Alan Smith

tmonkey

interesting, if villa & everton are considered to have the best starting 11's outside the top four i've just cheered the fuck up

we're 2 signings away from having a starting 11 that will make both of them a joke

as big a joke as people honestly believing spurs don't have the 5th best team really but that's a moot point....

Spurs defiently have the 5th best team in the leauge anyone who says different is a spa

They don't have the 5th best team until they prove it. They probably had the best team on paper last season aswell.

Spurs defiently have the 5th best team in the leauge anyone who says different is a spa

They've got good players, but most are flawed, and this can breed inconsistency, that a team with good spirit and an inkling of abilty, such as Everton or Villa last season can beat.

They've got good players, but most are flawed, and this can breed inconsistency, that a team with good spirit and an inkling of abilty, such as Everton or Villa last season can beat.

what, THE FUCK, are you two on about?  5th best team is the 5th best team, in the same way as we had the best team and finished 2nd once...

proving it means fuck all...(in a sense)

how can you sit and type that spurs having easily the best squad of players outside the top 4 doesn't mean they're the 5th best team?  mental

and none of that is to mention villa, i mean villa?  REEEEALLY?  does anyone consider them that good?  pitiful

Spurs have great players... up top and in the midfield. But their defence stinks and they haven't accomplished anything. They finished 3 points in front of us last season ffs. They'll be fifth best when they prove it.

Everton on the other hand aren't all that impressive on paper, but they're a tough team to beat.  Their backline trumps Spurs, Portsmouth, and Villa.

Guest Christian Hayne

do u think if smith is on the move to everton, that maybe keegan has a replacement already lined up ready to sign?

do u think if smith is on the move to everton, that maybe keegan has a replacement already lined up ready to sign?

Nope, i think hes going due to him being shit and being on big wages.

Guest Thomo

Definately, I also think that Shola will be away as well, we have to remember that Duff, Milner and Jonas can also play up front, I honestly believe that this time tomoorow, David Healy will be a Newcastle player, I rate him better than Smith so iam pleased.

Yeah, I do.

It's a house of cards... Johnson to Fulham, Smith to Everton, X to Newcastle. With Rangers out of Europe, maybe Cuellar is coming in. Faye going out.

Definately, I also think that Shola will be away as well, we have to remember that Duff, Milner and Jonas can also play up front, I honestly believe that this time tomoorow, David Healy will be a Newcastle player, I rate him better than Smith so iam pleased.

i'm drunk, what are you? 

The email thread to a mate at work when I read the news:

Subject: The greatest transfer coup of 2008

Update: Thursday brought unconfirmed media claims that Alan Smith had travelled to Merseyside for a medical with Everton - verification/denial of this is awaited.

Yes! YES YESSS!

Reply from him (he's an Arsenal fan):

Watch him be used as a proper striker and have a 30 goal season.

----

Do people who're unfamiliar with him actually hold this view? Fascinating. Explains why someone's actually ready to pay us money for him. :D

Incidnetally, when I said Spurs have the best XI outside the top four, I didn't mean they had the best team outside the top four.

They had the best XI last year but weren't anywhere near the best team. Everton had a relatively uninspiring first XI but were a very good team.

There's a difference.

right, dunno whether to put this in the media hating Newcastle thread, or in here. 

Anyway the Mail (sadly not Steve [i ate too many] Curry(/ies) ) have decided to turn the possible departure of this lump of shit into another "Keegan and Ashley dispute"

Apparantly Ashley wants aforementioned lump of shit off the wage bill, whereas for whatever strange reason, Keegan wants to keep said lump of shit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1042736/Keegan-Ashley-row-Everton-Smith.html

right, dunno whether to put this in the media hating Newcastle thread, or in here. 

Anyway the Mail (sadly not Steve [i ate too many] Curry(/ies) ) have decided to turn the possible departure of this lump of shit into another "Keegan and Ashley dispute"

Apparantly Ashley wants aforementioned lump of shit off the wage bill, whereas for whatever strange reason, Keegan wants to keep said lump of shit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1042736/Keegan-Ashley-row-Everton-Smith.html

I was just about to post that. :D

Haha tossers, using Keegan's quotes from last night to bring up another bullshit story.