Keegan: Michael Owen new club captain

Guest Brazilianbob

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new thread but we really need to change the cpatency from the last regim. I think we should give it to Given. I don't buy keepers can't be captains argument. He is a wonderful player and respectful person who loves Newcastle.  I don't want players who was other player big players to wear the captain arm band. People say Smith is fiesty but this is not a war this is football we need some one nice and respectfull figure to be our captain. If not Given Taylor should be captain regardless.

I think it would be a shrewd  to make Barton captain, it might sort his head out and give him some responsibilty, was he captain for Man C? If so, forget this. Make it his captainship to lose, i can imagine it working to be honest, providing he doesnt go down tht is.

Talk? You mean a talk dirty like Smith did last Saturday and sent off? Well he doesn't do that.

If it was a case of choose between Given and Smith, of course Given would get it.

I have a feeling Kev will give the captain's armband to Taylor.

Does Given even talk to his defence??

Nah.. He just doesn't seem influental enough and I don't like the idea of the keeper being the captain.

Taylor's a good shout imo, Beye could also fill the position. How good is his english btw? (Better than mine hopefully)

If Smith could be kept from the midfield and keep a place in the attack, just don't see how that's possible, he could be a fine candidate.

Nah.. He just doesn't seem influental enough and I don't like the idea of the keeper being the captain.

Taylor's a good shout imo, Beye could also fill the position. How good is his english btw? (Better than mine hopefully)

If Smith could be kept from the midfield and keep a place in the attack, just don't see how that's possible, he could be a fine candidate.

Beye would be my captain out of the lot we've got, but with ANC and manager change i couldn't look any further right now than Nicky Butt.

Minus ANC, Beye, but hopefully like i said above we can sign in a new captain, make some a star.

Beye would be my captain out of the lot we've got, but with ANC and manager change i couldn't look any further right now than Nicky Butt.

Minus ANC, Beye, but hopefully like i said above we can sign in a new captain, make some a star.

Well, if we're all dreaming of VdV, he would make an excellent skipper. Been it for both Ajax, Holland and HSV iirc.

We could do with signing a captain, a free kick taker, a passer, a creater, a VDV.

I would love it if we signed VDV but sadly not going to happen. I would also rather have Stephen Carr captain than Alan Smith. In fact i would rather play carr in midfield ahead of Smith.

We could do with signing a captain, a free kick taker, a passer, a creater, a VDV.

I would love it if we signed VDV but sadly not going to happen. I would also rather have Stephen Carr captain than Alan Smith. In fact i would rather play carr in midfield ahead of Smith.

Stranger things of happened. Signing VDV would seriously kill about 4 birds with one stone.

He's worth paying £80k+ a week, not many other clubs would do so imo. He could be a star here, the German league can only take you so far, he's not exactly content at HSV either. In fact isn;t HSV one of KK's old clubs?

Still say the new captain will be Smith. He who pays the piper, calls the tune and Mike Ashley still seems well in awe of his prized possession and golden boy Mr Smith.

Eh?

Ashley HAS been at the matches you know. What has Smith done to make fat Mick be "in awe" of him?

Milner VDV Zog Duff - That would be awesome, if it ever happens, and I think we could afford VDV really. Would rather the spent a large ammount on a player like him rather than silly money on another striker like we always seemed to do.

What postion are we planning to play VDV again????

attacking centre mid, could also be employed as a left winger, but I seem to remember him having a huge fallin' out at Ajax because he didn't want to play on the wing..