme analogy, but the point still stands. Anelka is a top class player, hes far more suited to the style and system that Big Sam wants to play (and is playing), and hes a better player than Martins, Owen or Viduka. Having him here for one season, and then making a profit at the end of it, is better than not having him here and having to sign someone average just because theyll not have the ambition (and no doubt the ability) to play at the highest levels in club football.

You have Anelka signing for us , doing well & then us selling him for a profit. Talk about jumping the gun

I was replying to the questions over his commitment to us IF he were to sign, and a CL club came sniffing later on.

Id love to see us get Diouf and Anelka, They would transform our side. I hate Diouf but you cant doubt his ability.

You know he scored against us the other day...first league goal for over a year. And he's not been injured. 32 games between goals. Smithtastic. I think its pretty easy to doubt his ability.

...ya, I hate him too.

Id love to see us get Diouf and Anelka, They would transform our side. I hate Diouf but you cant doubt his ability.

You know he scored against us the other day...first league goal for over a year. And he's not been injured. 32 games between goals. Smithtastic. I think its pretty easy to doubt his ability.

...ya, I hate him too.

Agree with you, would love Anelka, don't see all the hype about Diouf, but then again many on here think Smith can do no wrong.

...ya, I hate him too.

Agree with you, would love Anelka, don't see all the hype about Diouf, but then again many on here think Smith can do no wrong.

Many? I reckon that's pushing it.

Diouf is s*** and overrated. Cant stand that type of player, a player with average ability but manages to cover that by the use of intelligence to create situations where he can dive and win a free kick. Similar to Cahill, Ashley Cole and Ljungberg.

He isnt shit at all. We have some average players who play regularly and he has twice their ability. Equally Cole and Ljungberg were in a different league to anything we have in our side.

Some players get on your tits but you can't go dismissing ability like that. Leave that for the real tat.

Bolton selling one of the two creative spearheads, the other being Diouf, that play major roles in their bid to avoid the chop/relegation. If they're to sell any of them it will be for a sum that will partially offset the financial damage to the club in the event of them going down, something which imo will be the ultimate price payed by Bolton if either Diouf or Anelka are sold in January.

'Just 10m' seems under the odds given the circumstances.......... tabloid bullshite imo.

Agreed. I don't like the hockler either but he's a good player.

Diouf is shit and overrated. Cant stand that type of player, a player with average ability but manages to cover that by the use of intelligence to create situations where he can dive and win a free kick. Similar to Cahill, Ashley Cole and Ljungberg.

Side-splitting stuff once again.

I can't decide if you're a wum or just thick.

I think goalscoring stats are relevant when it comes to strikers.

Martins' stands at 24 in 56 for us though, so you can't throw a claim of poor goalscoring stats at him. When he plays, he scores, and that's true both here and at Inter Milan.

I think goalscoring stats are relevant when it comes to strikers.

I don't.

What you need is a threat from all over the park and you judge footballers on their overall contribution, not on statistics. Malcolm Macdonald regularly scored between 20 and 30 goals a season for Newcastle and for 3 seasons in a row we finished 15th. When he left we shot up to 5th and had a much better team. It's always about the team and judging footballers on statistics is a load of bollocks.

In any case, it's generally accepted that we have a lack of creativity in the team right now, something that despite being accepted is conveniently ignored when rolling out stats about our strikers.

Diouf is s*** and overrated. Cant stand that type of player, a player with average ability but manages to cover that by the use of intelligence to create situations where he can dive and win a free kick. Similar to Cahill, Ashley Cole and Ljungberg.

Side-splitting stuff once again.

I can't decide if you're a wum or just thick.

Stop being so negatively biased. Or is it positively biased? Or just plain old biased?

He isnt s*** at all. We have some average players who play regularly and he has twice their ability. Equally Cole and Ljungberg were in a different league to anything we have in our side.

Some players get on your tits but you can't go dismissing ability like that. Leave that for the real tat.

Quite a few people have rubbished my post, so ill try to make things a bit clear.

Of course Diouff isnt s*** per se. A truly s*** player is Ameobi. Its within the context that hes s***, ie for his reputation - hes not got great ability, hes just a solid player who plays the game in an experienced fashion, ie knows how to draw fouls.

Its like calling Beckham s*** after hes had a major tournament for England. Noone is saying hes a sunday league player, nor that hes no better than anything we have, but for his reputation he plays s*** in the big games, hence hes s***. There needs to be a context when judging a player, ie a standard, and most of the time its implied, otherwise a statement like "Ameobi is s***" would be wrong unless you say "Ameobi is s*** for a Premiership footballer". Here, the implied standard was these player's own reputations.

As for Cahill, Cole and Ljungberg, I think the statement was structured a tad incorrectly - I meant to say that theyre overrated players who tend to play for dives more then actually playing good football, as opposed to them being average players. Again, like Beckham, because im calling them overrated doesnt mean im saying theyre no better than what we have, or average in terms of the bigger picture. Ashley Cole especially is obviously far from an avearge player, in my books hes a good left back at the top levels, but hes still overrated for me (ie often called one of the best in the world) and often does nothing in the big games (when hes last time you remember him getting forward and doing anything, for club or country, or even putting in a top class display? Again, this is supposedly one of the best in the world). Hes meant to have good ability on the ball, he used to be a good player going forward with Arsenal, but the past few years hes resorted to playing for free kicks and diving to get himself out of trouble, and generally being a whinging t*** instead of using his abilities to be the good player that he should be.

Just a note on Ljungberg, but for me was always an average player. Even when he was scoring 20+ during his one off purple patch, he looked to me like a player who was benefitting greatly from being surrounded by vastly superior players, as opposed to being a very good player in his own right. His personal ability level wasnt that great, he just happened to fit into a great team well, a team that used his attributes to the fullest. For me, that didnt hide the fact that most of the time he (similarly) did nothing constructive in games except for miss chances or getting the ball and then playing for a dive - Robert Pires in contrast was imo a top player, a very good one, in comparison to Ljungberg who was playing above his level and "covering his tracks" by using his experience/intelligence rather than ability (ie, playing the game like a fag). Hence why I think hes s*** in context to his reputation of being a very good player.

Guest Brazilianbob

The four you mention all are / have been very good players to a greater or lesser degree.

In my opinion the greatest exponent of this method when he was a player at the toon was Kevin Keegan!

diouf isnt a out and out goalscorer, but hes good on the pitch for what he does

a dirty player who loves to spit on fans but...hes still a good player and would be a good addition to our squad

anelka will go to chelsea

drogba going to acon? is kalou aswell?

because they will need a new striker

Guest Ridzuan

If Sheva keeps scoring, and with Pizarro on the bench, they might leave it as it is.

I doubt so because Grant is a huge fan of Anelka and he will definitely want to bring him to Stamford Bridge.I heard Manchester City is interested in him too but I think he will most likely go to Chelsea.HaHaHaHa! Anelka to Chelsea,who would have imagine that.

He isnt s*** at all. We have some average players who play regularly and he has twice their ability. Equally Cole and Ljungberg were in a different league to anything we have in our side.

Quite a few people have rubbished my post, so ill try to make things a bit clear.

Of course Diouff isnt s*** per se. A truly s*** player is Ameobi. Its within the context that hes s***, ie for his reputation - hes not got great ability, hes just a solid player who plays the game in an experienced fashion, ie knows how to draw fouls.

Its like calling Beckham s*** after hes had a major tournament for England. Noone is saying hes a sunday league player, nor that hes no better than anything we have, but for his reputation he plays s*** in the big games, hence hes s***. There needs to be a context when judging a player, ie a standard, and most of the time its implied, otherwise a statement like "Ameobi is s***" would be wrong unless you say "Ameobi is s*** for a Premiership footballer". Here, the implied standard was these player's own reputations.

As for Cahill, Cole and Ljungberg, I think the statement was structured a tad incorrectly - I meant to say that theyre overrated players who tend to play for dives more then actually playing good football, as opposed to them being average players. Again, like Beckham, because im calling them overrated doesnt mean im saying theyre no better than what we have, or average in terms of the bigger picture. Ashley Cole especially is obviously far from an avearge player, in my books hes a good left back at the top levels, but hes still overrated for me (ie often called one of the best in the world) and often does nothing in the big games (when hes last time you remember him getting forward and doing anything, for club or country, or even putting in a top class display? Again, this is supposedly one of the best in the world). Hes meant to have good ability on the ball, he used to be a good player going forward with Arsenal, but the past few years hes resorted to playing for free kicks and diving to get himself out of trouble, and generally being a whinging t*** instead of using his abilities to be the good player that he should be.

Just a note on Ljungberg, but for me was always an average player. Even when he was scoring 20+ during his one off purple patch, he looked to me like a player who was benefitting greatly from being surrounded by vastly superior players, as opposed to being a very good player in his own right. His personal ability level wasnt that great, he just happened to fit into a great team well, a team that used his attributes to the fullest. For me, that didnt hide the fact that most of the time he (similarly) did nothing constructive in games except for miss chances or getting the ball and then playing for a dive - Robert Pires in contrast was imo a top player, a very good one, in comparison to Ljungberg who was playing above his level and "covering his tracks" by using his experience/intelligence rather than ability (ie, playing the game like a fag). Hence why I think hes s*** in context to his reputation of being a very good player.

Entertaining and generally hitting some much needed targets.

Tony Adams rated Ljungberg as one of the major reasons why Arsenal were as successful as they were.

Ljungberg was class at Arsenal anyone who thinks different couldnt of watched him when he was there, He did dive thou, Anyone remember when he dived against us? Think it was Zoggy who went into the tackle and Ljungberg dived and won arsenal a pen which over all won them the game, after the game when asked if there was contact he had a smirk on his face and said "yes", I would of loved to of smacked the cunt in the mouth.