Chelsea (away) Pre match thread

NSG

It's really important we keep it tight and make things difficult for Chelsea.  If we keep it tight I'm hoping we can nick a 3-0 defeat.

Given 

Faye Taylor

Beye Rozenhal Cacapa Enrique

Carr Butt Edgar

Geremi

fixed

It's really important we keep it tight and make things difficult for Chelsea.  If we keep it tight I'm hoping we can nick a 3-0 defeat.

Given 

Faye Taylor

Carr Butt Edgar

Geremi

fixed

Aye, Barton's probably in jail, or somewhere....

Here's some certainties for the Chelsea game:

- We'll play for a 0-0 draw

- We'll get our half of that

- We'll have one half where we don't manage a single shot on goal

- We'll not manage more than 2 shots on target in the whole game

- At least 3 (And possibly 5) players will be played out of position even though capable players for that position are available and fit

- Alan Smith will get booked

Sadly none of that has anything to do with the opposition being Chelsea, as it's the same pattern we've witnessed in just about every away game this season so far.

Guest Southern Geordie

The sad thing is, I'd be far more confident with the team and formation Roeder put out last time we went to Stamford Bridge, rather than the inevitable rubbish tomorrow.

The sad thing is, I'd be far more confident with the team and formation Roeder put out last time we went to Stamford Bridge, rather than the inevitable rubbish tomorrow.

Huntington at left-back?

tbf, with Roeder's side, we gave them a good go last year.

Given 

Faye Taylor

Carr Butt Edgar

Barton

:laugh:

What's the squad?

Whoever it takes at LB I want to see Zog on the left midfield and Duff on right midfield and a solid centre in a 4-4-2.

They don't have Drogba and are clever around the box, I think we need footballers at CB not cloggers in this game, players who can read the game, so I'd go with Roz and Cacapa. I don't think Enrique is ready for this league right now and I wouldn't select him.

If we're going to lose this game I want us to lose it while trying to win the bloody thing, it can be done.

So, depending on the squad...

Given

Beye Rozenhal Cacapa (Taylor, Edgar or even bloody Carr if he's fit. I want to see Zog on the left of midfield attacking them)

Duff    Faye      Butt      Zog

Smith Martins

Huntington at left-back?

i was impressed last year. only scored 1 goal and took them 74 minutes, and it was the shitest goal ive ever seen. they didnt look very threatening at all last year, lots of possession but not that many chances considering

Chelsea (from): Cech, Hilario, Belletti, Ferreira, Alex, Ben-Haim, J Cole, Essien, Sidwell, Kalou, Shevchenko, Mikel, Sinclair, Wright-Phillips, Pizarro, Ballack.

Newcastle (from): Given, Harper, Carr, Beye, N'Zogbia, Enrique, Rozehnal, Cacapa, Taylor, Faye, Edgar, Geremi, Butt, Milner, Emre, Duff, Smith, Martins, Viduka, Owen.

My first choice team would be:

Given

Beye  Cacapa  Faye  Enrique

Milner  Butt  Emre  N'Zogbia

Martins  Smith

but I don't think we'll get that, especially away at Chelsea. I can see:

Given

Beye  Faye  Taylor  N'Zogbia

Butt

Milner            Geremi  Duff

Smith

Viduka

Just an interesting post from a Chelsea fan on the main site:

Just in case it’ll make you feel better i thought I’d give you my team sheet of those NOT available for tomorrow

Cudicini

_____ Terry  Carvalho  Cole

Makelele

Essien Lampard

______ Drogba Malouda

Oh! and we haven’t got Mourinho either so if Villa can get 4 goals against us anyone can.

Guest Southern Geordie

Huntington at left-back?

i was impressed last year. only scored 1 goal and took them 74 minutes, and it was the shitest goal ive ever seen. they didnt look very threatening at all last year, lots of possession but not that many chances considering

Exactly. And had to bring on a few of their players for them to score too..

Huntington at left-back?

Exactly. And had to bring on a few of their players for them to score too..

well, thats what im saying. if ever there was a chance for a mediocre team to defeat chelsea at stamford bridge, this is it.

Just an interesting post from a Chelsea fan on the main site:

Just in case it’ll make you feel better i thought I’d give you my team sheet of those NOT available for tomorrow

Cudicini

_____ Terry  Carvalho  Cole

Makelele

Essien Lampard

______ Drogba Malouda

Oh! and we haven’t got Mourinho either so if Villa can get 4 goals against us anyone can.

What's up with Essien? First I've heard of him being out but he's massive for them.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Should be.................................................................................................Will  be.....................

.......................Given...Given

Beye........Tayls........Faye...............Zog.....................................................Beye........Tayls.........Faye...........Zog

Milner.........Butt........Emre..............Duff...........................................................................Butt.........................

..........Viduka................Martins.............................................................................Smith.............Emre..................

.........................../..........................................................................................Milner.....................................Duff...

..............................v....................................................../......................................................Viduka...........................

..........................Pizzaro................................

Kalou.........................................................Cole

...............Obi.......Sidwell.......Essien.....................

Bridge..........Ben Haim.......Alex....................Fereira

.........................Cech.............................................

Chelsea still look strong but not untouchable

Cech>Given

Bridge>Zog

Ben Haim=Taylor

Faye=Alex

Beye=Ferreira

Cole>Milner

Sidwell=Smith

Essien>Emre

Butt=Obi

Duff=Kalou

Viduka>Pizzaro

I think when you match our sides up (remember this is almost our 1st 11) even though many of their team are fringe players, they still have the edge on us. It is going to be an immensely difficult afternoon tomorrow. We have a chance, better than it would have been had they all be availible, but still a small one at that

Come on the toon

Guest iliketoonarmy

Should be.................................................................................................Will  be.....................

.......................Given...Given

Beye........Tayls........Faye...............Zog.....................................................Beye........Tayls.........Faye...........Zog

Milner.........Butt........Emre..............Duff...........................................................................Butt.........................

..........Viduka................Martins.............................................................................Smith.............Emre..................

.........................../..........................................................................................Milner.....................................Duff...

..............................v....................................................../......................................................Viduka...........................

..........................Pizzaro................................

Kalou.........................................................Cole

...............Obi.......Sidwell.......Essien.....................

Bridge..........Ben Haim.......Alex....................Fereira

.........................Cech.............................................

Chelsea still look strong but not untouchable

Cech>Given

Bridge>Zog

Ben Haim=Taylor

Faye=Alex

Beye=Ferreira

Cole>Milner

Sidwell=Smith

Essien>Emre

Butt=Obi

Duff=Kalou

Viduka>Pizzaro

I think when you match our sides up (remember this is almost our 1st 11) even though many of their team are fringe players, they still have the edge on us. It is going to be an immensely difficult afternoon tomorrow. We have a chance, better than it would have been had they all be availible, but still a small one at that

Come on the toon

Good post but the only thing you shouldn't miss is that Grant >>>>>>>>>>>Fucker Sam