Fred

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Best mates with Cacapa

Is he a playmaker?

Chelsea and Newcastle United are among clubs keeping tabs on Fred's situation at Olympique Lyon.

The Brazil international has admitted he may seek a move away in January after failing to nail down regular first team football this season in the wake of Karim Benzema's emergence.

"I asked the club to show confidence in me, but so far this has not happened. I wish to honour my contract until 2009, but I can not continue like this," said Fred.

The striker is close to Newcastle defender Claudio Cacapa and could arrive on Tyneside as cover for Obafemi Martins and crocked England striker Michael Owen.

Chelsea and Middlesbrough are also monitoring developments.

He is a striker.

If Fred joins & Diarra comes it will be like Friendsreunited at SJP.

you mean rejects united i suppose?

no, fred is a great player from what i've seen - and still pretty young. would be a great buy, but he isn't a playmaker!

Nearly went to Roma in the summer.

I wouldn't say a mega striker but good. You can never be sure these strikers from a fairly easy league will thrive in the PL and will need time to adjust. Rather have him than Crouch so yes.

Is it pronounced as plain old Fred, or is it going to be a fuk on like Henry.

Frederico Chaves Guedes, better pronounced as Fred it says somewhere so I guess there is no silent bits in there.

Good with his head as well as feet which would be mucho importante to SA.

I'd say better than Martins.  bluerazz.gif

Are we talking a loan or permanent transfer? Any figures?

They've said they won't loan in various articles on the interweb...so take that as you will.

I'd say its a €12-15m euro price tag. Maybe a little less depending on how badly he wants out.

top quality striker.. doubt he'll be interested to come here though

Why? Most footballers esp those playing outsider there own domestic league are after £££'s & not only do English clubs pay more than French clubs, the tax is really high for big earners in France. It is only the select few players that need/require CL football.

Do we need a striker of his kind? We have Owen and Martins so unless 1 of those are going i think we should look else where. Since Smith has been playing up front we have looked better so i think we should go for someone like Huntelaar, We wont get him but someone of his style of play would suit us.

Imo we need someone who can hold the ball up, battle with the defenders, create a few goals and chip a few goals in. We need someone who basically can defend from the front and put pressure on the defenders so they aint given an easy game.

Do we need a striker of his kind? We have Owen and Martins so unless 1 of those are going i think we should look else where. Since Smith has been playing up front we have looked better so i think we should go for someone like Huntelaar, We wont get him but someone of his style of play would suit us.

Imo we need someone who can hold the ball up, battle with the defenders, create a few goals and chip a few goals in. We need someone who basically can defend from the front and put pressure on the defenders so they aint given an easy game.

i'd certainly say that fred i more the huntelaar type than owen/martins. imo he is not very different to adebayor...