Ballboys - Cut below

GeordieDazzler

This is because the ball boys are too young and have to pay to be a ball boy, or rather their rich parents do. The sooner we scrap this exercise the better and get some kids in from some of the local clubs who actually understand the game of football the better. Having ball boys that can read the game and know when to be slow and when to be quick could give us a very slight advantage.

There is a lack of talented ball boys coming through at the club. Its been remarked on a few times this season.

I blame the old board for letting this key area become neglected.

I blame them for turning it into a money making exercise at the expense of the team. Needs to be scrapped.

The one in front of me kept fucking standing up so that I couldn't see anything in the Leazes penalty area.

A few swift blows to the back of the head sharp sorted him out, though, but prior to that he was the most keen ballboy I've ever witnessed. Was up and ready for action when the ball wasn't even in his half and was over the boards time and time again, getting nowhere near the ball... bit of a legend until he fell unconcious.

Ha ha I remarked on numerous occasions yesterday that the ball boys were..........terrible.......to put it politely.

There was even a point in stoppage time at the end of the first half where they took ages giving the ball to Zoggy and the whole crowd had a collective go at the ball boy in question..........."howay man give him the feckin baaalll man aaarrrggghhhh!!!!"

I know they are bairns but they should really be told that when Newcastle are pushing for a winner late on and win a corner they should throw the ball towards the corner flag and not to the oppositions keeper which is what happened yesterday.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Noticed this right in front of me when the stupid little fucking charver walked along the advertising board and completely straight past the ball by about 15 yards with one of our players screaming at him.  Anyone notice the charver in the front of the gallowgate throw the ball miles over bywater's head?  What a fucking tool.

This is because the ball boys are too young and have to pay to be a ball boy, or rather their rich parents do. The sooner we scrap this exercise the better and get some kids in from some of the local clubs who actually understand the game of football the better. Having ball boys that can read the game and know when to be slow and when to be quick could give us a very slight advantage.

Any idea how much?

Any idea how much?

Can't say exactly off the top of my head without asking my old mans mate who asked the club about getting this for his bairn, was around about £300 or so but I think this included corp hospitality for the parents.

Guest Knightrider

Aye, 35 quid I think it is. Like Greg said, get lads from local clubs to do it, let them have a half-time match too.

Only bairns btw, some of the abuse they get is bang out of order!

"Anyone notice the charver in the front of the gallowgate throw the ball miles over bywater's head?  What a f****** tool."

aye -  what a tit. we're screaming at Derby to stop timewasting then one of our lot tries to lob the ball to the half way line rather than just chucking it straight to the derby keeper. total clampit.

"Anyone notice the charver in the front of the gallowgate throw the ball miles over bywater's head?  What a f****** tool."

aye -  what a tit. we're screaming at Derby to stop timewasting then one of our lot tries to lob the ball to the half way line rather than just chucking it straight to the derby keeper. total clampit.

I wasn't paying much attention to whether it was a spectator or a ball boy, the ball nearly landed outside the area though.

when did you have to start paying to be a ball boy ? is it summat that Ashely and Mort have brought in ?

seems daft to me. they should just use the under 10's from half decent local clubs. if they rotated them then they'd also get to know what they were doing cos the current crop seem utterly clueless.

Guest Knightrider

when did you have to start paying to be a ball boy ? is it summat that Ashely and Mort have brought in ?

Nope, Freddy Shepherd I think...

I think a severe investigation into the quality of ball boy we are bringing in needs to be undertaken. We are paying millions for foreign ball boys who simply aren't up to standard. Like Fernando Anderson Sanchez from Athletico. He is being paid a reported £45,000 a week and he isn't up to stratch. Promising signs from the academy boy in the north stand however, a bit of pace and delivery on him...