Bad luck, "wonder goals" and good goal keeping displays

Guest nufc 4 life

Guest nufc 4 life

Now i am not someone that thinks Sam Allardyce is perfect, his tactics can be very strange at times, but i think the grilling he gets on here by some is pretty suprising baring in mind how some of our recent games have gone.

Against Man City every paper i have read has said that we were unlucky to lose and i'm watching the highlights now. From what i have seen we had the better oportunities the goalkeeper played very well and they should of had a red card, this is becuase duff was clean through on goal and taken out and yet he was ajudged to be offside when he clearly wasn't, a few seconds later City are down the other end and scoring a goal. Elano the goal scorer should have been sent off for kneeing faye in the head when the ball was a good 6 feet away. Had this been Joey Barton the red card would of been produced without hesitancy. Now many on here judge the press to be against us, but the last two games against Chelsea and Man City the write-ups have been very positive towards us and we have been judged to be unlucky. The decision at Chelsea to allow a goal were Kalou was a couple of yards offside is a perfect example of our "bad luck" and having all manner of decisions go against us.

Whats more the number of "wonder goals" that have been scored against us, well i can't even count how many amazing goals we have conceded and many of these will change games. For instance in the game against Pompey a few minutes in  Paramout (sp.) a player that is not at all known for his shooting bangs one into the top corner using his wekaer foot, this immediately changed the game, Pompey gained a huge confidence boost and we were on the back foot. Giles Barnes scored a very good goal against us, Elano scored a screamer against us and there are many more that have been long since forgotten due to people calling for the managers head.

I'm not saying the players or Sam Allardyce are not to blame, becuase they most certainly are. BS tactics have at time been awful, why he can't play our only natural left back at left back i don't know, why he plays our only natural right-sided midfielder on the left i don't know and why our players aren't perfoming at the moment i don't know. All i am asking for is people to spare a thought at how bad our luck has been, how many amazing goals have been socred against us and that maybe it's better for us as a club to get behind Big Sam however hard it may be at the moment. He inherited a squad in turmoil, and it WILL take time for that to change and for the many new players he has brought into the club to really settle in and get used to each other along with the 20 new backroom staff he has employed.

Newcastle is a club that goes through managers at a ridculous rate, maybe now is the time for us to start building the foundations, getting behind the team and giving the manager the time he WILL need to make this team a successful one.

Though it always seems to happen against us, the fact is you make your own luck. There's a reason why the top clubs get lucky whilst the relegation fodder do not. And it's not because the officials are bent.

Guest nufc 4 life

Though it always seems to happen against us, the fact is you make your own luck. There's a reason why the top clubs get lucky whilst the relegation fodder do not. And it's not because the officials are bent.

I have to disagree i am not saying officals are bent, but the decisions that have gone against us in the last two games have cost us the macth end of story.

I have to disagree i am not saying officals are bent, but the decisions that have gone against us in the last two games have cost us the macth end of story.

They have played a part, not cost us the matches. We did that ourselves.

Guest nufc 4 life

an offside goal in the 80 something minute, didn't cost us a point?

two blatant red cards and another offside decision going against us wouldn't have completely turned the game in our favour?

two blatant red cards and another offside decision going against us wouldn't have completely turned the game in our favour?

A dodgey pen against Fulham in the 90th min gave us an extra 2 points.

All teams suffer from bad luck and wonder goals at various points in the season.

Its because we're playing both dogshit and negatively that bad luck is highlighting our poor situation. A very kind fixture list in the first half of the season has in fact papered over much of our woeful form and performances.

You could say letting in the first goal cost us three points.

If, if, if. Fact is if we took our chances we'd be doing better. We didn't. We're not.

could it be evened up by the luck of wigan getting a player sent off up here when he shouldn't have been, milners fluke v mackems,milners complete mis kick V spuds that he then got on to, getting an equaliser v derby that wasn't deserved.

forget the refs and wonder goals our play this season has been that bad we should count ourselves lucky to be where we are

A dodgey pen against Fulham in the 90th min gave us an extra 2 points.

pretty much stone wall pen tbh

You could say letting in the first goal cost us three points.

If, if, if. Fact is if we took our chances we'd be doing better. We didn't. We're not.

I agree to an extent with what you are saying, but a lot of teams will play as well/bad as we have done in the last few games, get that little bit of luck and win games, our luck has been rotten recently.

The Onouha challenge was an offside. A wrong offside decision. But that seems to happen every game, sometimes even two or three times. Every team in the country, in any country, suffers from bad offside decisions. Its alarmingly common.

And Elano's wild kick could have been a red, but should? Im not sure. There wasnt much contact at all. Its one of those where you wouldnt be suprised if the ref had given a red card because its happened many a time before, but thats not the same as "should blatantly have got one".

And im pretty sure Joey Barton did a similar thing from behind a few weeks ago, but only picked up a yellow because although the intent was pretty bad, there wasnt much contact. The one where he went to stick his studs into another player's calves, but ultimately hardly touched him. Could easily have been a red, but like Elano, imo it shouldnt have been.

Im not saying we've not suffered our share of bad luck, but to make out that we're this mega victim of bad decisions is an overstep or two. Its easy to only highlight our poor luck and ignore our good luck.

Guest Knightrider

We have been unlucky and it's obviously had some kind of impact, but you can't blame such things on our woes. They all even themselves out anyway.

Yep we've been unlucky, but as mentioned aslo lucky in some games.

You cant blame our piss poor form and position all on bad luck. We are where we deserve to be, we've had a pretty 'easy' first half of the season and lie in the bottom half, thats the team and SA's fault, not the linesmens'.

Now i am not someone that thinks Sam Allardyce is perfect, his tactics can be very strange at times, but i think the grilling he gets on here by some is pretty suprising baring in mind how some of our recent games have gone.

Against Man City every paper i have read has said that we were unlucky to lose and i'm watching the highlights now. From what i have seen we had the better oportunities the goalkeeper played very well and they should of had a red card, this is becuase duff was clean through on goal and taken out and yet he was ajudged to be offside when he clearly wasn't, a few seconds later City are down the other end and scoring a goal. Elano the goal scorer should have been sent off for kneeing faye in the head when the ball was a good 6 feet away. Had this been Joey Barton the red card would of been produced without hesitancy. Now many on here judge the press to be against us, but the last two games against Chelsea and Man City the write-ups have been very positive towards us and we have been judged to be unlucky. The decision at Chelsea to allow a goal were Kalou was a couple of yards offside is a perfect example of our "bad luck" and having all manner of decisions go against us.

Whats more the number of "wonder goals" that have been scored against us, well i can't even count how many amazing goals we have conceded and many of these will change games. For instance in the game against Pompey a few minutes in  Paramout (sp.) a player that is not at all known for his shooting bangs one into the top corner using his wekaer foot, this immediately changed the game, Pompey gained a huge confidence boost and we were on the back foot. Giles Barnes scored a very good goal against us, Elano scored a screamer against us and there are many more that have been long since forgotten due to people calling for the managers head.

I'm not saying the players or Sam Allardyce are not to blame, becuase they most certainly are. BS tactics have at time been awful, why he can't play our only natural left back at left back i don't know, why he plays our only natural right-sided midfielder on the left i don't know and why our players aren't perfoming at the moment i don't know. All i am asking for is people to spare a thought at how bad our luck has been, how many amazing goals have been socred against us and that maybe it's better for us as a club to get behind Big Sam however hard it may be at the moment. He inherited a squad in turmoil, and it WILL take time for that to change and for the many new players he has brought into the club to really settle in and get used to each other along with the 20 new backroom staff he has employed.

Newcastle is a club that goes through managers at a ridculous rate, maybe now is the time for us to start building the foundations, getting behind the team and giving the manager the time he WILL need to make this team a successful one.

hahahahahaahahahahahahaah!!!!

We were fucking awful against man city from the point they scored.

Oh, and Allardyce will not be successful at NUFC, so any tme given to him is a fucking waste.

If you have been to any matches, you cannot say its not his fault, he's fucked up royally time nd time again.

Oh, and Allardyce will not be successful at NUFC, so any tme given to him is a fucking waste.

If you have been to any matches, you cannot say its not his fault, he's fucked up royally time nd time again.

Although your posts and your signature are maybe a bit harsh, you sir, still speak the truth.

Although your posts and your signature are maybe a bit harsh, you sir, still speak the truth.

Honest, is my inention. If it seems harsh, its probably because i've had enough of the shite Allardyce is putting onto the pitch, then saying afterwards.

well i agree with the refereeing being a bit dodgy. against chelsea, dont tell me if wed scored that goal at the other end they would have given it. dont tell me if at stamford bridge, if it was 0-0 and in the 90th minute that omusuzi challenge on smith was a carvalho challenge on smith it would have been a penalty. i also question if wed fouled a fulham player whether they get the pen. basically, refs give the decisions to the bigger clubs, so we do better than say fulham, derby, boro, reading, probably portsmouth but when it comes to man city, united, chelsea. they go against us.