NUFC restored as everyones favourite second team

Guest Brazilianbob

Look at Man City. As bad, if not worse than us last season. They have had a good season so far.

Sven is an international class manager and had a year to scout the players he brought in.

Proves that it can be done though. s*** team + Good manager + flair players = Entertaining football

But...there's no comparison mate.

Not now there isn't but before Allardyce and Sven were appointed Newcastle and Man City were in a similar situation.

They weren't in a similar situation at all, as Sven inherited a good spine of players that takes time to develop, he just needed to wisely add to these players.

Dunne, Richards...

...the goalkeepers, Ireland, Hamann, Mpenza, Johnson, Ball.

All these players were already there and would have developed a good understanding of one another in training.

In reality, Sven has added Elano, Corluka and Petrov to an existing squad, and reaped the rewards similarly to how Robson did with Robert and Bellamy.

Well N'Zogbia, Milner, Emre, Owen, Given, Butt (if you're including Hamann), Oba. Yes he Sam didn't have as much to spend, but he still had a decent amount and didn't replace what he sold, and we're paying for it now.

Ball > N'Zogbia (LB)

Ireland > Milner

Johnson > Emre

Hamann > Butt

Given hasn't made a single good save for weeks, and I'd hardly consider Owen and Martins as being a spine of our team due to the fact that they both play as individuals.

Still people persist with the Sven argument. :lol:

Why can't we? Is it forum rules that we can't use it or something?

Their season so far is the exception rather than the rule. There are several very obvious factors why they are doing significantly better than us. It's not a valid comparison whatsoever.

Guest LucaAltieri

What are you bumbling about you jumped up moron?

Name calling very good. NE5 style posting no good.

Sorry, couldn't understand what tosh you were speaking, not that am that arsed, only i do like to reply to people who quote me, even if they are talking gibberish.

I think he was trying to say that a team considered half-decent isn't good enough to finish mid-table.

Spurs have a half decent squad, Everton have one too, they manage it (Europe) Everton on a shoestring budget nevermind billionaire owner.

And how long has Moyes been in charge?

How long has Sven been in charge?

Look you keep pointing to Man City... first off, we're only half way through the season. The wheels may yet come off. Second, and as I've already pointed out, they are one huge exception. We couldn't have expected to do half as well as they have. Any sensible supporter knew this would be a tough season for both clubs. As it happens Man City have performed well above expection. Doesn't mean we should expect it too.

While I'm on...

Everton under Moyes:

02/03 – 7th (no Europe)

03/04 – 17th (no Europe)

04/05 – 4th (Champion's league)

05/06 – 11th (no Europe)

06/07 – 6th (UEFA)

At what point would he have been sacked as Newcastle manager?

Still people persist with the Sven argument. :lol:

Why can't we? Is it forum rules that we can't use it or something?

Their season so far is the exception rather than the rule. There are several very obvious factors why they are doing significantly better than us. It's not a valid comparison whatsoever.

What like a manager playing players in position, having decent tactics, organised formations and playing for the win?

I can see why this would invalidate any argument.

I still think if we played players in their correct positions and used tactics to play to their strengths then we would have alot more points than we have now, when we consider where we didnt pick up points i.e. Derby etc.

Absolutely. We do have good players who could achieve so much more

Sorry, couldn't understand what tosh you were speaking, not that am that arsed, only i do like to reply to people who quote me, even if they are talking gibberish.

I think he was trying to say that a team considered half-decent isn't good enough to finish mid-table.

Spurs have a half decent squad, Everton have one too, they manage it (Europe) Everton on a shoestring budget nevermind billionaire owner.

Look you keep pointing to Man City... first off, we're only half way through the season. The wheels may yet come off. Second, and as I've already pointed out, they are one huge exception. We couldn't have expected to do half as well as they have. Any sensible supporter knew this would be a tough season for both clubs. As it happens Man City have performed well above expection. Doesn't mean we should expect it too.

While I'm on...

Everton under Moyes:

02/03 – 7th (no Europe)

03/04 – 17th (no Europe)

05/06 – 11th (no Europe)

06/07 – 6th (UEFA)

I mentioned Sven, once, but it thats me keep on mentioned Citeh then i'm very sorry.

I take your point about Moyes second season though, but, he had a dogshit squad and a club on the verge of financial ruin back then.

While I'm on...

Everton under Moyes:

02/03 – 7th (no Europe)

03/04 – 17th (no Europe)

05/06 – 11th (no Europe)

06/07 – 6th (UEFA)

Tbh we can attract a better manager than Moyes (he's average) now that we have new management and a very rich owner

While I'm on...

Everton under Moyes:

02/03 – 7th (no Europe)

03/04 – 17th (no Europe)

05/06 – 11th (no Europe)

06/07 – 6th (UEFA)

Great point.

Time is the most important factor in his success. He signed a lot of carp too. Now they are a good side, easily top 8. Thing is are expectations lower there? Did the fans expect like ours? I doubt it..

I still think if we played players in their correct positions and used tactics to play to their strengths then we would have alot more points than we have now, when we consider where we didnt pick up points i.e. Derby etc.

Agree mate, the Smith thing has swung it though, he put him up front and even though he's not much of a goal threat he's much more effective there than in midfield. So ok, he's recognised a problem and done something about it, good. Maybe he'll now recognise a few more things that every other cunt can see and begin to learn that his football isn't working.

Then he puts him back in midfield. Sums it up for me. mackems.gif

Agree mate, the Smith thing has swung it though, he put him up front and even though he's not much of a goal threat he's much more effective there than in midfield. So ok, he's recognised a problem and done something about it, good. Maybe he'll now recognise a few more things that every other c*** can see and begin to learn that his football isn't working.

He was put back in midfield in a hope he would put in a performance. Sadly the plan backfired. (The point was to prove to those dropped they were not un-droppable- instead it highlighted thier need)

Of course Smith shouldn't be getting near the side, based on recent perfromances, but would you drop the owners vision for the future?

People can apologise for SA as much as they want, truth is, he's under performed and it so have the team and there's only one person to blame, him.

The fans expectations are as low as ever, all we wanted was clear progression, and i think thats not too much to ask for, clearly it is, and while Sam fuks on with his one dimensional football we as a club fall further away from those who are building proper foundations but are also doing the business now.

People cry about give him time. He knew he didn't have time, he said so himself, he went for instant impact as well, don;'t fuking kid yourself he's just playing the long term game, why on earth has he signed so many players at the end of their careers? So their experience would carry them through.

Its all bullshit, stop shovelling it.

Agree mate, the Smith thing has swung it though, he put him up front and even though he's not much of a goal threat he's much more effective there than in midfield. So ok, he's recognised a problem and done something about it, good. Maybe he'll now recognise a few more things that every other c*** can see and begin to learn that his football isn't working.

He was put back in midfield in a hope he would put in a performance. Sadly the plan backfired. (The point was to prove to those dropped they were not un-droppable- instead it highlighted thier need)

Of course Smith shouldn't be getting near the side, based on recent perfromances, but would you drop the owners vision for the future?

If Smith is Ashley's vision of the future then we may as well give up now. Grafters who cant do anything other than graft will get this club nowhere, fact.

They might not match the spending of the big 4 but they have a £20m strike force, some reasonable pricey midfielders and their defence probably cost more to assemble as ours.  Having said that, time is the most important thing Moyes has been given.

Guest LucaAltieri

While I'm on...

Everton under Moyes:

02/03 – 7th (no Europe)

03/04 – 17th (no Europe)

05/06 – 11th (no Europe)

06/07 – 6th (UEFA)

Tbh we can attract a better manager than Moyes (he's average) now that we have new management and a very rich owner

Moyes is most certainly average. I'd rate Allardyce over Moyes any day (and I'm not even an Allardyce fan).

If given enough time Moyes can get his team into Europe then isn't that a case to give Allardyce time, rather than calling for his head after half a season?

EDIT: And we're only sitting 11th FFS. Even with a run of difficult games coming up, the chances of us finding ourselves in a relegation battle are slim.

He could put me in there and hope I put in a good performance, he had enough evidence to suggest Smith was better up front rather than a waste of space in midfield, but no, another thing he seems to ignore in spite of performances from Smith and the team (becuase the team put in it's best performances when Smith was upfront.)

People can apologise for SA as much as they want, truth is, he's under performed and it so have the team and there's only one person to blame, him.

The fans expectations are as low as ever, all we wanted was clear progression, and i think thats not too much to ask for, clearly it is, and while Sam fuks on with his one dimensional football we as a club fall further away from those who are building proper foundations but are also doing the business now.

But are we doing s***? No.

We're in mid table, yes we are inconsistent, yes our football is s*** but we are hardly in turmoil! We were never going to finish above top 8, I'm sorry if this offends people but our squad was never going to be up to it.

Sam inherrited a side full of s***, got rid of the worst, tried to attract the players he needed and did well with some, s*** with others. A couple of players bounced us back, but is it a surprise? Are we an attractive prospect? No. Just look in the three siginings thread. Think realistically who would come? Aimed at no one in particular players like VDV and Diego will never come to a mid table premiership side.

The need now is to work with what we have, provide some stability, attempt to bring in some payers who can do a job, raise our reputation and push us towards europe in a season or two. I seriously doubt cutting off Sam is the right move, look at the clubs doing well, Blackburn, Villa, Everton - all stuck with their managers, even in the harder times and now reaping the rewards. We are last years Aston Villa tbh.

While I'm on...

Everton under Moyes:

02/03 – 7th (no Europe)

03/04 – 17th (no Europe)

05/06 – 11th (no Europe)

06/07 – 6th (UEFA)

Moyes is most certainly average. I'd rate Allardyce over Moyes any day (and I'm not even an Allardyce fan).

If given enough time Moyes can get his team into Europe then isn't that a case to give Allardyce time, rather than calling for his head after half a season?

We'd have to get 1978 to confirm this but i'm sure Moyes didn't get there and be given time by playing players out of position and keep doing it even though it clearly costs points and made them unhappy, playing formations that didn't suit the players then blaming the players when it didn't work out!

While I'm on...

Everton under Moyes:

02/03 – 7th (no Europe)

03/04 – 17th (no Europe)

05/06 – 11th (no Europe)

06/07 – 6th (UEFA)

Great point.

Time is the most important factor in his success. He signed a lot of carp too. Now they are a good side, easily top 8. Thing is are expectations lower there? Did the fans expect like ours? I doubt it..

In that first season though Moyes had shown enough to warrant being given the benefit of the doubt during that tough 2nd season. Had he finished 17th in his first season, how many of us think he would have remained ?

Everton oviously, rightly, took the view that this man was capable of developing a good side over time - because of what happened in that first season. Compare that with what is happening with us now.

Anyone have the details of where Everton were at after 6 months of Moyes's reing.

But are we doing shit? No.

Were in mid table, yes we are inconsistent, yes our football is shit but we are hardly in turmoil! We were never going to finish above top 8, I'm sorry if this offends people but our squad was never going to be up to it.

Sam inherrited a side full of shit, got rid of the worst, tried to attract the players he needed and did well with some, shit with others. A couple of players bounced us back, but is it a surprise? Are we an attractive prospect? No. Just look in the three siginings thread. Think realistically who would come? Aimed at no one in particular players like VDV and Diego will never come to a mid table premiership side.

The need now is to work with what we have, provide some stability, attempt to bring in some payers who can do a job, raise our reputation and push us towards europe in a season or two. I seriuosly doubt cutting off Sam is the right move, look at the clubs doing well, Blackburn, Villa, Everton - all stuck with their managers, even in the harder times and now reaping the rewards. We are last years Aston Villa tbh.

We could be this year's Citeh (best of the rest) without the goals if we played everyone in position in a 442.

It really is that simple.

Guest LucaAltieri

While I'm on...

Everton under Moyes:

02/03 – 7th (no Europe)

03/04 – 17th (no Europe)

05/06 – 11th (no Europe)

06/07 – 6th (UEFA)

Great point.

In that first season though Moyes had shown enough to warrant being given the benefit of the doubt during that tough 2nd season. Had he finished 17th in his first season, how many of us think he would have remained ?

Everton oviously, rightly, took the view that this man was capable of developing a good side over time - because of what happened in that first season. Compare that with what is happening with us now.

Anyone have the details of where Everton were at after 6 months of Moyes's reing.

Glen Roeder?

But are we doing s***? No.

Were in mid table, yes we are inconsistent, yes our football is s*** but we are hardly in turmoil! We were never going to finish above top 8, I'm sorry if this offends people but our squad was never going to be up to it.

Sam inherrited a side full of s***, got rid of the worst, tried to attract the players he needed and did well with some, s*** with others. A couple of players bounced us back, but is it a surprise? Are we an attractive prospect? No. Just look in the three siginings thread. Think realistically who would come? Aimed at no one in particular players like VDV and Diego will never come to a mid table premiership side.

The need now is to work with what we have, provide some stability, attempt to bring in some payers who can do a job, raise our reputation and push us towards europe in a season or two. I seriuosly doubt cutting off Sam is the right move, look at the clubs doing well, Blackburn, Villa, Everton - all stuck with their managers, even in the harder times and now reaping the rewards. We are last years Aston Villa tbh.

We could be this year's Citeh (best of the rest) without the goals if we played everyone in position in a 442.

It really is that simple.

I don't believe this to be true. But we can never know. Will the magic 4-4-2 make our players play as a team?

I don't agree or disagree. Its an unkonwn thing tbh. Wouldn't we still hoof it in 4-4-2?

I think I put all my points in that post. I doubt a formations change is the problem.

The issue for me is the mentality. Sam needs to start thinking to go out and play so the other side have to contain us. I hope he can change before we sack again..

[quote author=Toon's Taylor link=topic

Everton under Moyes:

02/03 – 7th (no Europe)

03/04 – 17th (no Europe)

05/06 – 11th (no Europe)

06/07 – 6th (UEFA)

02/03 – 7th (no Europe) - Safety first shit football, midtable position, no European qualification, shit signings - sacked

03/04 – 17th (no Europe) - Safety first shit football, midtable position, no European qualification, shit signings - sacked

04/05 – 4th (Champion's league) - Safety first shit football, fail to qualify European proper, shit signings - sacked / or kept but warned to improve

05/06 – 11th (no Europe) - Safety first shit football, midtable position, no European qualification, shit signings - sacked

06/07 – 6th (UEFA) - Safety first shit football, midtable position, no Champions League qualification, good signings but didn't manage to keep Fernandes their creative spark, and failure to buy a creative attacking midfielder in the summer for 2007/2008- sacked

This is what will happen if David Moyes manage Newcastle United. He would have been sacked every year.

[quote author=Toon's Taylor link=topic

Everton under Moyes:

02/03 – 7th (no Europe)

03/04 – 17th (no Europe)

05/06 – 11th (no Europe)

06/07 – 6th (UEFA)

02/03 – 7th (no Europe) - Safety first s*** football, midtable position, no European qualification, s*** signings - sacked

03/04 – 17th (no Europe) - Safety first s*** football, midtable position, no European qualification, s*** signings - sacked

04/05 – 4th (Champion's league) - Safety first s*** football, fail to qualify European proper, s*** signings - sacked / or kept but warned to improve

05/06 – 11th (no Europe) - Safety first s*** football, midtable position, no European qualification, s*** signings - sacked

06/07 – 6th (UEFA) - Safety first s*** football, midtable position, no Champions League qualification, good signings but didn't manage to keep Fernandes their creative spark, and failure to buy a creative attacking midfielder in the summer for 2007/2008- sacked

This is what will happen if David Moyes manage Newcastle United. He would have been sacked every year.

Exactly. Well maybe not the 04/05. You never know though..