Alan Smith

tmonkey

NUFC are now £3m a year better off.

More than, if you include Lovenkrands and Guthrie who are now both also out of contract. Nearer 5m I'd say.

Aye but at least we actually got some benefit out of the money from those two now and again, however marginal you think it might have been.

Smith's money, we might as well have burned it.

NUFC are now £3m a year better off.

More than, if you include Lovenkrands and Guthrie who are now both also out of contract. Nearer 5m I'd say.

Aye but at least we actually got some benefit out of the money from those two now and again, however marginal you think it might have been.

Smith's money, we might as well have burned it.

Guthrie's role this past season was well more than marginal tbf.

What a fucking fraud of a footballer this bloke is though, really. I honestly thought he was pants when he was supposed to be good and wasn't at all pleased when we spent £6 million on him.

But I never, ever expected him to be as monumentally and categorically useless as he has been. Without doubt the worst signing and worst overall player I've seen in my short time watching NUFC.

What a fucking fraud of a footballer this bloke is though, really. I honestly thought he was pants when he was supposed to be good and wasn't at all pleased when we spent £6 million on him.

But I never, ever expected him to be as monumentally and categorically useless as he has been. Without doubt the worst signing and worst overall player I've seen in my short time watching NUFC.

Worse than Marcelino?

Worse than Marcelino?

Yep, easily.

Reasons why Butt was less shit than Smith:

Butt had a good season and a half for us compared with Smith's good games which can be counted on one hand

Butt actually scored some competitive goals for NUFC

Butt cost less money

Butt did that overhead kick

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Butt had a decent season and a few decent games now and then, much better than Smith.

Butt was far worse.  At least Smith gave a decent account for himself in the Championship.

Butt had good games in the top flight and didn't cost us a transfer fee. He was 35 by the time the Championshit season came around.

Smith is comfortably the worst and his abilities in the Championship are far overplayed. We only started playing well once we fucked him off.