Alan Smith

tmonkey

Has a player ever been booed simply for being absolutely s**** before, with no off the field factors coming into play?

viana v wolves, afta tht stinker in marseille

yep, everyone got it that day

Been reading Toffeeweb forum and apparently Smith has only looked s*** because everyone fails here, he was played in the wrong position and our training is s***  :laugh:. Hey, whatever gets him out of here!

I hope Moyes see's it that way aswell.

Guest optimistic nit

Owen, Viduka and Martins are the only strikers we have. Two of which are injury prone. Smith and Shola cannot be considered strikers. That suggests to me that we should already have a new striker in the squad

They're both still burning a huge hole in our resources.

I know that, but all the same we've had 2 months to sort the problem and here we are still with it. And it's a bloody serious one

What if the budget isn't there?

Why isn't it there? We've got a small enough squad!

Speculate to accumulate.

We've got a small squad but up front we're well stocked, you can't go adding extra strikers to make up the numbers when you've already got 6 of them that featured last season still here.

we're nowhere near well stocked. On the balance sheet yes, perhaps. On the pitch we have ONE, ONE ffs who we can rely on to be fit and perform

We've got 6 strikers on our books, you can't just keep adding more without getting rid of the s*** and all the crying in the World won't change that.

Right , so you need 4 players. You have 1 who is generally fit and performs well, 2 that peform well but cannot be relied on to be available, and 2 that cannot be considered adequate players for that role.

You're still nowhere near having the 4 players you need. As Shearergol said, that's why you cant run a football club like a business and why you can view players like assets

We've got 6 strikers on our books, you can't just keep adding more without getting rid of the s*** and all the crying in the World won't change that.

Why is it difficult to understand? We've got six strikers. They've each got a wage bill. We're not going to add another striker until we get rid of the current ones. We can't shift one of the current one's cos they're dogshite, like you say. And that's not our fault in the slightest. It's just tough luck; if you want to blame anyone, blame Allardyce - not the current board.

the reason people, including me, are dissagreeing with you is not because they dont understand what you are saying, but because we believe that you are wrong. i understand you point perfectly, and you do have one, but if we lose martins and owen for long periods next season, entirely possible, than it could cost us even more than signing one extra striker. we need another good striker, if we cannot afford one without risking the solvency of the club, then that is fine, i accept that, otherwise we need to buy one. i doubt that is the case though.

I'm not blaming the board for the fact we have obsolete striking options.

I'm blaming them because we've had all summer to sort it out and it hasn't been, simple as that. There are teams out there who would pay £3m for Shola and there are teams out there who'd pay a similar amount for Smith

Wtf? First of all, it was well documented that several clubs have had offers for Shola accepted, but he simply won't budge - how's that our fault? As for Smith... erm, who the f*** has made an offer for him then? So it's the board's fault for: 1, not being able to change free will of a human being. and 2, not making other clubs bid for our players.

???

being on first name terms with Shola for a while I know that if the guy knew he wasn't wanted he'd f*** off, no question. No way he'd drag his heels unless convinced he had a job to do here. As for Smith, he's ex Man U, played for England as recently as last season, you dont think if we made him available teams wouldn't bite?

I'm really confused about the Shola situation, why hasn't he moved ? Is it him or the club. I agree with Ronaldo, if we put Shola on the transfer list, I'm sure he would go. Got the feeling though that he has been told he still has a chance here. Where I disagree with Ronaldo here is the amount, I would puthim out there for 1 million I would even accept half of that if we didn't get anyone to bite, the likes of Hull, Fulham, Stoke, Norwich and Ipswich I think would take him. And he would go if we placed him on the transfer list.

I made a point earlier in the close season about the need to be pretty agressive at getting rid of the dead wood. I argued that we should make players available for bargain prices to generate interest and get rid. I would put Smith out there for 1 - 1.5 mill, if we did and made it clear to him that he had no future with us, then he would go in a shot, some foolish team would write us a cheque. OK so we loose 5 million on our initial investment but we save 10 million on his wages.

Bottom line is, if we were really serious about getting rid of either or both, I think we could. I tend to agree with Ronaldo, someone either Ashley, Jimenez/Wise or Keegan has made the decision that our striking options are adequate.

very much agreed afar, about being aggressive in getting shot of the dead wood

there's enough money floating about in the game these days that if smith became available for 1.5m the likes of wigan/mackems/west ham (maybe)/'boro not to mention the promoteds would be beating a path to our fucking door

same for shola especially from the promoted teams, and duff from similar clubs to smith

lets imagine 5m in fees for the three of them plus the wages saving combined, instead look at what we're facing next season...that 5m might have bought say derdiyok or whatever his name is

it was my biggest fear with kk maybe, when SA was sacked i just thought we needed a manager to come in and say "you're not good enough, fuck off son" and stick a bairn in instead til he got the message

how much is down to kk and how much to the board is another question but i sincerely hope kk didn't look at smith, duff & shola last season and see something, that would be the most worrying of all

KK binned Duff, Smith and Shola as soon as he got a chance and lo and behold, that was when we started winning games (the former two anyway, Shola wasn't getting a kick to start with). He knows full well that the three of them are clowns but his hands are tied because no-one else will take them off us.

KK binned Duff, Smith and Shola as soon as he got a chance and lo and behold, that was when we started winning games (the former two anyway, Shola wasn't getting a kick to start with). He knows full well that the three of them are clowns but his hands are tied because no-one else will take them off us.

can't and won't believe that, as afar says above it could be done but we'd have to take the hit on fees

ain't gonna happen is it?

oh and if he knows they're THAT bad then why not throw in zamblera or another bairn instead of them...why give shite the never ending chance to keep proving themselves shite?  never understood this, we know duff won't beat a man or create a goal, we know smith won't score and the same for ameobi...so what is the fucking point carrying on with them other than we pay them more than the bairns and they're "experienced"

$10 crack whores are experienced as well, lets chuck them in for a laugh too

can't and won't believe that, as afar says above it could be done but we'd have to take the hit on fees

oh and if he knows they're THAT bad then why not throw in zamblera or another bairn instead of them...why give shite the never ending chance to keep proving themselves shite?  never understood this, we know duff won't beat a man or create a goal, we know smith won't score and the same for ameobi...so what is the fucking point carrying on with them other than we pay them more than the bairns and they're "experienced"

Fees has got nothing to do with it, who's going to pay them the disgusting wages they're both on? I'd see them both go for free but they're not going to walk away for a massive paycut.

I agree that I'd rather see the likes of Zamblera in, for me neither should ever pull the black and white on again but that's me, most people would disagree with me judging by the amount of people fooled by Duff's showings in pre-season.

He brought Geremi back into the starting 11. And took Milner off the right wing.

That's what did it.

Well, that and dropping Smith.

He brought Geremi back into the starting 11. And took Milner off the right wing.

That's what did it.

Well, that and dropping Smith.

The rot started when Duff came back, stopped when he got kicked out because we'd effectively been playing with 10 men for three months. 2 points from 33 he helped us get. Thanks Damien. :thup:

Fees has got nothing to do with it, who's going to pay them the disgusting wages they're both on? I'd see them both go for free but they're not going to walk away for a massive paycut.

I agree that I'd rather see the likes of Zamblera in, for me neither should ever pull the black and white on again but that's me, most people would disagree with me judging by the amount of people fooled by Duff's showings in pre-season.

depends man, wages become less of an issue without a fee, clubs would see that as justifiable for players of their "calibre"...balance the fee into the wages if you see what i mean

anyways like you say there must be a reason they're not gone, wish i knew what the fuck it was then i could do something about it

yeah duff eh?  i'll be getting carried away again but he's "looked good" i'm told...0 goals and a maximum possible 1 assist in four games right?...what stats, can't wait til he's up against the shite in the PL week in week out rather than doncaster and relegated spanish teams otherwise i'd be worried

Realistically Duff, Smith & Ameobi are players people will buy for cut down prices.

If any of them cared about their careers (which all of them should do at this stage) then they'll leave and take pay cuts. Duff has more money than sense & talent, he can afford to say go back to Blackburn and live out his days on their treatment table.

Smith decieves, and there are still fans, managers and player outside of Newcastle that think he's an honest grafter, just the type of lad you want in your team.

As for Ameobi, its already been shown there are teams after him, when he stops being a tit someone might finally take him.

KK is probably worried how thin the team is and doesn't want seasoned players to go only to be playing his kids, but KK must soon realise, these players are simply not worth keeping and even if we have to start with 10 men, we'd be better off than keeping these wasters for another season.

Just read this on an Everton forum.

"Take him everyday of the week especially at 1.5, hes unplayable on his day and has hold up play like i've never seen. The reason he hasnt scored many lately is newcastle are shite and he has to play in mid cos of owen martins viduka etc. If he didnt break his leg he woulda made a career at united "

:lol:

"Take him everyday of the week especially at 1.5, hes unplayable on his day and has hold up play like i've never seen. The reason he hasnt scored many lately is newcastle are shite and he has to play in mid cos of owen martins viduka etc. If he didnt break his leg he woulda made a career at united "

That must be a wind up. Unplayable? I wish he fucking was unplayable, undroppable more like.

Oh God.