Newcastle 0 - 2 Manchester City - 02/01/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Guest Mantis

I know he wouldn't join us but David Bentley is twice the player Milner is.

x months ago it was "Lennon so much better than Milner".

Yeah Lennon is also better than Milner.

Do you think a winger will resolve all our problems?  There are a million things wrong at the minute and dreaming about wingers who we have no chance of signing is the least of m worries.

I can't believe the excuses coming in for defending Sven over Sam.... says it all really.

Excuses?

Sven is a top manager, vastly experienced at club and international level and a proven winner, Allardyce is not.

Allardyce is an experienced Premiership manager, Eriksson is not.

Fair enough, but it's not fair to say Sven has no experience of the Premiership having managed England for years.

Sven might have picked up the odd thing about football management in his 9 years in Serie A. lol

Do you think a winger will resolve all our problems?  There are a million things wrong at the minute and dreaming about wingers who we have no chance of signing is the least of m worries.

There aren't a million things wrong at all.

We had a very good first half but the second goal killed it.

Two good performces on average against 2 top 4 sides.

Do you think a winger will resolve all our problems?  There are a million things wrong at the minute and dreaming about wingers who we have no chance of signing is the least of m worries.

Nope it wont resolve all our problems but it's a solution for one of them.

I can't believe the excuses coming in for defending Sven over Sam.... says it all really.

Excuses?

Sven is a top manager, vastly experienced at club and international level and a proven winner, Allardyce is not.

Allardyce is an experienced Premiership manager, Eriksson is not.

Allardyce is experienced PL manager so fu*king WHAT ? Does that make him better than Fabio Capillo ?

Do you think a winger will resolve all our problems?  There are a million things wrong at the minute and dreaming about wingers who we have no chance of signing is the least of m worries.

Did you say something?

Did you say something?

Sorry Dave. Click happy it seems.  :laugh:

It's funny though.. We played 4-4-2 today. And even though most on here will question why Emre didn't start etc, Allardyce can never come out good. It's just impossible to please certain people.

Honestly, todays loss lies solely at the feet of the players who didn't perform. And that would be the whole team, bar one or two. They all really looked like they were on 11 different planets, completely unable to string two passes together, let alone create something on their own.

We played well first half and if Owen played from the start instead of that useless c*** martins we would been 2 or 3-0 up. Second half we still did ok and Owen was unlucky not to score at the start. man city only had like 3 shots and were lucky to get the win

How can anyone say martins is a good player? he's championship level. sell

notice no-ones mentioned man city haven't won away since the opening day of the season

context means a lot in football, and put into context this was a s**** result and performance

football means alot in football, and put into football terms this was a shit result and performance

just got back.

woeful again tonight. if you can't keep clean sheets then you have to take your chances. and we go to pieces infront of goal.

under sam I expected solid football with the basics being done right. I never imagined it would be pretty but whats being served up at the moment is gash.

and I don't see how people can be so confident we won't be dragged into the relegation fight. yes there's some shite below us but we haven't been able to beat the shite. the "easy" fixtures are dissapearing fast so where are the points coming from ?

the nation will be willing us to fuck up again on sunday too.

I genuinely can't see where we go from here. the activities of the summer created a feeling that the tide had turned but it has been another false dawn....

As said, Allardyce and Eriksson both took over at the same time, spent a similar amount on a similar amount of player and we are near the bottom while they compete for the CL.

Sven had more cash to spend and we sold two of our creative players and didn't replace thm.

Sven had a year off to scout the players he brought in.

I'm sure Sven said he hadn't seen some of them play before when they signed.

But Sven definately spent more than Allardyce did.

Newspaper bollocks, duly dismissed.

He definately did spend more money than Sam.

If we sack Allardyce then we will get into a relegation dogfight and whose to say we would get a better manager in his place?

Why would any respectable manager want to come to a club where the fans crave success so much that they become impatient and unwilling to give him any time to sort out the club. A manager has more to do behind the scenes than put an 11 out against another side on a Saturday. Its a vicious cycle.

Positives

Improved scouting network.

Long term planning.

Team look fitter.

Less injuries than at this stage last season.

Improved training facilities.

We are midtable after wholesale changes in the summer, when the club was "rotten to the core" as some put it last season.

notice no-ones mentioned man city haven't won away since the opening day of the season

context means a lot in football, and put into context this was a shite result and performance

I think you might be talking rubbish.

If Ashley isn't going to sack Sam.  He can get his f****** chequebook out and splash the cash.  Bids in for big name, quality players please.

Sadly, I think it's come to this. Whether Ashley trusts Allardyce with his money or not, it's gotta be back or sack.

context means a lot in football, and put into context this was a s**** result and performance

football means alot in football, and put into football terms this was a s*** result and performance

touche

There aren't a million things wrong at all.

We had a very good first half but the second goal killed it.

Two good performces on average against 2 top 4 sides.

Yep gotta agree very good first half but after they scored sat back to hit us on the break which they did...we had problems creating anything against them after this whether emre would have made a difference if he was on earlier i dont know but we missed duff after he went off Charlie kinda disappeared.

When you consider the Chelsea offside goal not many decisions went our way tonight either.

I think you might be talking rubbish.

how so?  they'd not won in 3 either...

it's alright saying man city are 5th or whatever when they beat us but they've generally been poor away from home and they beat us with ease

how is that rubbish?