Alan Smith

tmonkey

If we're going to be paying his wages anyway, then keep in here. Keep him playing no football. He wants to stay and milk the last part of his contract...fine. But lets not do him any further favours by giving him a team to play in.

Fuck em.

That's a bit harsh. You can say what you like about Smith on the pitch but off it he's conducted himself well. You can't blame him for the obscene amount of cash we've thrown at him. I'd much rather he was away getting games than rotting on our bench.

If we're going to be paying his wages anyway, then keep in here. Keep him playing no football. He wants to stay and milk the last part of his contract...fine. But lets not do him any further favours by giving him a team to play in.

Fuck em.

That's a bit harsh. You can say what you like about Smith on the pitch but off it he's conducted himself well. You can't blame him for the obscene amount of cash we've thrown at him. I'd much rather he was away getting games than rotting on our bench.

Like I say "fine" if he wants to see out the last few months or so. But harsh? If the lad wanted to conduct himself well he would have left for football ages ago. But he's chosen to play fuck all (and knowing this is the case) so fuck em.

If he's such a model pro he would have went where the games are. He didn't...he chose to sit on the sidelines. He's not paid to be just a diplomat. He's paid to be a footballer...which he's failed at. And by his own choice.

Fuck em.

Would you leave your job of £60k a week if you'd struggle to get half of that elsewhere? Because I bloody well wouldn't, especially if I was approaching the end of what is in football a relatively short career.

Smith's done nowt wrong. He's shit, but he's never caused the club any trouble on or off the pitch and always gave 100%. I can name dozens of ex-players who I'd wish ill on ahead of him. I'll be glad when he's off the books because it'll free up a large sum of money but at the end of the day the club wrote out the contract, he just signed his name at the bottom.

f*** em.

Like I say "fine" if he wants to see out the last few months or so. But harsh? If the lad wanted to conduct himself well he would have left for football ages ago. But he's chosen to play f*** all (and knowing this is the case) so f*** em.

If he's such a model pro he would have went where the games are. He didn't...he chose to sit on the sidelines. He's not paid to be just a diplomat. He's paid to be a footballer...which he's failed at. And by his own choice.

f*** em.

Would you leave your job of £60k a week if you'd struggle to get half of that elsewhere?

Joking, right?

I'd be expected to do my f***ing job. I know that much.

Love the fact you think 30k a week would be a sacrifice :yao:

How about in the real world: Would you leave your job of £30k a year if you'd struggle to get half of that elsewhere?

Fuck em.

Like I say "fine" if he wants to see out the last few months or so. But harsh? If the lad wanted to conduct himself well he would have left for football ages ago. But he's chosen to play fuck all (and knowing this is the case) so fuck em.

Fuck em.

Would you leave your job of £60k a week if you'd struggle to get half of that elsewhere?

Joking, right?

I'd be expected to do my fucking job. I know that much.

Love the fact you think 30k a week would be a sacrifice :yao:

As I say, as far as I'm aware Smith has never refused to play for us. He can only do his job if he's called upon by the management.

£30k a week is a huge drop when you've been earning twice that. Christ, I'm not trying to justify the daft wages we're paying him but at least look at the situation logically. Why the fuck would he leave to earn less than he is now, especially when he's approaching the end of his career? Would you leave your job to go and do the same thing for half the salary? I thought not.

As I've said I've nothing against Smith. He hasn't acted unscrupulously or fucked the club over in the way many other players have. He's shit and he's cost a bomb but that's about it.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/27/article-2092876-0D6BE18200000578-994_468x286.jpg

Caption competition time.

(The Mail's attempt, "Window of opportunity: Alan Smith looks set to end his spell at Newcastle").

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/27/article-2092876-0D6BE18200000578-994_468x286.jpg

(The Mail's attempt, "Window of opportunity: Alan Smith looks set to end his spell at Newcastle").

The reflection has scored as many as the object. FACT!!!1111!!!

I think I've played football before. Hmmm.

Fuck this argument.

Poor Alan Smith on 60K a week :( Why should he even try playing football if he has to play for 30K a week. Poor lad. We should chip in for him.

BTW: The short career bollocks is a phrase from a time long gone when footballers earned fuck all. It means nowt now.

I happen to think they deserve a good slice of the business/club they are integral to the success of. But I'm not shedding tears for a 'footballer' who has made no desire of playing football.

Bingo. We're talking about a multi-millionaire who's been paid thousands of pounds every week for the last 10 years. He's not skint, he's not struggling for cash, he's been paid circa £14m from NUFC alone since he signed for us. If he's still putting money before playing football then he's a greedy cunt. He values earning money above actually playing football.

He's scum. 

f*** this argument.

Poor Alan Smith on 60K a week :( Why should he even try playing football if he has to play for 30K a week. Poor lad. We should chip in for him.

BTW: The short career bollocks is a phrase from a time long gone when footballers earned f*** all. It means nowt now.

I happen to think they deserve a good slice of the business/club they are integral to the success of. But I'm not shedding tears for a 'footballer' who has made no desire of playing football.

Not saying it's right, but a lot of professional football players get in financial trouble later in their career. They've earned a lot of money early in their life, but they've also grown used to this income and have a spending habit to match. Then, their income drops substantially and they have the rest of their lives to live on whatever remains. This requires a lot of financial discipline, which most football players lack if you ask me, which is not even taking into account all the leaches that surround them and take money off them.

Not sure if this applies to Alan Smith in particular, and certainly not meant to read as justification for the extreme wages footballers earn nowadays, but to simply state they earn a more in a year than most of us do in our lifetime so what's a few 10k/week more or less to them is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

f*** this argument.

BTW: The short career bollocks is a phrase from a time long gone when footballers earned f*** all. It means nowt now.

Bingo. We're talking about a multi-millionaire who's been paid thousands of pounds every week for the last 10 years. He's not skint, he's not struggling for cash, he's been paid circa £14m from NUFC alone since he signed for us. If he's still putting money before playing football then he's a greedy c***. He values earning money above actually playing football.

He's scum. 

Remember Assou-Ekotto coming out a year ago or so saying he had lost the love for the game and was only in it for the money. Oh, how everybody though the honesty was refreshing. Can't remember anybody calling him money grabbing scum.  :undecided: