Pick Your 3 signings

SUPERTOON

Potentially an excellent player (young,  dynamic, pace)

Could be converted into a RWB or RM (therefore flexibility in different systems)

Otherwise Diarra (Arsenal)

Guest pistonism

Well.. the papers in South Korea reported that the agent of South Korean international striker Jo Jae-Jin has just departed the country toward England.

He said Jo Jae-Jin will join Newcastle and sign a contract that lasts untill May 31, 2009

He is a player that PERFECTLY matches Sam's tactics, very good at long balls..

But he can do NOTHING else... has no sense of goal and lightweighted.

Anelka

Arshavin

Lewis Young

Who?

Ashley Young's brother. Meant to be better throughout all the youth teams.

Heard good things too.

Doubt we will have heard of him, however it seems our UK scouts have been busy going by other reports...

If we seriously are going after Cho-Jae Jin, it's almost certainly for marketing purposes. A lot of the bigger clubs like to have at least 1 far-eastern player on the books, even if they're shite. Think of the shirt sales!!!

Not too fussed if he's shite to be honest, as long as he's a Mike Ashley signing for building the club's profile and not a Big Sam signing for improving the team. Probably won't play anyway...

Guest the_guv_nor

Just spotted this on Sky Sports:-

Adam Clifford (Newcastle United fan) says...

I heard Alladyce will be doing alot of business this January, Nicky Shorey is coming from Reading, Wes Brown from Manchester United, Willy Sagnol from Bayern Munich Woodgate will be coming back and geremi going in the opposite direction, Gilberto from Arsenal who he will make his new captain, Peter Crouch or Benni McCarthy as well. Stephen Carr is on his way to Bolton as well as Michael Owen to either Man City or Chelsea

:idiot2:

http://www.skysports.com/football/papertalk/0,21673,12709,00.html

I heard Alladyce will be doing alot of business this January, Nicky Shorey is coming from Reading, Wes Brown from Manchester United, Willy Sagnol from Bayern Munich Woodgate will be coming back and geremi going in the opposite direction, Gilberto from Arsenal who he will make his new captain, Peter Crouch or Benni McCarthy as well. Stephen Carr is on his way to Bolton as well as Michael Owen to either Man City or Chelsea

:laugh:

Guest LucaAltieri

Arshavin

Seems to be a favourite. I still think he'd be a gamble but if the price is right he's definitely worth a punt.

Assuming Michael Owen is on his way out, one of either Spinesi or Tavano:

Gionatha Spinesi

Quality striker... scores in every team he's played in (shit or otherwise). Wouldn't break the bank. On the downside he's getting on a bit, his career is winding down, and he hasn't been as prolific this season as he has in previous seasons. Might be a warning sign he hasn't got so much left in the tank. Short term measure only.

Francesco Tavano

Another good striker who wouldn't cost the Earth. Tends to be one of those quiet players who you forget about until he slips free and bangs one in. Would give us another option up front.

Freddy Adu

I might be wrong, but I get the impression he's only been a bit-part player for Benfica this season. It might be worth trying to get him on loan untiul the end of the season. Cheap solution.

Pasquale Foggia

Someone else mentioned him earlier. Would be a quality signing. However, he's currently out on loan so I'm assuming he wouldn't be available until the summer anyway.

ask him who his dealer is please, I've had a rough past few days...

I say, Buy 3 attacking creativ players. And one of them should now how to score from distances, someone like Juninho in Lyon. We also need players who has lots of pace and can run with the ball. Remember attacking is the best defence!

This is more then 3 but newcastle need a lot more players to make an impact..

Arda Turan (creative left/right winger)

Sotiris Ninis (right midfielder)

Marco Aurelio (defensive midfielder)

Willian Borges da Silva (attacking creative mid)

Roman Pavlyuchenko (forward)

Kevin Kurani (forward)

Khalid Boulahrouz(defender )

sell

Joey Barton (bad for the club reputation)

Geremi

Mark Viduka

Stephen Carr

David Edgar

Shola Ameobi

convert smith back in to a forward

these players should be cheap, all of them are risks but you need to take a risk and they are quite young, they should all cost to around £20m in total..better then paying £10m for one player a like anleka he is playing well for bolton but that dont mean he is going to play good at newcastle.

appiah will be a waste of money he had a bad injury and now seems to get injured often and hasnt played for along time fenerbahce seems to want to get rid of him..Marco Aurelio from fenerbahce is a really good dm better then appiah but he seems to be on his way to Valencia for free at the end of seaso