Alan Smith

tmonkey

Understandable I guess. If I was Smith I'd probably do the exactly same thing. I'm fully aware that I'm a fucking crap footballer and would be found out in no time at Everton too.

So my options are...

1. Sit on the bench at Newcastle. Earn 60k a week and admire Coloccini's beautiful hair. He might even let me touch it. Might get a game every now and then.

2. Sit on the bench at Everton. Earn 30k a week and admire Neville's hair. Might get a game every now and then.

Guest geordienorway

120 Big Willie // Aug 8, 2008 at 13:34

He is a direct replacement for Smith and is currently playing abroad.

He has not been mentioned in any of todays newspapers both national and local.

Derdiyok?

He is a direct replacement for Smith and is currently playing abroad.

As long as he isn't direct replacement in terms of ability as well.

That would be hard like, sticking a tree upfront would get us more goals than Smith.

Let's discuss ways in which Alan Smith might get murdered in an alternative universe. I'll start the ball rolling:

a pick axe up the arse. The blow would be delivered by an 8ft alien with abnormally large biceps. Called Kev.

what the hell.we are listening to a user called BIG WILLE who is probably 8 years old

posters like you piss me off more than people who just come on the internet and tell lies. stop thinking you're the one true voice of reason, we've all got bull shit filters aswell you know, its just speculation, why are you so bothered?

Guest Mucky01

Everton have got a cheek trying to buy a player they must of known they cannot afford to match his wages, was always a non starter in my eyes.

option 1 - Everton up their terms to match his wedge.

option 2 - we compensate the shortfall (unlikely).

option 3 - deal off (likely outcome) – aaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Everton have got a cheek trying to buy a player they must of known they cannot afford to match his wages, was always a non starter in my eyes.

Not that unlikely if he wont go we could get 40,000 a week off the wage bill.

Guest Mucky01

Not that unlikely if he wont go we could get 40,000 a week off the wage bill.

judging by the speed he returned to us I seriously doubt it. Everton are to blame for this as they could never afford Smith.

Guest Mucky01

bare in mind as Smith hasn’t asked for a move he is probably due a £million from us anyway from this deal. Unless we touted him around offering to pay the shortfall (like Albert Luque) at the start of this deal then Everton are well out of order for not been able to match his wages.

Guest Mucky01

I am with Ashly with this one Smith is well pretty bad to say at least so it is better to get rid in any money we can find....

wishfull thinking, shall we start a whip round?

Newcastle still confident of Eren Derdiyok's arrival

Friday 08 August 2008 - 14:15:44 - Click to post or view

Kevin Keegan has promised the fans that he is confident of announcing a couple of new arrivals before the transfer window closes, and according to a source close to the club, one of them is Eren Derdiyok.

The young Basle striker has been at the top of Keegan's list all summer and he made an early bid for the Switzerland international to test the waters.

Since the end of the European Championships Newcastle have kept in constant touch with Derdiyok's agent trying to ascertain the minimum price Basel would accept and they will soon be putting in their final bid.

Keegan told reporters: "You don't get all the players you want, and that includes the very top sides. It's the same for everybody.

"But I'm sure in the next two weeks we will see at least two signings coming in - that's my feeling.

"Nothing's 100 per cent, however, and we're all looking at the same players. They are all good players, and because of that a lot of clubs want them."

He is quietly confident that his new bid will be accepted and the only other serious interest was from Fenerbahce, and they have dropped out the running after being put off by Basel's price. Keegan isn't, as he values him highly, and will pay the going price.

Don't expect Keegan to give anything away however, as he likes to keep things under wraps until everything is sewn up, but my source says that he is quite excited about this one.

Secret striker revealed?

http://footylatest.com/news/news.php?extend.1523

I wont believe it till its on wikipedia though.

Diggin the Big Will drama.

Can I get a link please?

Regarding Smith ... I reckon the fact we are allowing him to leave for only £2 million should mean that Everton really ought to be able to afford his wages. We know he isn't worth 2 pence but still in a day and age where Chopra was worth £5 million we could have easily asked that much for Smith.

Everton just trying to scrounge even more money I think.

I really hope this works out in the end.