Alan Smith

tmonkey

It's actually funny watching him at this point, he's just that bad.

Not gonna be the case once the actual season starts and the games actually matter. Another striker is desperately neccesary before the season gets going.

You have to wonder if Smith is aware of how poor he is. Can fully imagine he's charging around the place, delighted with himself "leading the line" and thinking he's fucking Berbatov or something trying to play his neat little flicks. :lol:

More important, does Keegan think he can rely on this waster in any way, shape or form to contribute for us next season. If so, we're fucked.

Not gonna be the case once the actual season starts and the games actually matter. Another striker is desperately neccesary before the season gets going.

You have to wonder if Smith is aware of how poor he is. Can fully imagine he's charging around the place, delighted with himself "leading the line" and thinking he's f***ing Berbatov or something trying to play his neat little flicks. :lol:

More important, does Keegan think he can rely on this waster in any way, shape or form to contribute for us next season. If so, we're f***ed.

Not funny when you think how much he earns a week nevermind how much he cost to sign.

If I was him i'd be embarressed to open my own wage packet

I just can't see how anyone who plays up front could be any less of a goal threat, Smith gets outscored by the defenders.

I doubt we could sell him, I really think we would be lucky to give him away considering what he probably earns here. One of my pet hates is people claiming "anyone" could do better than certain players but I really struggle to think how anyone could do worse than Smith.

You have to wonder if Smith is aware of how poor he is. Can fully imagine he's charging around the place, delighted with himself "leading the line" and thinking he's f***ing Berbatov or something trying to play his neat little flicks. :lol:

More important, does Keegan think he can rely on this waster in any way, shape or form to contribute for us next season. If so, we're f***ed.

Not funny when you think how much he earns a week nevermind how much he cost to sign.

If I was him i'd be embarressed to open my own wage packet

That's it though, he probably thinks he's earned every penny.

I remember telling my friend that as soon as Smith gets the ball he's gonna waste it, Milner passed it to him and he made a sliding tackle without anyone being anywhere near the ball and kicked it back to Mallorca..he still hasn't had a single shot on Goal..

I can't believe that were not trying to sell him, he's not even TRYING to do anything..

Guest Heneage

He looked lazy dis interested and I for one am sick of it. As the comms said tonight "I think the games changed these days" and its true, why we even went in for him is beyond me, average pre injury.

I remember telling my friend that as soon as Smith gets the ball he's gonna waste it, Milner passed it to him and he made a sliding tackle without anyone being anywhere near the ball and kicked it back to Mallorca..he still hasn't had a single shot on Goal..

I can't believe that were not trying to sell him, he's not even TRYING to do anything..

I wouldn't be surprised if we were trying to move him on tbf.

I'd be amazed if we weren't trying to get rid of him. Amazed then angry.

It's a long shot but here's hoping.....

Sunderland boss Roy Keane says he still wants to sign three more players, including a "top striker". (PA, 1936 BST)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7539408.stm

We need someone who can sell snow to Eskimos because that's what it will take to offload Smith.

KEVIN Keegan backed Alan Smith after the striker's long run without a goal continued in Newcastle United's 1-0 defeat to Real Mallorca.

Smith was Keegan's only fit forward going into the Mallorca Summer Cup game at Palma's ONO Estadi.

And the 27-year-old and his team-mates drew a blank for the third successive game.

But Keegan has no doubt that Smith – whose last competitive goal was for Manchester United in their 7-1 demolition of Roma in March last year – brings a lot to his team.

He told the Gazette: "We're down to one foward, but the one thing you know with Alan Smith is that he's always going to work hard."

Keegan was without around half his senior players for the Mallorca game, and he is optimistic he will have a number of them back in time for the season opener at Old Trafford on August 17.

He added: "I can't fault their attitude. I had 11 players who weren't available. We weren't without our problems.

"I wasn't going to risk anybody, or do anything silly."

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/KK-still-backing-goalshy-Alan.4354749.jp

The only reason the Mancs loved him is because he hardly ever played, and when he did he tried hard, normally when Man U were 3-0 up in a game or something. Furthermore, at United they have 9 other excellent outfield players at any time, As we have roughly 1 or 2 really top quality players, his shitness cannot be excused/made up for. If he had played regularly for Man U and didn't have Rooney/Ronaldo et al banging in goals/setting them up, I bet the case would have been different.

Furthermore, I think they liked him as an up yours signs to the Yorkshire folk.

He's always been dogshit. Each day that goes by without us siging a new centre forward, knowing Viduka is going to be out for the first month or so, makes me want to watch the start of the season less. If he plays, and it looks like he will, then we automatically have no points from the first few games. That's how bad he is, I genuinely believe he single handedly denies us victories.

So many players have had career threatening injuries and have come back just as good or adapted. Shearer and Owen anyone? Fair enough it was a horrendous injury but something's got to give. You can't continue to pick a player who everybody in the stadium thinks is complete kack. If he even got near scoring a goal I wouldn't mind, but he just kicks everybody, loses the ball or passes it backwards/off the pitch.

Honestly the single shittest player we've had in my time as a fan.

Nowhere near the shittest player to play for NUFC - if you think that you've got selective memory or you haven't been a fan for very long.

Smith doesn't deserve to be in the team, simple as. He used to be a useful player, but has suffered a massive loss of form and confidence, the latter being crucial in the forward positions. It may take a move to another club to get that back, if he can ever get it back.

He played over 90 times for Ferguson at Man Utd - to see he is shit and has always been shit is bollocks.

If he starts, I will support him. Problem is I'm not sure that all fans (at the home games at least) will have a similar view. I don't understand why a lot of fans don't see a very obvious point - booing him in the original readout of the team or if he misplaces a pass early on is not going to do anything except damage confidence even further. Fair enough come on these boards and rant about how crap he is, or mouth of to the Chronicle or something, but when the whistle blows it serves no purpose whatsover to boo one of your own players, simple as.

Guest Coubury

He is terrible he better not start against Man Ure

he cant shoot cant pass poor postioning everything about his game is shite

he just seems to have lost any ability he had.