Newcastle 0 - 2 Manchester City - 02/01/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Get a passionate creative manager in and we will fly with the squad we have!!

No, you won't. Well, that's my opinion anyway, I thnk it is easy to overrate your squad when you're not assessing it objectively, but from what I've seen of you this season - which, admittedly isn't as much as you lot have - you've a lot of players who really aren't up to much.

Even Given seems (by reading posts here) to have deteriorated, and he's been quality for donkeys.

Dude ... still interested in Milner? Milner for Maloney swap deal?

Not for Maloney, but we dsperately need a right sided midfielder. I reckon if you took a straw poll of our lot on "want Milner back for 5m?" a good 75 - 80 percent would say yes.

Why doesn't Maloney play wide right for you guys?

Because he is left sided. We tend to push Young to the right (he is as good either side) and Maloney left side, or - as against Chelsea - play Maloney alongside Carew and Agbonlahor wide (which freaked us out at first sight, but worked)

Oh ... Maloney is right-footed though isn't he?

Anyway, he doesn't seem to start games which is puzzling. Him and Young should be on the wings (whichever side) with Gabby and Carew upfront imo.

I'm so jealous. You definitely don't need Milner. Now you've got used to watching Young you will hate Milner with a passion.

Given 1st choice keeper, had a small shaky spell but seems to be through that now, Harper may move on but I would be happy to keep him here..

Faye is our Diop, now forget about looking for another big holding midfielder we have one and look at playing Emre with Faye in the middle or sell Emre and look for another creative player.

Zoggy and Duff share the LW with Zoggy 1st choice, we need a RW with Milner as cover, Owen and Martins as our two fast strikers, get shot of Viduka and lookf or two big strikers.

Beye 1st choice RB sell Carr look for another RB, Cacapa as a 1st choice CB so we need to buy another and have Taylor and Roze as CB cover, we need a LB or maybe two all depends on how Enrique can do.

Anyway, he doesn't seem to start games which is puzzling. Him and Young should be on the wings (whichever side) with Gabby and Carew upfront imo.

The problem with that is that with just Barry and NRC in the middle, we'd get overrun too easily. I guess you have to pick your games for that formation, though, as in the right situation it would be nice.

Guest Brewcastle

Saw the match on TV in Norway.

The producer made a sarcastic one against Sam.

First the camera focused on a commercial shield beside the pitch, who said; "Soon Out".

Then it switched over to focus Sam......

No, you won't. Well, that's my opinion anyway, I thnk it is easy to overrate your squad when you're not assessing it objectively, but from what I've seen of you this season - which, admittedly isn't as much as you lot have - you've a lot of players who really aren't up to much.

Even Given seems (by reading posts here) to have deteriorated, and he's been quality for donkeys.

Not for Maloney, but we dsperately need a right sided midfielder. I reckon if you took a straw poll of our lot on "want Milner back for 5m?" a good 75 - 80 percent would say yes.

One bad game and Milner is suddenly a bad player....says it all really.

Milner stinks dude. Get real.

You must love average. I don't. Look at his Engalnd under-21 peers, Bentley, Young and Agbonlahor!

Why is Milner even in the under-21 side.

STINKS! STINKS! STINKS!

Really dude? no way dude!

One bad game and Milner is suddenly a bad player....says it all really.

Milner stinks dude. Get real.

You must love average. I don't. Look at his Engalnd under-21 peers, Bentley, Young and Agbonlahor!

Why is Milner even in the under-21 side.

STINKS! STINKS! STINKS!

Really dude? no way dude!

You suck dude.

Just like your uberhero Milner.

:razz:

Guest Hodgson09

I just got back to Australia from Newcastle, I went to the Birmingham match it was my first match at St James ever we played shit but I stayed until the players left the field so I saw the goal. It was a great experience. However the taxi left without me so I was stranded in a city I didn't know.

Allardyce is clueless when it comes to doing anything different to Bolton, we do not have those types of players yet. The question is do you want to watch us play like Bolton? Watching us play at times is dreadfully boring, Given is past it or he has gone mental, the strike force is 1 dimensional and therefore predictable.

If I could ask Allardyce one question it would be, Why do you sit up in the directors box for the first half or until there is no way back?

I don't understand it.

If Allardyce was sacked who would replace him???? We need stability and a new manager now won't do a thing. I might be happy watching Bolton mk2 play week in week out if we can finish in the top 8 for a couple of seasons.

Unfortunately the wrong appointment was made by a no nothing cockhead and we the fans have to live with it. Sven would have done better, I like the way City are playing.

Guest bobblyrage

We lost because of the players, not the manager. I think thats the first time I've thought that this season.

Martins, Zog, Duff, Owen and Milner all had opportunities they squandered, Man City had far fewer chances but took theirs. Simple as that.

We lost because of the players, not the manager. I think thats the first time I've thought that this season.

Martins, Zog, Duff, Owen and Milner all had opportunities they squandered, Man City had far fewer chances but took theirs. Simple as that.

This

Spot on - there was nothing wrong with our performance in terms of chances made it was obviously chances taken which has made us struggle since September/October.

Guest neesy111

Spot on - there was nothing wrong with our performance in terms of chances made it was obviously chances taken which has made us struggle since September/October.

i guess that u didn't see the last 60 mins of the game, fine we missed chances but as soon man city scored we fell apart and found it impossible trying to break a team down

I agree entirely. Although knee-jerk reactions are understandable. Thought that it was hard to fault any player tonight (or the Manager for that matter), apart from Milner (who should always escape criticism) and Martins.

Didn't someone on here say the other day that we looked strong in the late stages of games?

We look spent at half time. Last three games at home, we've gone in the better side and then come out and put in 45 minutes of absolute dross.

i guess that u didn't see the last 60 mins of the game, fine we missed chances but as soon man city scored we fell apart and found it impossible trying to break a team down

The best chance we had was 30 secs in the 2nd half when Owen  shot hit against Harts foot!

I watched the game live here in Australia and whilst some on here might say that you cannot get a balanced view from watching the game on TV, it certainly provides enough to make well judged assessments.

Statistics show that we have lost 7 out of the last 12 games and two of the victories we have achieved have been by virtue of last minute goals at Fulham and against Birmingham. THIS IS RELEGATION FORM and with notable players like Beye and Faye away for the  next month, things will not improve especially with our fixture list.

The team today only played for 30 minutes. What totally bemuses me is that we have players out wide in Milner, Duff and N'Zogbia who all have the ability to take on full backs and get quality balls into the middle but this is rarely achieved. Milner is one of the most frustrating players I have seen. He wants to beat his man several times over eventually losing the opoportunity to deliver early balls into the middle or his delivery, by and large, is poor.

The midfield created little or nothing today and once MC went ahead, there was only going to be one winner, even if Owen had taken the chance just after half time.

We are totally disorganised all over the park and what struck mke most of all is that NUFC players do not know what it is to run off the ball. We are unable to create space for others. Opportunities for the forwards therefore become few and far between.

We are also crap at tracking back.

A few tips for big sam:

Work on movement

Work on crossing

Work on tracking

Get the players back into grids working on the simple things in the game. Get that right first and then develop the tactics to suit.

Play players in their proper positions.

Sign creative and pacy players

It is not a difficult game to play. Everyone just needs to know what their roles are. Clearly, at NUFC, THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

First half - was a case of when we were going to score.

Second half - utter shit. Wrong substitutions, etc etc. Same old same old. Bollocks.

Atmosphere was crap n'all.

Poo.

Positives: Enrique was good.

Negatives: Our fucking train terminated at Darlington. Had to get a bus back. That was pooey.

Guest sicko2ndbest

just got back as live in Birmingham.

Thought we played ok without any real cutting edge

Always looked vulnerable at the back and didnt take our chances

Dunne and Richards are monsters, how i wish they wore black and white

Faye and Charlie played well

Oba didnt take chances, Viduka looks laboured

400 mile round trip for me, some positives but still the same old problems

just got back as live in Birmingham.

Thought we played ok without any real cutting edge

Always looked vulnerable at the back and didnt take our chances

Dunne and Richards are monsters, how i wish they wore black and white

Faye and Charlie played well

Oba didnt take chances, Viduka looks laboured

400 mile round trip for me, some positives but still the same old problems

thought both defences(defending as a team)were similar,they had a cutting edge

We played well first half and if Owen played from the start instead of that useless c*** martins we would been 2 or 3-0 up. Second half we still did ok and Owen was unlucky not to score at the start. man city only had like 3 shots and were lucky to get the win

How can anyone say martins is a good player? he's championship level. sell

Spot on - a waste of 10m quid - what would we get for him now, I wonder..??

He has been well-sussed by Prem sides after his first season - they know that if you keep tight on him, he runs into blind alleys.

Guest Ridzuan

In the first half,we were much better than City and I think we deserved at least  a goal.Martins once again underperforming.Is it lack of confidence or is it he is not interested to play for us anymore,I dont know.We tried to get back in the second half and I think if Owen would have scored that goal,it would be a completely different result but unfortunately for us,City scored another and we didnt seem like getting a goal after that.We clearly had more chances than them but we didnt make full use of it unlike City.I think that is the problem with us currently.You cant win football matches with chances,you need goals and results,something that we are lacking.