Newcastle 0 - 2 Manchester City - 02/01/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

N'Zogbia has been excellent.

Beye has been very good.

Duff has been pretty good, very active.

Butt has been very ordinary.

Cacapa has been pretty shite.

Martins is a 10mil pound striker with only one foot, and that one is defective.  The guy has had 3 excellent chances, 2 he screwed because he refuses to strike with his right foot, and the other he screwed because he doesn't know when to just shoot at the fecking goal already!  I am starting to ponder whether Ameobi isn't a better option than Martins, as ineffective as Shola has been in the past at least he has the blind ambition to shoot (with either foot) the first chance he gets.

The ref has got to be on the take!

We do not deserve to be 0-1 down, their goal was quite flukey imo. I knew us not taking our chances would come back to bite us but I think except for the odd mistake we played well that half.

I can see Owen on for Oba for the 2nd half, obas not shaking off their defenders easily. The crowd also need to liven up, they're bloody dead.

Next goal is crucial to the outcome

james milner has been pure shit.  he gets inside of dunne inside the box with a shot or cross option and then tries to nutmeg dunne to get back outside!!! shit touches and more airshots as well.  get enrique into left back and send zoggy out right!

Martins is s*** and i really can't wait till he fucks off to the African Nations cup,

i'm losing patience with him, tbh. He's hardly improved since he's been here.

I'd snap their cock off if anyone now offers 13m for him. :rolleyes:

Some guys offered a 5mm for him in Nigeria!

Just hope with Owen we have the same amount of movement. Say what you like about Martins' finishing and that but he stretches teams.

I dont think he's even been doing that much recently though, he's so quick but doesnt look like he wants to open up. He seems to always want more time than he has as well. I dont know if its a confidence thing but he looks like he struggling with simple things a professional footballer shouldnt struggle with at the moment.

'Supporters' booing after that first half performance need to be culled.

Did we score?  Have I missed something?

No, but booing after a performance like the one we produced against Liverpool is embarrassing enough, nevermind when we've been the better team.

The Liverpool booing was justified imo. There was barely any booing today.

They were booing the ref you tard.

Ignoring the wild kick (that to be fair didnt make any contact), Elano is an absolutely immense footballer. Some of those through balls have been phenomenal, and his all round passing and linkup play is just class.

Wonder how long he'll stay with City. Easily two classes above anyone else on the pitch for either team.

Ignoring the wild kick (that to be fair didnt make any contact), Elano is an absolutely immense footballer. Some of those through balls have been phenomenal, and his all round passing and linkup play is just class.

Wonder how long he'll stay with City. Easily two classes above anyone else on the pitch for either team.

On his way to Inter in the summer

Martins has been poor, no confidence. Viduka has just been pure lazy. Aside from that, we haven't really been that bad, actually, apart from Cacapas moment of madness, shocking pass back, should have been punished.

First good game he's had in 2 months

First good game he's had in 2 months

Isn't that just the way.

Have a duck to break? Not scored for your new team yet? Never kept a clean sheet? Used to play in black and white? Supported NUFC as a kid? Any connection to NUFC whatsoever?

Got just the team for you!