If not Sam, who then?

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Expand. What does Allardyce bring to the table that Moyes, O'Neill, Redknapp & Hughes don't offer to their respective clubs?

neither of those managers woyuld send to wigan,derby,sunderland,boro or fulham with the intention of holding out for a draw.

right now i'd take shearer or jol instead  of allardyce. if ashley is planning on spending serious cashthen we can attract a better manager.

What have Moyes, O'Neill, Redknapp and Hughes all got in common? They've all had TIME!

I've already posted all their respective records, make of it what you will.

n

They have all at one time or another went on the road to a lesser side looking for a draw, all managers do. Oddly enough Allardyce at Bolton used to go to such grounds looking for wins so I don't know what's going on in his head where us on the road are concerned.

Expand. What does Allardyce bring to the table that Moyes, O'Neill, Redknapp & Hughes don't offer to their respective clubs?

neither of those managers woyuld send to wigan,derby,sunderland,boro or fulham with the intention of holding out for a draw.

right now i'd take shearer or jol instead  of allardyce. if ashley is planning on spending serious cashthen we can attract a better manager.

What have Moyes, O'Neill, Redknapp and Hughes all got in common? They've all had TIME!

I've already posted all their respective records, make of it what you will.

n

They have all at one time or another went on the road to a lesser side looking for a draw, all managers do. Oddly enough Allardyce at Bolton used to go to such grounds looking for wins so I don't know what's going on in his head where us on the road are concerned.

at one time or another.......not every time. sometime it may be necessary according to circumstances,not under allardyce though,it's every away game and seemingly a good  few home games.

Guest Knightrider

I saw those records HTT, but I'm not talking about Bolton. I want to know what people expect, and think Allardyce will do which will overcome those managers at their current clubs.

Overcome those managers who despite their time in the job and ability to build a team, are only a few points ahead of us? My answer is time and some extra money.

I saw those records HTT, but I'm not talking about Bolton. I want to know what people expect, and think Allardyce will do which will overcome those managers at their current clubs.

Overcome those managers who despite their time in the job and ability to build a team, are only a few points ahead of us? My answer is time and some extra money.

it's not just the points. think of being lucky snatching points in the last minutes of games where we barely deserved anything. we could quite easily be 10points worse off without complaint.

Guest Knightrider

it's not just the points. think of being lucky snatching points in the last minutes of games where we barely deserved anything. we could quite easily be 10points worse off without complaint.

Ifs and buts. We are as a team exactly where we are in the table.

Likelyhood is though, we'll be 7-8 points behind those in 3 games time, and teams like Spurs and Reading will be closing the gap between the bottom 9 and ourselves.

well i don't think we will be at the end of the season. a mid table finish seems optimistic now. like i said it's not just the points. we are playing no better than the fulhams and wigams of this world and it's probably where we'll finish

I was more than happy to not be playing flamboyant football under Sam. The one and only thing I was looking forward to, under him, was being much a more difficult team to beat. We look no closer to being that kind of team than at any time in our recent history.

Ramos seems to have made Spurs a little bit stronger within weeks so it can be done (and spurs have a team full of lightweights compared to our relative battlers of Barton, Butt and Smith etc).

I just cant see what he seems to be focusing on as a pattern for the team.

Joe Kinnear with statistics and double the number of coaches

Like a good car salesman, he great at selling, and imo HTT thats what youve bought, the pitch, but when you get home and start using the car you realise how shit it is. Take it back, and the salesman will deny all the faults, laugh off his responsibility with a giant grin, point at the paperwork, and after that all youre left with is a confident and cocky salesman who is great at selling shit and you regretting you ever walked into the place.

I can see now why Gartside made those comments about Big Sam after he had left.

Guest Knightrider

Like a good car salesman, he great at selling, and imo HTT thats what youve bought, the pitch, but when you get home and start using the car you realise how shit it is. Take it back, and the salesman will deny all the faults, laugh off his responsibility with a giant grin, point at the paperwork, and after that all youre left with is a confident and cocky salesman who is great at selling shit and you regretting you ever walked into the place.

I did buy into "pitch" but my car is driving OK thankyou very much. It's not a Ferrari no, but I'm happy with it for the time being.

Like a good car salesman, he great at selling, and imo HTT thats what youve bought, the pitch, but when you get home and start using the car you realise how s*** it is. Take it back, and the salesman will deny all the faults, laugh off his responsibility with a giant grin, point at the paperwork, and after that all youre left with is a confident and cocky salesman who is great at selling s*** and you regretting you ever walked into the place.

I did buy into "pitch" but my car is driving OK thankyou very much. It's not a Ferrari no, but I'm happy with it for the time being.

the car is allright but it needs a mechanic to sort it out. the timing is way off and it is spewing out shite all over the place. wont pass it's MOT in this condition but it is easy fixed by someone who has a fucking clue

I'm actually warming to the idea of Shearer as manager. Seems like we need some kind of messiah figure to break our long running curse of bad luck (and sometimes out right shit). I'm sure we'd get attacking, sensible formations from him. Our last two successful managers were both people who had emotional attachments to the club. As a big name ex-player he'd probably be able to bring in some good players and he generally talks sense when he's on Match of the Day. Also there's the comparison of our form when he was assistant manager to Roeder compared with our form with Roeder on his own. Not saying I'm completely sold on the idea, but I can think of positives for Shearer.

I'm actually warming to the idea of Shearer as manager. I'm sure we'd get attacking, sensible formations from him. Our last two successful managers were both people who had emotional attachments to the club. As a big name ex-player he'd probably be able to bring in some good players and he generally talks sense when he's on Match of the Day. Also there's the comparison of our form when he was assistant manager to Roeder compared with our form with Roeder on his own. Not saying I'm completely sold on the idea, but I can think of positives for Shearer.

With Shearer you would get time and goodwill from fans and media.

I've got doubts over his personality (too Souness maybe) for management but he seems switched on enough to know his weaknesses and employ the appropriate people to compensate them.

He'd be stupid to take over before we lose to the big 4 in the next few weeks thogh - and both he and Mike know this (imo of course)

Aye, with only non-relegation fodder left to play! :lol:

This is how tough it is for a manager at Newcastle.

He must:

Play the right team every week.

Play players in their correct positions at all times.

Always go for a win whoever we are playing, home or away.

Always stick to 4-4-2.

Always play exciting attacking football.

Deliver success and as quickly as possible.

Never sign average players.

In short another Kevin Keegan.

It's an impossible job man and the better the manager, the tougher it only becomes.

Pardon me for believing there is no-one out there for us at this moment in time, not until fans lose the chip on their shoulders and gain some fucking humility and understanding anyway.

We are our own worst enemy.  Rant

You make that sound a lot harder than it is. Firstly, Newcastle don't ever truly expect succcess, just crave it, and there is a big difference there IMO. Utilizing your squad to best effect is a bare essential, which you've stretched over three or four points - it's as simple as breathing, tbh. Yes, there will be disputes and slip-ups, but there is absolutely no excuse when the whole world and his wife knows something [and it could be anything] but you insist on playing the team's only real, consistent creative outlet by your own cornerpost [not to name names, or anything ;)]. Y'know, for example. :)

BS has a decent transfer record, and all credit to him for that, but even that [in a sense] is a failing of his. He's a small time charlie, and hasn't realised or appreciated the size or resources of the club. We do not need stop gaps and bargain basement signings [or £6.5m signings who we won't blood when nothing is at risk]! We will get no where [fast or slow!] with them. We are not in danger of winning or losing anything, so there is also no need to try and grind out every performance. It is... beyond ridiculous, honestly. And it's intransigence. It's akin to Souness' vendetta against Robert that cost us the Eufa Cup. It really doesn't bode well IMO, HTT.

Perhaps our Wenger isn't available, but we will not move anywhere with Big Sam, and I would rather the club tried something else, and even repeatedly fail in the short term until something works, than persist with a long-term failure.

I'm actually warming to the idea of Shearer as manager. Seems like we need some kind of messiah figure to break our long running curse of bad luck (and sometimes out right s***). I'm sure we'd get attacking, sensible formations from him. Our last two successful managers were both people who had emotional attachments to the club. As a big name ex-player he'd probably be able to bring in some good players and he generally talks sense when he's on Match of the Day. Also there's the comparison of our form when he was assistant manager to Roeder compared with our form with Roeder on his own. Not saying I'm completely sold on the idea, but I can think of positives for Shearer.

I'd prefer him to a Moyes, Redknapp, Hughes, which would just be a pointless sidestep IMO.

Obviously we get no gaurantees with Shearer, but I don't see where people get the idea that he would be a certain failure.

I'm actually warming to the idea of Shearer as manager. Seems like we need some kind of messiah figure to break our long running curse of bad luck (and sometimes out right s***). I'm sure we'd get attacking, sensible formations from him. Our last two successful managers were both people who had emotional attachments to the club. As a big name ex-player he'd probably be able to bring in some good players and he generally talks sense when he's on Match of the Day. Also there's the comparison of our form when he was assistant manager to Roeder compared with our form with Roeder on his own. Not saying I'm completely sold on the idea, but I can think of positives for Shearer.

I'd prefer him to a Moyes, Redknapp, Hughes, which would just be a pointless sidestep IMO.

Obviously we get no gaurantees with Shearer, but I don't see where people get the idea that he would be a certain failure.

Thats it like. There's no point side stepping and there is no point sacking him before lining up a replacement.

Shearer could work, it might not. Whatever if would benefit the club if he were to take the managerial seat sooner rather than later so we can either count him in or count him out and if out, the following managers wont have him dangling over their heads waiting for failure.

Guest Knightrider

Well I've resigned myself now that he won't be here much longer, too many odds stacked against him. He would literally have to finish in the top 6 to win a lot of people over, including the board I imagine. Ah well, May could be fun. Or even Jan.

Well I've resigned myself now that he won't be here much longer, too many odds stacked against him. He would literally have to finish in the top 6 to win a lot of people over, including the board I imagine. Ah well, May could be fun. Or even Jan.

If he went 442, and palyed players in position and toughed out a few results by sticking to the formation, then he could have the rest of the season.

If he continues to neglect popular opinion of what's wrong right now the formation, selection & tactics and we pick up no points and get battered then he's gone.

thats wrong. everyone knows we are at best "in transition" but sending teams to those mentioned aiming for a draw is shit. i wouldn't mind getting beat off those but the manner of it is what has lost the fans.