This Liverpool jizzfest.

Optimistic Nut

Benitez has a concrete layout for his teams: Defensive base with hardworking but creative midfield. His philosophy is "not to lose games" in contrast with "winning games" (quoted when valencia won the title).

You can see he has done this at Liverpool and now that he is happy with his defense and how the team plays he has added those attacking components that should make the difference for them.

On another note I thought htey were abysmal on saturday, watched the game in a pub over here and was surprised at how disjointed they were and how bad the defense was for the first goal, three attackers could have nodded that free kick in as they were all unmarked at the back post. If hulse was a bit better and had some back up liverpool could have been on a loser.

Didn't impress me at all.

Bellamy was non-existent :lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

They will do very well , as most people on here are aware - methinks some people should remember the old saying about removing the plank from ones own eye before telling someone else about the dust in theirs...!! Or , perhaps , the Pot & Kettle..

They will do very well , as most people on here are aware - methinks some people should remember the old saying about removing the plank from ones own eye before telling someone else about the dust in theirs...!! Or , perhaps , the Pot & Kettle..

Beside the point. I think everyone expects they will do well, but are questioning why they are rated quite so highly. I read on a number of occassions that Liverpool could push Chelsea all the way this season, and I think it's more than valid to argue with that.

I think it's clear to see now that Liverpool are in no state to push for the title.

They beat Chelsea in the Community Shield so out came all the knee-jerk reactions. You can blag a cup because it's all about 90 minutes but you can't blag a league title, you have to sustain those performances over a season and they're not good enough for that. To finish ahead of Chelsea you need to win nearly every game.

So after 3 or 4 games.

Chelsea flop.

Liverpool flop.

Arsenal flop.

Tottenham flop.

Are we having these Arsenal jizzfest, Chelsea jizzfest, Tottenham jizzfest as well?

To use the first few games results to justify this liverpool jizzfest is truely a kneejerk reaction.

So after 3 or 4 games.

Chelsea flop.

Liverpool flop.

Arsenal flop.

Tottenham flop.

Are we having these Arsenal jizzfest, Chelsea jizzfest, Tottenham jizzfest as well?

To use the first few games results to justify this liverpool jizzfest is truely a kneejerk reaction.

I posted this before they kicked a ball this season so it's not as if I'm basing it on 3 games. I'm basing it on the fact that barring Carragher, Gerrard and one or two others, they're average.

I posted this before they kicked a ball this season so it's not as if I'm basing it on 3 games. I'm basing it on the fact that barring Carragher, Gerrard and one or two others, they're average.

Fair enough sorry for my insinuation. However Carragher has been seriously below par this season and I think Kuyt, Alonso, Finnan, Hyppia, Reina and perhaps Bellamy are all first class footballers.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ridzuan

Before the start of the season,I honestly thought Liverpool would be the closest contender for the Premiership title along with Chelsea but of course now that the season has started,it turns out Manchester United is the club not Liverpool.

There is this mentality amongst the scabby muts of the football media that "It is good for the game" to have a successful Liverpool.

No it is NOT.

Good for the game is the trophies being won by different clubs and NOT by the same 4 ******* clubs.

They have this mentality because they are mostly Man U Liverpoool and Arsenal supporters themselves.

Note the snide comments against Chelsea from them ?

If it was Newcastle (chance'd be a fine thing with this set up) we'd get the same snidiness directed at us (I wish...) :roll:

The most successful period in history for English clubs was when we had teams like Aston Villa, Everton, Spuds, Ipswich etc etc winning trophies in euope. Yes, and Liverpool leading the way - but as part of many.

Not just the sodding 3 teams who have dominated in the same way that Celtic and Rangers were mocked for by THESE SAME HYPOCRITES just a few years back.

• 4 weeks later...