Chelsea 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 29/12/07 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

Didn't have the oportunity to watch the match. But saw the goals at the news. -No doubt Chelsea did win with an off-side.

But I'm a bit confused about how the match was. Many writers in this thread says that Toon had that good match.

From the match stats on NUFC homepage, is this to read:

...........................................Chelsea.................Newcastle

Goals.......................................2............................1..........

Posession..............................64%.......................36%......

Shoots on target...................10............................2..........

Shoots off target....................6.............................1..........

Corners.................................12............................3..........

Fouls......................................9............................11..........

Most fouls............................Kalou (2)................Butt (3)....

Yellow cards...........................1..............................2.........

Red cards...............................0..............................0.........

Scorers..............................Essien (29)...............Butt (56..

..........................................Kalou (87)...............................

Good to be positive, but did Toon really have that good match?  ???

You'd better hope HTL doesn't see this :lol:

Yeap we had a good game, espacially in secoend half. Martins haved a couple of really good opportunities but never shot. Duff almost had an open goal and we had quite alot of crosses that never went right in the box.

Guest neesy111

we played mainly chelsea reserves and still got beat, we had a better starting 11 than theres

we should of won, if it wasn't for allardyce and his containment tactics which ultimely will get him the sack

we played mainly chelsea reserves and still got beat, we had a better starting 11 than theres

Is that a wind-up?

Given  >  Hilario

Beye  >  Belletti

Alex  >  Caçapa

Ben Haim  >  Taylor

Bridge  >  N'Zogbia

Mikel  =  Faye

Ballack  >  Butt

Essien  >  Smith

Wright-Phillips  >  Milner

Cole  >  Duff

Martins  >  Kalou

we should of won, if it wasn't for allardyce and his containment tactics which ultimely will get him the sack

Is that a joke?

Chelsea had still the better team and to say this is the b-team is also wrong. many of these are playing regulary.

I reckon Kalou is better than Martins like ;)

Same here, seriously as well. Although not by any big margin.

I was being serious. Not a big fan of either player though.

I'm pretty sure if Martins played for Chelsea he would be setting the place alight. Exciting player him, we aren't using him properly at all.

He isn't good enough for Chelsea tbh.

I'm pretty sure if Martins played for Chelsea he would be setting the place alight. Exciting player him, we aren't using him properly at all.

He isn't good enough for Chelsea tbh.

Nor is Kalou then

Fine, I've already stated I'm not a fan of either player. I think Kalou is better though.

I thought it was odd that whilst the players were arguing about the offside goal with Riley and the linesman, Chelsea TV replayed the goal (several times) on the big screens so everyone in the ground could see that it was offside.  I wondered if Riley had seen it but felt that he could not reverse his decision.  Really strange to see the goal finally given when everyone already knew for certain it was offside.

I thought it was odd that whilst the players were arguing about the offside goal with Riley and the linesman, Chelsea TV replayed the goal (several times) on the big screens so everyone in the ground could see that it was offside.  I wondered if Riley had seen it but felt that he could not reverse his decision.  Really strange to see the goal finally given when everyone already knew for certain it was offside.

for truth that happened in roy of the rovers,created a riot and was always a plausable scenario...life imitates comic