Alan Smith

tmonkey

Geremi had a good game last night (apart from his set pieces)

The corner that bounced twice before reaching the box was something to behold :lol:

his corners were awful and his attempts to dribble past opponents pathetic, but i think he tried hard, kept on running and overall i was pleased with him.

of course, this doesn't mean we shouldn't sell him at the first opportunity.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah he did, he got in the way of Martins, fouled Campbell and still fell over, then in the dying minutes we were on the break, and Smith is second furthest forward, and he strolls about the centre circle. Feel harsh on the kid, but fucking hell. Still can't believe we signed him, everyone wanted a creative midfielder to replace Dyer, and we get this cunt.

am i the only one who think that Smithy just didn't do anything when he came on?

:blush:

He came on?

ye i couldn't miss that fucking blondie head on the pitch  :lol: :lol:

Yeah he did, he got in the way of Martins, fouled Campbell and still fell over, then in the dying minutes we were on the break, and Smith is second furthest forward, and he strolls about the centre circle. Feel harsh on the kid, but fucking hell. Still can't believe we signed him, everyone wanted a creative midfielder to replace Dyer, and we get this cunt.

:lol:

Baggio you might laugh, but that is exactly what he did, if he had have ran when Owen had the ball we could have played easier balls to break Pompy down, rather than Owen going for a 30 yard ball, we might have scored.

Fuck that actually this is Alan Smith, he would have controlled the ball, fouled Kanu who wasn't even on the pitch, got booked for his 10th of the season, and got suspended for his next game, which is argubly better than 2 points.

Baggio you might laugh, but that is exactly what he did, if he had have ran when Owen had the ball we could have played easier balls to break Pompy down, rather than Owen going for a 30 yard ball, we might have scored.

Fuck that actually this is Alan Smith, he would have controlled the ball, fouled Kanu who wasn't even on the pitch, got booked for his 10th of the season, and got suspended for his next game, which is argubly better than 2 points.

sack the board for buying him ?

What a wonderfully pointless comment.

What a wonderfully pointless comment.

thats always been the case hasn't it ? It's been pointlessly pointed out a number of times previously. No difference whatsoever.

:lol: I can imagine. Like when he came on against Fulham, and i mentioned it in the post-match thread aswell, he came on and had a near-post header from a corner. Headed it away from goal, literally away, as in back out of the penalty area.

The only purpose the man has is if it's 85 minutes, we're hanging onto a lead, our midfield are knackered and our defense is a bit shaky - and we sit him infront of the backline as the clock runs down, just to hassle em up a bit and add a bit of energy. Even then it's risky, with fouls in and around the box.

He genuinely is a worse signing than the likes of Luque, Boumsong and Marcelino. That's not even an exaggeration. Dire footballer.

Should have put Duff on. If for no other reason that I had him as last goalscorer. :lol:

Seriously though, would have been a better bet to nick it late on than Smith.

I think he should be giving Carroll some time playing to be honest. Pressure off, straight swap etc

Here we go again. Obviously Baggio and Mick will have started this board argument again though :jesuswept:

I can't really think of a more unpopular player in recent memory than Smith. Even Luque, Boumsong, Dyer, Bowyer et al had people who defended them. Nobody likes Alan Smith.

They had an ounce of ability, and in the case of Luque & Boumsong had been a success before they joined so there was always the hope they could turn it around here. Smith on the otherhand, has been average all his career, 80% knew when he signed he was a poor player, and has done naff all to prove us wrong.