interim manager ?

madras

listening to a few different groups in the pub (before and after), most think now is a bad time to be attracting a new manager but want rid of allardyce,so an interim could seem an option ? i did nose in to others debates and various names came out of those who would possibly do it.......keegan.venables.

the idea being that they dont want the long term job and would give us some time,experience and entertainment.

even worth keeping on in some capacity at the club...proxy DOF to persuade players to come here. whilst not being pressure on the mangemebnt side as they dont really want that anymore.

thoughts

As much as i think SA has lost it, it would be pointless to go for anything other than a long term manager.

If we were to do that though, it should be about giving Shearer a chance rather than some old bloke doing his bow out.

As much as i think SA has lost it, it would be pointless to go for anything other than a long term manager.

If we were to do that though, it should be about giving Shearer a chance rather than some old bloke doing his bow out.

shearer would never take the post as an interim and right now i thik thats what we need

I'd be for it, to try and offer an alternative to the style of football Allardyce is giving us.

However, I think the effect would be minimal to nil.  The reason for this, sadly, is that I'm beginning to think Allardyce is becoming so fucking ignorant that he wouldn't listen to someone offering an alternative.

I can't help but feel that he thinks he knows best and obviously seems determined not to give in to the pressure of the fans.  (Zog playing left wing).

I watched "Big Ron Manager" on Sky, where Ron Atkinson helped out at Peterbrough, and as a result, their manager resigned as he felt Atkinson was getting preferential treatment from Peter Fry and didn't like having him around.

Although I don't think Allardyce would walk, I think it would bring conflict into the club, perhaps as Allardyce wouldn't want to be portrayed as needing a "helper" as it would suggest to outsiders he isn't all what he's cracked up to be.

I'd be for it, to try and offer an alternative to the style of football Allardyce is giving us.

However, I think the effect would be minimal to nil.  The reason for this, sadly, is that I'm beginning to think Allardyce is becoming so f****** ignorant that he wouldn't listen to someone offering an alternative.

I can't help but feel that he thinks he knows best and obviously seems determined not to give in to the pressure of the fans.  (Zog playing left wing).

I watched "Big Ron Manager" on Sky, where Ron Atkinson helped out at Peterbrough, and as a result, their manager resigned as he felt Atkinson was getting preferential treatment from Peter Fry and didn't like having him around.

Although I don't think Allardyce would walk, I think it would bring conflict into the club, perhaps as Allardyce wouldn't want to be portrayed as needing a "helper" as it would suggest to outsiders he isn't all what he's cracked up to be.

i mean "instead" of allardyce but leaving us time to find a fulltime appointment.

What about this guy?

http://www.forumfutbol.com/futbol-resimleri/data/media/16/fatih_terim.jpg

Fatih Terim.....

His name is a bit close to what you suggested in your thread title.

What about this guy?

http://www.forumfutbol.com/futbol-resimleri/data/media/16/fatih_terim.jpg

Fatih Terim.....

His name is a bit close to what you suggested in your thread title.

reckon he'd probably want it full tiime.....good pun link mind

However, I think the effect would be minimal to nil.  The reason for this, sadly, is that I'm beginning to think Allardyce is becoming so f****** ignorant that he wouldn't listen to someone offering an alternative.

I can't help but feel that he thinks he knows best and obviously seems determined not to give in to the pressure of the fans.  (Zog playing left wing).

i mean "instead" of allardyce but leaving us time to find a fulltime appointment.

yeah sorry, haha.  It dawned on me after I'd posted.  So in effect, a caretaker?  The only qualm I'd have about that is that the interim manager does well, drags us up the league and performances improve, so we decide to appoint him full-time.  Then we think "oh goody" and he's appointed as full-time manager.  However in his first full season, he begins to lose it.  He makes poor signings, some of which are panic signings on deadline day and we're back to square one in terms of what we're seeing on the pitch.

I think this happened not so long ago somewhere....

yeah sorry, haha.  It dawned on me after I'd posted.  So in effect, a caretaker?  The only qualm I'd have about that is that the interim manager does well, drags us up the league and performances improve, so we decide to appoint him full-time.  Then we think "oh goody" and he's appointed as full-time manager.  However in his first full season, he begins to lose it.  He makes poor signings, some of which are panic signings on deadline day and we're back to square one in terms of what we're seeing on the pitch.

I think this happened not so long ago somewhere....

thats why i mentioned keegan and venables who would probably prefer a job upstairs  in the summer

pointless, lets just stick with SA, i know we are crap, but it can only get better. He himself doesn't want to lose either, but if we keep sacking managers we are never going to move forward. I get pissed to not winning games, but in te end maybe he'll get it right. who knows

i hate the guy somethimes for his tactics, but then there is something about him that i like, don't ask me what.

nutts i'm to wasted

hahahha

IF are getting to the stage where relegation might be a threat, I would bring in George Graham until the season's end - he would certainly sort out the defence enough to get us enough points to survive..

Graham has the ability to do this with a club like NUFC OVER A SHORT PERIOD...

Fans wouldn't like it(boring 1-0 wins, 0-0 draws etc), but needs must - relegation would be the ultimate disaster for this club...

IF Allardyce is fired, a short-term appointment with top class experience is the best way until we can take a wider choice in Summer.

IF are getting to the stage where relegation might be a threat, I would bring in George Graham until the season's end - he would certainly sort out the defence enough to get us enough points to survive..

Graham has the ability to do this with a club like NUFC OVER A SHORT PERIOD...

Fans wouldn't like it(boring 1-0 wins, 0-0 draws etc), but needs must - relegation would be the ultimate disaster for this club...

IF Allardyce is fired, a short-term appointment with top class experience is the best way until we can take a wider choice in Summer.

No.

pointless, lets just stick with SA, i know we are crap, but it can only get better. He himself doesn't want to lose either, but if we keep sacking managers we are never going to move forward. I get pissed to not winning games, but in te end maybe he'll get it right. who knows

i hate the guy somethimes for his tactics, but then there is something about him that i like, don't ask me what.

nutts i'm to wasted

hahahha

Are you mental?  Look at the remaining fixtures again and then tell me it can only get better.

Guest redmayne

nutts i'm to wasted

hahahha

Are you mental?  Look at the remaining fixtures again and then tell me it can only get better.

agreed we've just had the easiest fixture list i remember in years and they never were that favourable to us but this season was]

now we have the run in i can see us hovering between 10-16th place all season

oh the fucking joy of it - mind you its not the managers fault i mean we don't pay him for results right?

BOLLOCKS .... and to the players although we have needed a full clearout for a while

Guest The Libertine

for gods sake man, keegan, venables? george f****** graham? the grass isnt always greener you know lads

it definitely is. anyone is better than fat sam!! anyone.

:frantic:

Pointless going for a long term manager if this one doesnt even get 15 games before the claws are out

Have you seen us play this season? Have you seen Allardyce's formations, tactics and player selections? Have you seen the layers he saw fit to shell £25m out on?

HE'S NOT THE RIGHT MANAGER FOR US.

Have you seen us play this season? Have you seen Allardyce's formations, tactics and player selections? Have you seen the layers he saw fit to shell £25m out on?
  Yes I have

HE'S NOT THE RIGHT MANAGER FOR US.

Sadly we cant keep on sacking mangers, it has to stop or change somewhere.

Guest iliketoonarmy

Jesus wept, what makes people think another manager will do any better.   Especially a caretaker manager, lets get Roeder back in. 

The only reason you are saying this is because your knowledge of football is fucking limited thus you can't really think of other better candidates.

Sam,Roeder,Souness are those level you can think of that's why geordies deserve shit managers.