Alan Smith

tmonkey

I'm not blaming the board for the fact we have obsolete striking options.

I'm blaming them because we've had all summer to sort it out and it hasn't been, simple as that. There are teams out there who would pay £3m for Shola and there are teams out there who'd pay a similar amount for Smith

I'm blaming them because we've had all summer to sort it out and it hasn't been, simple as that. There are teams out there who would pay £3m for Shola and there are teams out there who'd pay a similar amount for Smith

If there are, then why haven't they?

If they show a genuine interest then I don't see why the board wouldn't engage in discussions over a potential sale.

Don't see how it's the board's fault. But then some people will try and blame them for everything and anything.

Guest shearer_united

I agree, we have yet to get a striker we can fully rely on - the strong, big bodied striker (i.e. Shearer, Berbatov, etc)

Priority i think is for us to get rid of Ameobi, get rid of viduka the year after that and get a striker now as insurance for the future.

Wtf? First of all, it was well documented that several clubs have had offers for Shola accepted, but he simply won't budge - how's that our fault? As for Smith... erm, who the fuck has made an offer for him then? So it's the board's fault for: 1, not being able to change free will of a human being. and 2, not making other clubs bid for our players.

???

If there are, then why haven't they?

If they show a genuine interest then I don't see why the board wouldn't engage in discussions over a potential sale.

Don't see how it's the board's fault. But then some people will try and blame them for everything and anything.

come on, you cant tell me that teams out there wouldn't pay at least a couple of million for those two. I just believe we've written off our striking options as adequate and left it at that, hoping that Owen and Viduka stay fit and Smith/Ameobi stop pretending to be footballers

Wtf? First of all, it was well documented that several clubs have had offers for Shola accepted, but he simply won't budge - how's that our fault? As for Smith... erm, who the f*** has made an offer for him then? So it's the board's fault for: 1, not being able to change free will of a human being. and 2, not making other clubs bid for our players.

???

being on first name terms with Shola for a while I know that if the guy knew he wasn't wanted he'd fuck off, no question. No way he'd drag his heels unless convinced he had a job to do here. As for Smith, he's ex Man U, played for England as recently as last season, you dont think if we made him available teams wouldn't bite?

Wtf? First of all, it was well documented that several clubs have had offers for Shola accepted, but he simply won't budge - how's that our fault? As for Smith... erm, who the f*** has made an offer for him then? So it's the board's fault for: 1, not being able to change free will of a human being. and 2, not making other clubs bid for our players.

???

being on first name terms with Shola for a while I know that if the guy knew he wasn't wanted he'd fuck off, no question. No way he'd drag his heels unless convinced he had a job to do here. As for Smith, he's ex Man U, played for England as recently as last season, you dont think if we made him available teams wouldn't bite?

Player in last year of contract, no extension discussions.

Bids accepted for said player.

How black and white does he want it spelt out that he has no future here?

Guest elbee909

Been reading Toffeeweb forum and apparently Smith has only looked shit because everyone fails here, he was played in the wrong position and our training is shit  :laugh:. Hey, whatever gets him out of here!

Okay, he can replace Lee Carsley.  Thanks.

Been reading Toffeeweb forum and apparently Smith has only looked s*** because everyone fails here, he was played in the wrong position and our training is s***  :laugh:. Hey, whatever gets him out of here!

Okay, he can replace Lee Carsley.  Thanks.

That is some of their opinions actually :lol:.

???

being on first name terms with Shola for a while I know that if the guy knew he wasn't wanted he'd f*** off, no question. No way he'd drag his heels unless convinced he had a job to do here. As for Smith, he's ex Man U, played for England as recently as last season, you dont think if we made him available teams wouldn't bite?

I'm really confused about the Shola situation, why hasn't he moved ? Is it him or the club. I agree with Ronaldo, if we put Shola on the transfer list, I'm sure he would go. Got the feeling though that he has been told he still has a chance here. Where I disagree with Ronaldo here is the amount, I would puthim out there for 1 million I would even accept half of that if we didn't get anyone to bite, the likes of Hull, Fulham, Stoke, Norwich and Ipswich I think would take him. And he would go if we placed him on the transfer list.

I made a point earlier in the close season about the need to be pretty agressive at getting rid of the dead wood. I argued that we should make players available for bargain prices to generate interest and get rid. I would put Smith out there for 1 - 1.5 mill, if we did and made it clear to him that he had no future with us, then he would go in a shot, some foolish team would write us a cheque. OK so we loose 5 million on our initial investment but we save 10 million on his wages.

Bottom line is, if we were really serious about getting rid of either or both, I think we could. I tend to agree with Ronaldo, someone either Ashley, Jimenez/Wise or Keegan has made the decision that our striking options are adequate.

Guest Sniffer

ameobi hasn't moved because he wants to milk us for as long as he possibly can probably until his contract runs out. Not that difficult to understand really.

ameobi hasn't moved because he wants to milk us for as long as he possibly can probably until his contract runs out. Not that difficult to understand really.

na, he's not moved because someone within our hierarchy in unable to go out there and find a replacement.

na, he's not moved because someone within our hierarchy in unable to go out there and find a replacement.

Roeder was on Sky Sports news the other day and said the club won't mind people knowing they've put Shola up for sale but Norwich can't afford him.

He could have gone to Stoke but turned them down, Ipswich were in for him and said they never heard back from his agent.

He's here to sit on the final year of his contract.

Guest Sniffer

I disagree. Ameobi had the opportunities to move. If he wanted to go, the clubs would've found a a way.....like a pound a week.

Roeder was on Sky Sports news the other day and said the club won't mind people knowing they've put Shola up for sale but Norwich can't afford him.

He could have gone to Stoke but turned them down, Ipswich were in for him and said they never heard back from his agent.

He's here to sit on the final year of his contract.

If someone had told him he was surplus to requirements he would have left, no doubt in my mind

Guest Sniffer

If ameobi doesn't think he's surplus to requirements then you and him are the only two who aren't aware of it.

I dont know how much of this thread you've read but I made it quite clear that I think Ameobi is a waste of space and very much surplus to requirements. Stop diving in with two feet.

If the club had told Ameobi he wouldn't be a part of their plans this season he would have left, i'm sure of it. But I think there's been a lot of indecision behind the scenes and as a result we're left with 2 donkeys

Tabloid talk of a move to Everton seems unlikely, given our current injury, fitness and recruitment issues, which means he looks being "wor Al" for some time to come.

On that basis we're resolving to accentuate the positive where Smith is concerned and give him every possible encouragement on the field.

You're welcome to join us - and hopefully he might respond by even having the odd shot when in the vicinity of the opposition goal...

Not rallying support as such. A veiled request to not boo when his name is read out on Wednesday. Quite right too.

Guest neesy111

Has a player ever been booed simply for being absolutely shite before, with no off the field factors coming into play?

viana v wolves, afta tht stinker in marseille