Alan Smith

tmonkey

Smith would probably be quality in the SPL, works hard as f*** and the quality is bad enough up there that he might actually score a few.

5 a season up there perhaps. Celtic wanted Carr last season, scottish football's a fucking joke

Guest sicko2ndbest

RANGERS plan a £5million bid for Toon misfit Alan Smith.

And Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan is weighing up a swoop for West Ham striker Dean Ashton.

Ex-England star Smith, 27, (left) has failed to nail a regular starting spot under Keegan and has struggled since his £6m switch from Manchester United last August.

He was at Sunday’s Old Firm derby and Gers boss Walter Smith is set to test the water with a £5m bid at the end of the season.

But Toon sources say Smith’s £60,000-a-week wages could be a stumbling block for the Scottish champions.

Keegan wants Ibrox defender Carlos Cuellar and will push for a swap deal to land the Spaniard.

The Toon chief also has Ashton, 24, and Everton left-back Leighton Baines on his summer wish-list.

Ashton scored against Toon in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Upton Park.

Ashton in Smith out!!!

I would jump at that to be honest.

Not seen much of Cuellar, plus I am dubious about signing a highly rated Rangers defender(I wonder why?)

Not sure if we need Baines, I think Enrique has settled well in 2008 after a run of games. Rather get a young gun in as his cover, but hey, if we can get Baines in on the cheap and doesn't grumble at being back up then great!!

Guest teepee

talking to some west ham fans they hold that carlton cole has been better than ashton for them this season - and we all know what a great footballer cole is :D

as for smith to rangers for 5m - that would be the best deal we've made in years - maybe they'll also take barton!

Guest Mucky01

£60,000 a week! Rangers wont pay that and Smith wont take a pay cut.

at last someone with a sense of reality!

I can't see Smith going anywhere.

He'll be used in the Carling Cup, against much lesser teams in the FA Cup and I can honestly see him turning into a Carr/Babayaro type player who will probably either rot away in the reserves or be sent out on loan until his contract expires simply due to his wages and Keegan seeing him for what he is.