Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I went to the opticians today,a swarthy European attended to me,whilst i was in my 3rd team shirt incidentally,he told me i had normal eyesight,so i thought,but pow i believe he knew something we dont.He said,"I sign you Looka Moderates." ;D

If this transfer gets hijacked just how gutted would people on here be?

Already tattooed Modric to my ass, so yeah pretty gutted.

Question is if we really had him, or we just had a bid for him, thats two different things in mine eyes.

:mystery:

Guest ObaStar

http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1092121.ece

Spurs land £20m Modric

By ANTONY KASTRINAKIS

Published: Today

TOTTENHAM have pulled off a sensational transfer coup by landing Croatia superstar Luka Modric after reaching a deal believed to be over £20million with Dinamo Zagreb.

Sunsport can exclusively reveal that Spurs have won the race to sign Modric and beaten competition from some of Europe’s biggest clubs.

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan had an £18.5million bid rejected by the Croatian club yesterday afternoon before Spurs upped the ante to land the star.

A top Dinamo source told us late last night: “Everything has been agreed and Modric will be going to Tottenham. All the details are in place and the fee is £20m.”

Modric will sign a five-year deal with Tottenham. The deal is believed to be a club record fee for Spurs whose previous record was the £16.5 signing of Darren Bent from Charlton last summer.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City were all linked with moves for Modric as were Barcelona, Inter and Bayern Munich.

It is a masterstroke for boss Juande Ramos who has landed a truly wonderful player who is expected to shine for Croatia in Euro 2008.

Spurs land £20m Modric

By ANTONY KASTRINAKIS

TOTTENHAM have pulled off a sensational transfer coup by landing Croatia superstar Luka Modric after reaching a deal believed to be over £20million with Dinamo Zagreb.

Sunsport can exclusively reveal that Spurs have won the race to sign Modric and beaten competition from some of Europe’s biggest clubs.

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan had an £18.5million bid rejected by the Croatian club yesterday afternoon before Spurs upped the ante to land the star.

A top Dinamo source told us late last night: “Everything has been agreed and Modric will be going to Tottenham. All the details are in place and the fee is £20m.”

Modric will sign a five-year deal with Tottenham. The deal is believed to be a club record fee for Spurs whose previous record was the £16.5 signing of Darren Bent from Charlton last summer.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City were all linked with moves for Modric as were Barcelona, Inter and Bayern Munich.

It is a masterstroke for boss Juande Ramos who has landed a truly wonderful player who is expected to shine for Croatia in Euro 2008.

If this is true, I will be truly gutted.  :(

Guest xtinct

hope he isn't as good as the hype is suggesting.

I wasn't really exited since i've never seen him play.

He'll probably get injured in the euros anyways(i wish)  :razz:

The Sun said it. I wouldn't worry just yet.

Either way as everyone here knows I fucking detest Tottenham with a passion and I take pleasure out of watching them suffer so I won't be happy if The Scum have actually got something right for once.

I agree with Rm.. I'm slightly suspcious on the fact it says 'our source' with no name.. printing a story on the fact that it's gone quiet?

Possibly.

Also seems odd that they've managed to sort a deal out with him after only turning down our offer this afternoon.

Suppose we'll have to wait and see. Got plenty more of this to come over the next few months too!  :(

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8776/modricnf7.jpg

I won't be able to sleep tonight  :undecided:

ITS IN THE SUN.

THE SUN.

THE SUN.

But.. just the thought of him going to Tottenham  :weep: I'd rather have a 25 year-old Maradonna join Sunderland than see Modric go to Tottenscum.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

I wonder if it's the same source that told them this (part in bold):

NEWCASTLE are close to signing �illion-rated Croatian midfield star Luka Modric.

Dinamo Zagreb vice-chairman Zdravko Mamic jetted into Tyneside on Tuesday and met Toon officials in a hotel to discuss the move.

Modric, 22, has been targeted by a host of European big guns with Chelsea and Arsenal among the favourites to land him.

But Geordies executive director of football Dennis Wise has won the battle.

Modric will join after Euro 2008 and has even hosted a farewell dinner party with Dinamo pals to toast the transfer.

A source close to Modric said: 揗amic came back to Croatia and insisted that Luca is close to moving to Newcastle.

揌e always talked about Spain but Portsmouth’s Croatian star Niko Kranjcar has told him to move to England.

"The money Newcastle are offering is fantastic.�

Meanwhile, Toon boss Kevin Keegan is set to offer defender Steven Taylor, 22, a new deal.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1081523.ece

20m is a hell of a lot of money, it's a sucker punch if he does go to spurs of all places but i'm sure KK will be able to regroup and has other targets.

Exactly. Keegan only handed a list of targets to Wise and co. a day or two ago so if we miss out on Modric it's not a big deal. Yes he's a good player but £20 million is a lot of money for someone who's never played in the league before. As much as i'd have liked to see him come here and play it may not happen. Lets be honest, unless we had a stupid amount of success in the next year or two we would probably just be a stepping stone anyway.

There's nee point in dwelling on it. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Spurs land £20m Modric

By ANTONY KASTRINAKIS

So their "investigative "journalism"" has managed to uncover something that no-one else knew about, but not whether or not it would be a record fee for spurs!?!

I can just picture it now...

Sun "Journalist": SO BOSS, WE'VE FOUND OUT THAT HE'S GOING TO SPURS FOR £20M, IS THAT A TRANSFER RECORD FOR THEM? (Sorry, but all tabloid hacks speak in Caps)

Sun Editor: WELL DARREN BENT WAS THEIR RECORD BEFORE AND HE WENT FOR £16.5 (What's a few zeroes when your readership are barely literate or numerate?). IS THAT MORE OR LESS THAN £20MILLION?

Hack: I HAVE NO IDEA BOSS, I THINK IT MIGHT BE LESS, OR IT MIGHT BE THE SAME, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Ed: FUCK IT, SAY "The deal is believed to be a club record fee for Spurs" WHO CARES!?! WE'RE MAKING THIS SHIT UP AS WE GO ALONG ANYWAY!!

The Sun, I hate it!

I am officially sick of this whole fiasco, a massive 2 days into it.

A quick google will show that about 15 days ago the same stories were circulating, but for Spurs. Looking at Jan will show him going to Chelsea.

What will be will be. It'd be brilliant if we got players of this calibre, but as I see it if Keegan can get Butt, Geremi and Barton playing something that resembles the beautiful game, we'll stand a chance of at least something better than this shite next year.

I've said it before, but at the end of the day it's what Keegan wants and he's a man I trust to do the job right. Sorted.

I am officially sick of this whole fiasco, a massive 2 days into it.

A quick google will show that about 15 days ago the same stories were circulating, but for Spurs. Looking at Jan will show him going to Chelsea.

What will be will be. It'd be brilliant if we got players of this calibre, but as I see it if Keegan can get Butt, Geremi and Barton playing something that resembles the beautiful game, we'll stand a chance of at least something better than this s**** next year.

I've said it before, but at the end of the day it's what Keegan wants and he's a man I trust to do the job right. Sorted.

Exactly. If Keegan can't convince someone to come to Newcastle then we stand no chance, therefore what's the point in moaning about it?