Americans

Mike

They're showing the match from 1996 against Man United on FSC.

(will delete topic after this is over)

The 5-0 or the smash-yourself-in-the-face-with-a-brick-till-you-can-no-longer-feel-pain-Schmeichel-vs-Ferdinand-and-then-the-smarmy-French-psycho-pops-up-at-the-back-post?

Does it have the Andy Gray commentary from the Peacock goal?

"The linesman cannot see it, I don't see how he can give the goal, it's not over the line..." *sees it from another angle* oh looks in doesn't it?"

Have you never even seen the goals Mike?

Yeah, the first goal that barely went over.

Saw a youtube clip before but they're showing all of the movement leading up to it and everything.

Nicky Butt looks 12 here.

Ferdinand just scored the header.

God, how did this team win nothing?

I tingle watching that Albert goal, even though it's just before 'my time'. I knew of it, my dad used to harp on about it. Really is absolutely sublime. :lol:

Probably the most rewinded goal i've got on video/DVD. :D

I tingle watching that Albert goal, even though it's just before 'my time'. I knew of it, my dad used to harp on about it. Really is absolutely sublime. :lol:

Always amazed me how fantastic technically Philip Albert was for a centre half.

Certainly love him in our back four of today.

Guest Mayor Steve

For me the Ginola goal was absolute class. And then having Peter S. wipe his gloves on a towel after the goal as if he could have gotten his hands on that bullet.

They're showing the match from 1996 against Man United on FSC.

(will delete topic after this is over)

The 5-0 or the smash-yourself-in-the-face-with-a-brick-till-you-can-no-longer-feel-pain-Schmeichel-vs-Ferdinand-and-then-the-smarmy-French-psycho-pops-up-at-the-back-post?

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Loved Albert ability to start attacks from the back was a fantastic feature of Keegan's side.

Something we've been missing for quite a while now. Watching a centreback bomb forward on the counterattack really is marvelous.

While obviously nowhere near that sort of quality, I've seen those tendencies in Rozenhal so far. If he could iron out the errors he make - far too often - he could be that player for us, really.

One of the things I loved most about that Albert goal is that they'd spent a load of money signing Poborsky that summer, basically because he'd scored a chipped goal like that in the Euros, then we played them ripped them apart and just to add insult to injury we score a similar goal, only better and not only that but it's a fucking centre-half who does it!! :lol: It really felt like we were rubbing their faces in it when that went in, it simply couldn't have been better.