Alan Smith

tmonkey

Guest Christian Hayne

i just can't see why we would need to wait for confirmation of smiths move to everton, if both players have already signed according to the person on NUFC BLOG?

we would have already entered a contract of agreement with those players and clubs, unless smiths move to everton allows us to actually sign the second player.

do we even know if smiths move to everton is actually true?

Big Willie // Aug 6, 2008 at 12:52

Smith wont be taking any part in tonights game, an offer has been accepted and he was informed of this at the training ground this morning.

:shifty:

Lucky guess?

I don't know like, everything he is saying could quite feasibly be true. It makes sense that the delay in announcing Colo is because of another signing.

This Big Willie character got the Smith thing right, and claims to have a source at the training ground.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

ok lets assume this is true, what i dont understand is why they'd wait for smith to leave to announce two signings, why?

I don't know, maybe we need the money from the Smith sale as we weren't planning on buying a striker this summer?

All I know is, something doesn't add up. Coloccini has been a Newcastle player since Wednesday according to Deportivo, so why haven't we announced him.

It's not totally absurd to suggest that we may be waiting on another deal too.

god i bloody hope not, if 3m is that hard to come by i'm a bit worried

I don't mean that, I mean, what if we weren't planning to buy a striker this summer, but now that Smith is going, we haven't budgeted for one. Hence we maybe need the money from the Smith deal.

I DID NOT mean that we didn't have money to spend elsewhere.

ahh right, that makes a bit more sense then yeah, my fault for mis-understanding

Guest Mucky01

I still can’t see how Everton would match his wages as he is seen as a squad player to the Everton fans and they’re not exactly rich club.

How about he's prepared to cut his wages so he can get on the pitch every now and then?

highly unlikely.

The latest from Big Will

Big Willie // Aug 8, 2008 at 13:01

***LATEST***

2nd signing is on hold as Smith has not agreed terms with Everton, Smith was in training withe 1st team this morning.

The player is awaiting devolpments as terms have been agreed however Newcastle will not sanction the deal while Smith is still on the payroll.

Colocinni was at the training ground this morning with the clubs photographer and photos were taken with KK and wearing a newcastle shirt which will no doubt be the official site soon.

He has since left en route to St James to sign the contract and for more photos to be taken. An official announcement will be in the next couple of hours

It's probably a load of bollocks but who cares; it's Friday, it's nearly time to go home, I'm going to SJP tomorrow, and I'm in an excitable mood. :aww:

Another fan on there now saying Colo was at the training ground as was our mystery striker

It's probably a load of bollocks but who cares; it's Friday, it's nearly time to go home, I'm going to SJP tomorrow, and I'm in an excitable mood. :aww:

Another fan on there now saying Colo was at the training ground as was our mystery striker

The dredlocked fella from the psv game?

The dredlocked fella from the psv game?

Dont think so he wont give a name says he hasnt been mentioned in the press

Probably rubbish like mate

What the hell, it's amusing enough.

Smith has not agreed to the terms initially offered by Everton.

He is willing to join Everton, but until an improved offer is made he will not be moving.

Newcastle have a replacement who has agreed terms and was at the training ground yesterday. The club however will not push through the deal until Smith is off the payroll.

Once piece of good news is that Colocinni was at the training ground this morning for photos and will definately be announced today (next couple of hours)

He is willing to join Everton, but until an improved offer is made he will not be moving.

Newcastle have a replacement who has agreed terms and was at the training ground yesterday. The club however will not push through the deal until Smith is off the payroll.

Once piece of good news is that Colocinni was at the training ground this morning for photos and will definately be announced today (next couple of hours)

wish he would give us a name

Smith must die. That is all.

You can badger big willie all day and he wont tell you until its a done deal.

From what i have been told its a closed shop.

After the modric farce who ever spouts off is sacked!!

Be very carefull willie.

Don’t get carried away

:lol:

just out of curiosity dave, if Smith refuses to leave will you join me in thinking he's an excuse for a human being?

Smith must die. That is all.

Everton will probably up the offer a bit and hopefully Smith will bite his lip and accept. Otherwise he should be playing for the reserves next season.

On the bench.