NUFC restored as everyones favourite second team

Guest Brazilianbob

Look at Man City. As bad, if not worse than us last season. They have had a good season so far.

Sven is an international class manager and had a year to scout the players he brought in.

Proves that it can be done though. s*** team + Good manager + flair players = Entertaining football

But...there's no comparison mate.

Not now there isn't but before Allardyce and Sven were appointed Newcastle and Man City were in a similar situation.

I can't see us being consistant at all this season, and I think thats not a surprise considering the state of the club at the end of last season.

A state of the club caused by being too patient with managers who were clearly taking us in the wrong direction unfortunately...

There are no teams we should be expecting a result against.

Other mid-table and lower teams can confidently expect a result against us at the moment.

Come one lads. Derby had 6 points, a horrific away record and are clearly finding this level tough.

Did anyone seriously think that we were not going to win that game ?

Guest LucaAltieri

I can't see us being consistant at all this season, and I think thats not a surprise considering the state of the club at the end of last season.

A state of the club caused by being too patient with managers who were clearly taking us in the wrong direction unfortunately...

:lol: :frantic:

I'm not sure patience is the right word. The shit at the club was down to many other factors..

Sadly it looks like Sam is going the same way.

But then, when Sam goes who will come in? People calling for Van Gaal and suchlike are in dreamland.. Expect Mike Newall...

Look at Man City. As bad, if not worse than us last season. They have had a good season so far.

Sven is an international class manager and had a year to scout the players he brought in.

Proves that it can be done though. s*** team + Good manager + flair players = Entertaining football

Not now there isn't but before Allardyce and Sven were appointed Newcastle and Man City were in a similar situation.

They weren't in a similar situation at all, as Sven inherited a good spine of players that takes time to develop, he just needed to wisely add to these players.

Oh bloody hell.

It’s a good few years now but seems our fans still haven’t grasped this whole notion of a being a mid-table team.

There are no teams we should be expecting a result against. Particularly when playing a team like Wigan, who have been good (bar one match) under the new manager, especially when we’re away from home.

Welcome to mid-table mediocrity chaps. Get used to it for the next couple of years. No amount of regime change is going to alter it.

What a load of fuking s***.

Billionaire owner, half decent team, and decent manager, we should be knocking on Europe's door by this time next year, no problem. You could forgive a few for hoping it could even be this year, we should be at least competitive.

In your own words, Billionaire owner, half decent team, and decent manager - the midtable positio is reserved for decent teams!

Seems like you are the one wit What a load of fuking s***.

They weren't in a similar situation at all, as Sven inherited a good spine of players that takes time to develop, he just needed to wisely add to these players.

Dunne, Richards...

Guest LucaAltieri

Just a point about Man City... they're the exception, not the rule. There are very few people that haven't been surprised by how well they've done. The equation isn't as simple as you've made out.

The team has gelled very quickly.

The point about a billionaire owner is fairly moot as well.

1) It matters not until we actually splash the cash.

2) That’s no promise of success either.

3) Any new players will also take time to gel with the team.

Oh bloody hell.

It’s a good few years now but seems our fans still haven’t grasped this whole notion of a being a mid-table team.

There are no teams we should be expecting a result against. Particularly when playing a team like Wigan, who have been good (bar one match) under the new manager, especially when we’re away from home.

Welcome to mid-table mediocrity chaps. Get used to it for the next couple of years. No amount of regime change is going to alter it.

What a load of fuking s***.

Billionaire owner, half decent team, and decent manager, we should be knocking on Europe's door by this time next year, no problem. You could forgive a few for hoping it could even be this year, we should be at least competitive.

In your own words, Billionaire owner, half decent team, and decent manager - the midtable positio is reserved for decent teams!

Seems like you are the one wit What a load of fuking s***.

What are you bumbling about you jumped up moron?

My point is that had we got Sven I think we would be doing a lot better than we are now because of the attacking football he seems to like to play. Look what happened when Newcastle added Robert and Bellamy. A couple of players can make a big difference.

Dunne, Richards...

A team in much better health as well, an owner who has thrown the cash around, a manager who had a year out to find his players and a youth system which created players like Onahua, Island, Etuhu, Johnson and others like Sturridge and that LB coming through.

Dunne, Richards...

...the goalkeepers, Ireland, Hamann, Mpenza, Johnson, Ball.

All these players were already there and would have developed a good understanding of one another in training.

In reality, Sven has added Elano, Corluka and Petrov to an existing squad, and reaped the rewards similarly to how Robson did with Robert and Bellamy.

Spot on.  Any manager that doesn't turn us into a top 6 team within a few months should be sacked.  Fuck continuity, stability, development, team rebuilding and planning for the future.  We demand success now.

Name calling very good. NE5 style posting no good.

Sorry, couldn't understand what tosh you were speaking, not that am that arsed, only i do like to reply to people who quote me, even if they are talking gibberish.

Sorry, couldn't understand what tosh you were speaking, not that am that arsed, only i do like to reply to people who quote me, even if they are talking gibberish.

I think he was trying to say that a team considered half-decent isn't good enough to finish mid-table.

I think he was trying to say that a team considered half-decent isn't good enough to finish mid-table.

Spurs have a half decent squad, Everton have one too, they manage it (Europe) Everton on a shoestring budget nevermind billionaire owner.

Dunne, Richards...

...the goalkeepers, Ireland, Hamann, Mpenza, Johnson, Ball.

All these players were already there and would have developed a good understanding of one another in training.

In reality, Sven has added Elano, Corluka and Petrov to an existing squad, and reaped the rewards similarly to how Robson did with Robert and Bellamy.

Well N'Zogbia, Milner, Emre, Owen, Given, Butt (if you're including Hamann), Oba. Yes he Sam didn't have as much to spend, but he still had a decent amount and didn't replace what he sold, and we're paying for it now.

Guest LucaAltieri

Spurs have a half decent squad, Everton have one too, they manage it (Europe) Everton on a shoestring budget nevermind billionaire owner.

And how long has Moyes been in charge?

And how long has Moyes been in charge?

How long has Sven been in charge?

Evertons first team is great! Better than half decent and their league position proves this.

I know I'd take Yobo, Lescott, Arteta, Cahill, Yakubu, Peinaar, Baines, Vaughan straight away..

Who would they take he other way?

Given, Beye, Owen, Taylor? Emre? Milner? Martins?

I think that is an illustration of the comparative strength of both sides

I still think if we played players in their correct positions and used tactics to play to their strengths then we would have alot more points than we have now, when we consider where we didnt pick up points i.e. Derby etc.