Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i feel like i've been thrown in to a mexican prison cell where they only play Britney Spears 24h a day....Well it's not that it says that no Modric for Newcaste. IF it's true and that we only have offered £12m i hope we raise it if we have not already done that...guess we will have to have som patience, easier said than done though...

Guest GAMMELL

Over-rated s**** anyway. 12m for Modric? Never heard of him. Must be s****. We don't need him. I'd Rather Have Bullard.

:lol:

Wages shouldn't be a stumbling block with our financial backing imo. If Modric simply doesn't want to come then fair enough but offering £10-20 mill for him and then not giving him a sufficient wage just sounds stupid.

Apparently its the fee, not the wage.

I'm not sure that we'd provide all the hospitality, then offer £6m less than the apparent January asking price. It is just one paper after all.

Wages shouldn't be a stumbling block with our financial backing imo. If Modric simply doesn't want to come then fair enough but offering £10-20 mill for him and then not giving him a sufficient wage just sounds stupid.

I'm not sure that we'd provide all the hospitality, then offer £6m less than the apparent January asking price. It is just one paper after all.

All of the talk is coming from his club, not NUFC.

Bidding war, nothing more.

Ah right.

Guest alijmitchell

As I said about 11 pages ago, can't someone lock this thread until something factual happens? ;)

That would be a novel idea, save me spending about an hour of my life searching theough 15 pages of posts looking for something solid before my last Degree Final Exam tomorrow...

Coming from Telegraph, .com, and the Chronicle as well remember.

When has Oliver ever taken a story off a foreign newspaper?

As I said about 11 pages ago, can't someone lock this thread until something factual happens? ;)

oh shut up killjoy, its only speculation. it doesnt hurt, if you dont wanna know dont read. if you only wanna read concrete just look at newsnow for 'modric signs for nufc' or 'modric doesnt sign for nufc'

concerning the most recent developments regarding the bid, where's NE5?

Sorry, but trying to convince me that Oliver talks anything other than bollocks is a bit of a waste of time.

Our media are reporting it because they've picked up on the story in Croatia.

(IMO)

Don't you get the impression that the money is there, but we're not willing to pay over our own evaluation for players? They're not like Shepherd, who would probably say something like "Sod it, offer him £120k per week!" :S

Sorry, but trying to convince me that Oliver talks anything other than bollocks is a bit of a waste of time.

(IMO)

Whoosh!

Don't you get the impression that the money is there, but we're not willing to pay over our own evaluation for players? They're not like Shepherd, who would probably say something like "Sod it, offer him £120k per week!" :S

The same Shepherd who refused to sign Anelka and Boa Morte based on the fact that he wasn't willing to pay over our own evaluation for players?

He's no doubt done that indirectly on many occasions, i.e. foreign newspaper story gets picked up by the national dailies which gets regurgitated by Oliver.

(IMO)

Whoosh!

Me or you? ;)

The same Shepherd who refused to sign Anelka and Boa Morte based on the fact that he wasn't willing to pay over our own evaluation for players?

He's talking about wages isn't he? I don't remember Shepherd turning anyone down over wages tbh.